Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was soo happy with my first box when I got it on 3/23... I had my second consultation 3 weeks ago today. I emailed asking when it will be shipped.. they said they ship once a month and it would be sent out by the end of the month? So what happened to my April Box? So weird... I understand they are grow through growing pains but, just tell me what to expect and do what you say you are going to do. I LOVE the boxes when I get them... it just seems to be so much work to get them.....

Originally Posted by Jen Ray /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was soo happy with my first box when I got it on 3/23... I had my second consultation 3 weeks ago today. I emailed asking when it will be shipped.. they said they ship once a month and it would be sent out by the end of the month? So what happened to my April Box? So weird... I understand they are grow through growing pains but, just tell me what to expect and do what you say you are going to do. I LOVE the boxes when I get them... it just seems to be so much work to get them.....
They seem to have skipped April for some members, and not for others. Blah.

I'm pretty sure I only got my April box because I went to the founder of the company and witched.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you ever get it?
Sorry I did! I got it a few days ago. Im not excited at all and I cant remember what I talked about with her but Im positive it was not about anything I got.

Aveda bath bar (small bar of nice smelling soap, I dont use bar soap so this will be up for grabs)

skone super gloss in super nectar has carmine listed in the may contain section, will contact to see if they have a list of which colors contain carmine

pixi nail color in silver glitter top coat i feel like im too old for bright silver glitter nail polish

pixi eyeshadow in no 2 champagne glow its a pretty color and i do like the pixi company. 

its really disappointing that it really does look like they just threw together samples and did not take into consideration my consultation. Glad to be done with this company.

Help. I just need to understand what is happening.

I signed up for Sindulge and had my consultation on March. According to my account, my first delivery was on March 14. I did receive my bag but I do not remember when it was.

I am now wondering why I do not have April and May box.

I checked my bank transaction, they did not take anything anyways. Is there anybody here who has similar issue like mine?

How do I cancel?

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Help. I just need to understand what is happening.

I signed up for Sindulge and had my consultation on March. According to my account, my first delivery was on March 14. I did receive my bag but I do not remember when it was.

I am now wondering why I do not have April and May box.

I checked my bank transaction, they did not take anything anyways. Is there anybody here who has similar issue like mine?

How do I cancel?
I'm just guessing, but in my experience they are not very proactive with this stuff, so if you don't set up your next consultation or email them to state you want to skip it, they probably won't  make or ship your bag. There is a cancel button on the site somewhere.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just guessing, but in my experience they are not very proactive with this stuff, so if you don't set up your next consultation or email them to state you want to skip it, they probably won't  make or ship your bag. There is a cancel button on the site somewhere.
I see. Thanks!

However, it was on the FAQ's

Do I have to do the consultation every month?

Not at all.  We will have your preferences saved, and at the time of your next consultation, you can simply decline and chose the option to just have your bag sent out.

I did not do anything after I received my first bag. So I guess, I will cancel. Might be thinking replacing this expense for BB sub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im trying to cancel via the FAQ :

What is your cancellation policy?

We sure hate to see you go, Log onto your account here to cancel your memberhip.

It did not do anything. I emailed them and will be waiting for feedback.

My account is still active despite I canceled it already.
icon_eek.gif

i do not get why other people got their boxes for April and May when their response to me is like this. Unacceptable!

Yea, after the back and forth of no April Box (despite my account listed as being charged for an April Box, then it was Cancelled due to 'Paypal payment' not  going through (even though I pay with a CC and not PayPal), then being told my May box was being sent out next day, only to not receive it for weeks, I finally received it after emailing to complain (and posting some email trails here).... 

I CANCELLED. I emailed them to cancel as I couldn't even be bothered to try and search for the 'Cancel' button on the website.  It is so unfortunate that a great Beauty Box concept like a personal consult followed by a box with items resulting from it, is now tarnished and maimed by the inability of the staff to get their act together and be straight with their communication and box items.

I am slightly curious to see if their 'system' gets better once most subscribers cancel this month after all this back-n-forth, but frankly, it will take A LOT to get me to rejoin Sindulge.  I just hope the business owners learn from this experience and stop promising what they cannot deliver.

wow! was thinking about this since they had the penny promo, but it didn't work on their website anymore and then i read all the crap you guys have been through with this company and I'm thinking .01 maybe wasn't such a good deal, lol. Glad the code doesn't work anymore so I don't have to debate if I should sign up or not!

Hello, I'm new here, and I signed up for Sindulge after reading about it on this thread. I fell in love with the idea behind it, but I'm not sure whether I'll continue or not. I received my second box today. I received the Youngblood primer, Pixi silver nail polish and pink eye shadow already shown on this thread, but also a sample vial of Argan Oil (from Mara Kesh), which I'm pretty pleased with. I told my consultant Ami I love natural products. I got the Indie Lee body scrub in my first box, along with an eye liner, Youngblood eye cream and powder, and Pixi primer. 

I'd feel self-conscious wearing the silver nail polish on my hands, so I think I'll use it for a pedicure. 

The eye shadow is very pretty and looks like it might be used as a blush also. 

I'll probably use the Argan Oil on my face at night - it's what I'm most excited about in my box. 

In general I find with these surprise boxes, I dream about what I would like, since I don't know what's coming, so I always feel a little let down in the end. 

Hi EdithS2!

Welcome! 

I'm glad to hear that you received a box today.  I wasn't sure if Sindulge was still operating.  Since I received my last box several weeks ago I have checked the website a couple times in order to make the appointment for my next consultation, but each time it said that there are no appointments available. 

I totally agree that the consultation idea is great, and I was hoping that once the one cent box and 'free' one cent box months were done and they were actually receiving money, that they would have more samples and send the customers the samples that were discussed during the consultation. 

I want to stick with them, but it is hard to stick with a company with the shaky customer service history that Sindulge has, when there are so many awesome boxes to choose from.  And, since Sindulge doesn't communicate with its customers all the time, the way the other box companies do, I just don't know what is going on with them.

You could read through some of the other threads here to see if you might like to try a different box for a while.  Then, if Sindulge improves, you can sign up again.  I think that is what I might do.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I'm still with Sindulge..supposedly they are shipping out boxes this week, and we'll receive them next week.  I won't hold my breath though...I think I'll cancel after I receive my 3rd box (if I ever do receive it).  This company says things and then doesn't follow through (total lies).  That is definitely not respectable in my eyes.  I wonder how they're going to build hype back up for their company after so many people cancel due to failed promises from this company.  I think they might actually abandon the company (or file bankruptcy).  That is just a prediction though.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I'm still with Sindulge..supposedly they are shipping out boxes this week, and we'll receive them next week.  I won't hold my breath though...I think I'll cancel after I receive my 3rd box (if I ever do receive it).  This company says things and then doesn't follow through (total lies).  That is definitely not respectable in my eyes.  I wonder how they're going to build hype back up for their company after so many people cancel due to failed promises from this company.  I think they might actually abandon the company (or file bankruptcy).  That is just a prediction though.
They're kind of on my $#*% list right now too and for the same reason. I sent an email earlier this week asking where my box is, considering my consult was 5/1, and received a vague response about how boxes will be shipping shortly and they appreciate my patience. If this one (when I do get it) doesn't knock my knickers off they'll be the ones I cancel (it was between Sindulge and Look Bag, but since Timothy really stepped up on getting me a butt-kicking replacement for some damaged goods my esteem for the Look Bag is steadily rising.) I've been wondering about the possibility of their staying in business or not, owing to their deficiencies in service and shipment.

Wow, so much for "luxury samples"! My box came today with two serums and one cream by ReVive, all single-use; a long vial of argan oil from a place called Mara Kesh Select; Sultry Smoke shadow by Ferro, a nice dark plum-gray that will be great for a night out; and yet another Pixi nail polish, this time in a girl-baby pink color. Except for the Ferro...meh. I'm a big fan of theirs but where I live it's kind of like buying Maybelline, it's made locally so it's readily available. Still, it's nice to get because I do hoard Ferro products and never mind getting one more. As to the rest, the packets are kind of a bummer. I sign on for these services to actually try a product, and these stupid little packets never give an opportunity to gauge how well something works. They're convenient for the gym or pool so I don't have to shlep as much into the locker room, but that's about it. Plus I think this is the fourth Pixi product I've received in less than six weeks! It makes me wonder if something said in another thread is really correct, that some companies use sub services as an excuse to dump old, discontinued, or overstock products. So, who can tell me how to cancel this turkey? It is WAY too much trouble for what I'm getting. This horsepucky of scheduling consultations, taking time out of my workday or rushing home to make sure I do them, together with the nagging feeling my skin and beauty concerns are not being addressed, are all concentrating into a certain area of my behind that gets more and more painful with time. The last consult (actually, at all three of them!) we had discussed sun protection. The only thing in here with an SPF in these three months is a lousy little packet of neck cream! I said I'd give them three months--sayonara.

After I got a box from Sindulge Friday, I got another one Monday. I had paid for both, but I think my second box was delayed, and they are catching up on my shipments. I had cancelled and restarted as well. My second box had another Youngblood primer, a burgundy Pixi nail polish, a Ferro eye shadow (pretty plum color), another Argan Oil, and three sachets of organic herb tea! I thought the herb tea was interesting as I asked for advice on my skin--I thought it was good that they took a holistic approach for me. The teas are called "Helps." and they are wellness teas.

I received the below email this morning.  I'm glad they let me know.  Good luck to them!

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sindulge.com is going through some exciting changes in the next few months and will be re-launching in the Fall.  While we can't share all the juicy details, we can tell you that we will be launching with a special celebrity makeup artist on board.  We will be discontinuing our existing sample subscriptions effective immediately and are working on creating a more vibrant experience for you. 

For those members that have subscribed for extended periods, we will be arranging for refunds for the unused months. We thank you for trusting us with your beauty and skincare needs and appreciate you being a part of Sindulge.  Visit Sindulge.com to sign up for updates and be a part of our exciting new referral program.   

All of us at Sindulge are working hard to give you the best Sindulge experience possible.  Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Jaivin and Dinesh
Co-Founders
[/SIZE]

Not surprised at all that their company failed. Glad to hear they're refunding people for their pre-paid subscriptions but what of those who paid yet haven't received a box yet?

Back