Simple looks get compliments!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, usually i never do only 2 shadows.. but today i was REALLY late for work, i swiped on bare canvas paint and then "tempting" from lid to just above the crease.. i applied "Oceanique" on the brow bone. Never got MORE compliments then i did with this simple look..and it really made the blue and green in my eyes pop!

Sound nice Lau! PICS!! we need PICS!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

same here. when I wear brights (which I rarely do though), for example my brother is like "damn you wear much makeup" or friends say "wow I like that green/purple/turquoise on you"

and when it´s just simple, when I put more effort into making my skin look glowy and fake a tan with self tanner and bronzer people say I look rested and healthy.

time to go neutral more often, right guys?
wink.gif

Pics would be cool!!

I've been thinking about this alot recently too.

Although i love wearing the bright colours and people comment on them, i am actually preferring the natural colours at them moment as they make me look healthier, and they are not attention drawing.

same here
smile.gif
i've gotten more compliments with a natural look than when i wear daring bold colours. i rarely do daring looks for everyday though.....which can get boring sometimes
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe Ok, usually i never do only 2 shadows.. but today i was REALLY late for work, i swiped on bare canvas paint and then "tempting" from lid to just above the crease.. i applied "Oceanique" on the brow bone. Never got MORE compliments then i did with this simple look..and it really made the blue and green in my eyes pop! Sometimes less is more. I agree with andrea that if I spend more time getting my skin to look good (exfoliating, and taking care of it, not just makeup) and doing minimal other makeup, like just a wash of champagne eyeshadow and mascara and lip balm, I get 'you look fresh and pretty', which I love:icon_love
icon_redface.gif

I agree, the compliments come more with the muted neutrals. That is all I have been wearing is a variety of those and maybe once or twice a month, the fun colors.

i guess all the makeup and color in the world is not substitute for beautiful, glowing healthy skin!

If you have beautiful skin you don't need a lot of makeup. You feel like you don't have so much to hide, IMO

i love a natural look too. the less makeup i have to wear the better b-cuz i have good clear skin, which is what i am trying to achieve. overall though i love lots of looks, but natural is my favorite.
icon_smile.gif

I totally agree that simpler looks get more compliments!!
smile.gif
Plus that look you did is just great anyways!! Tempting on the lid with Retrospeck to highlight with a little black liner and mascara is one of my FAVE eye looks! I think that when you wear more natural colors that people tend to compliment you. For example, "You look really pretty" or "You look really nice today." Whereas when you're wearing brighter colors where it's a lot more obvious that you're wearing makeup, people are much more likely to compliment you on the color like, "I love your eyeshadow!" I guess I'm lucky that I love neutrals, though I do love some occassional color.

Know what you mean girlie.. My SO always *comments on my make-up when i wear colours and loves when i wear neutrals

*comments = "you're dressing up like Krusty the Clown today, are you?" I know he doesnt mean it in a bad way though!

Originally Posted by Laura Know what you mean girlie.. My SO always *comments on my make-up when i wear colours and loves when i wear neutrals
*comments = "you're dressing up like Krusty the Clown today, are you?" I know he doesnt mean it in a bad way though!

That's so funny, because just the other day, I saw Pam Anderson on one of those late night show reruns, and I was on the phone with a guy friend, and I said something like, 'Oh, she's so pretty.' And he said "Someone needs to tell her that she looks like a clown with all that eyeshadow. Why do girls do that, anyways? It looks ridiculous and I would tell them that, but that would be too mean."
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I dont think guys understand the color thing at all!! lol, 'fraid not. It's funny, though, because a lot of guys say they like girls to look natural, but they pick girls from the VS catalogs as 'dream girls'...nothing against them, they are gorgeous, but they definitely use lots of makeup, lighting and airbrush tricks to get them to look that flawless!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl That's great!!! Funny thing, I only get compliments when I do super dramatic makeup. Me too! But to be honest, if I do natural makeup you can't really tell that much difference between me wearing no make up so I almost always do colour. People tend to compliment me more on my hair and fragrance than my MU.

Latest posts

Back