Sinus or ear

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got back from Healthplus and they told me I am having sinus problems. However my symptoms doesn't seem like sinus to me. I have dizziness, fullness in ear, sore neck at base of skull, and sore right under my ear(glands) I feel lots of pressure around my nose and forehead and I am really tired/sleepy feeling. To me this sounds more like ear infection. Also I don't have any kind of congestion/nasal drip or anything. Is that possible with having a sinus infection. My neck is so sore/stiff and tired. Oh and I have some nausea also at times. He prescribed zithromax. I hope it helps.

im the sinus problem queen and that sounds like sinus to me.alleve sinus is AWESOME to relieve the pain along with the zithromax. feel better!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif im the sinus problem queen and that sounds like sinus to me.alleve sinus is AWESOME to relieve the pain along with the zithromax. feel better! I am so glad you replied. Thanks!!! So do you get a sore neck/skull with your infections? How long before I should feel better with the zithromax??? This dizzy/nausea feeling is the pits.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am so glad you replied. Thanks!!! So do you get a sore neck/skull with your infections? How long before I should feel better with the zithromax??? This dizzy/nausea feeling is the pits. go get the aleve youre going to feel like crap for at least 2 days. i get sore everything with the infections. its the worst feeling ever. sleep alot. sleeps the only thing that makes it feel better.

It's definitely sinus. I am currently miserable also. I use over the counter generic sudafed. It helps more than anything the doc has ever prescribed. The old sudafed though........pseudoephidrine.......you have to buy it at the counter and show I.D.. I also have one of those bed buddies that you stick in the microwave for 2 minutes and I lay it on my forehead. I feel for you. Sometimes my neck hurts so bad I want to cry. Motrin, sudafed and heat are my saviours. Standing in a hot shower and letting it steam sometimes helps me also. Hope you feel better.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif go get the aleve youre going to feel like crap for at least 2 days. i get sore everything with the infections. its the worst feeling ever. sleep alot. sleeps the only thing that makes it feel better. ok thanks, I really needed some moral support tonight. I appreciate it more than you know. I worked all evening, using computer, and I feel like I have been ran over by a truck on my face and neck . I will keep you updated tomorrow.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's definitely sinus. I am currently miserable also. I use over the counter generic sudafed. It helps more than anything the doc has ever prescribed. The old sudafed though........pseudoephidrine.......you have to buy it at the counter and show I.D.. I also have one of those bed buddies that you stick in the microwave for 2 minutes and I lay it on my forehead. I feel for you. Sometimes my neck hurts so bad I want to cry. Motrin, sudafed and heat are my saviours. Standing in a hot shower and letting it steam sometimes helps me also. Hope you feel better. I hope you feel better too!!!! Also do you think this problem could make you clench your teeth. I find that I am doing this alot the last few weeks or so.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got back from Healthplus and they told me I am having sinus problems. However my symptoms doesn't seem like sinus to me. I have dizziness, fullness in ear, sore neck at base of skull, and sore right under my ear(glands) I feel lots of pressure around my nose and forehead and I am really tired/sleepy feeling. To me this sounds more like ear infection. Also I don't have any kind of congestion/nasal drip or anything. Is that possible with having a sinus infection. My neck is so sore/stiff and tired. Oh and I have some nausea also at times. He prescribed zithromax. I hope it helps. What is healthplus?

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok thanks, I really needed some moral support tonight. I appreciate it more than you know. I worked all evening, using computer, and I feel like I have been ran over by a truck on my face and neck . I will keep you updated tomorrow.

I hope you feel better too!!!! Also do you think this problem could make you clench your teeth. I find that I am doing this alot the last few weeks or so.

itll be better soon. as far as teeth, my gums and teeth hurt when i have sinus problems. dunno why bt it just happens

Just a guess but clenching your teeth can put stress on the TMJ which can also mimic ear pain. I also have this and had to wear a mouth splint at night for a few years. My doc sent me to an orthodontist after I saw him a few times with left ear pain and he couldn't find anything. The joint [TMJ] was worn out.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif What is healthplus? Healthplus is like a small emergency room, urgent care facility here in WV

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just a guess but clenching your teeth can put stress on the TMJ which can also mimic ear pain. I also have this and had to wear a mouth splint at night for a few years. My doc sent me to an orthodontist after I saw him a few times with left ear pain and he couldn't find anything. The joint [TMJ] was orn out. I had heard of tmj but wasn't sure of the symptoms. I will have to keep a watch on this as well I guess.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Healthplus is like a small emergency room, urgent care facility here in WV

I had heard of tmj but wasn't sure of the symptoms. I will have to keep a watch on this as well I guess.

Pain isn't the only symptom. Popping at the joint and "noise" from there can also be heard. My orthodontist said I grind and clench my teeth so bad that I've worn the enamel flat on some of my back teeth. Hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried to cleanse your sinuses using a neti pot? I hope you feel better. a what?! at first half asleep glance i swear that said knititng point!

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried to cleanse your sinuses using a neti pot? I hope you feel better. neti pots never seem to help me in the past. Thanks for reminding me though. I might try agian.
update on my sinus infection. I started the zpak last night, then took another dose this morning. I felt some better for awhile, but this evening really dizzy and my nose and ear hurt. Is this normal? How long till the meds really kick in. I was going to take aleve sinus like suggested, but was told to only take the regular aleve, so I am confused again.

Did the Dr. give you anything besides the Zpack? If so, then there might be a decongestant in it already. The dizziness can be from the build up of pressure in your ears. A decongestant usually takes care of that for me.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did the Dr. give you anything besides the Zpack? If so, then there might be a decongestant in it already. The dizziness can be from the build up of pressure in your ears. A decongestant usually takes care of that for me. The zpak is the only thing he gave me. I gon't really feel congested as far as stuffy nose or anything, I just feel heavy under my eye, and around my nose and head. My ear is hurting some now also.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif im the sinus problem queen and that sounds like sinus to me.alleve sinus is AWESOME to relieve the pain along with the zithromax. feel better! Hello again, I finally took the aleve sinuse non drowsy formula,and I feel horrible. I feel jittery but sleepy, if that makes sense. I took my last dose of zpak this morning, but as far as feeling better, not really. I don't feel quite as dizzy(till I took the aleve lol) as I did, but the pressure and ear fullness is still there. I dont know what to do. I feel so bad still.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got back from Healthplus and they told me I am having sinus problems. However my symptoms doesn't seem like sinus to me. I have dizziness, fullness in ear, sore neck at base of skull, and sore right under my ear(glands) I feel lots of pressure around my nose and forehead and I am really tired/sleepy feeling. To me this sounds more like ear infection. Also I don't have any kind of congestion/nasal drip or anything. Is that possible with having a sinus infection. My neck is so sore/stiff and tired. Oh and I have some nausea also at times. He prescribed zithromax. I hope it helps.
update on my ear problems. I ended up taking avelox, and I took for 3 days, on the fourth day I took it and didnt eat very well before I took it, and ended up with nausea, heart racing, dry mouth, felt like vomiting. So i go to the ER and she said fluid behind the ear, in the eustachin tubes. She told me to finish the avelox and get nasonex steroid nose spray for the fluid/tubes. Has anyone ever used this and did it help. It has been 2 weeks with this and I am getting scared. I guess the reason I got sick from the antibiotic, I should have eaten something better than what I had. Thanks

gee that doesn't sound good. I don't have any suggestions or experience with what you're talking about but hang in there kiddo, I hope you get better soon!

Latest posts

Back