* Skin Care Remorse *

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mom always tells me she regrets not wearing sun screen when she was young, that's why i have resulted to wearing it everyday since i was 14
smile.gif

what about everyone else?

is there anything u wish u had incorporated into ur skin care regiment when u were younger?

i regret squeezing my zits when i was going through puberty, resulting in scars NOW.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by sugersoul i regret squeezing my zits when i was going through puberty, resulting in scars NOW.
mad.gif
Me too! Also regret scratching my nose when I had the chicken pox. I have some stoopid scars because of it.

I always regret picking at my acne especially right after the moment it pops
icon_sad.gif
but this has been recently. Regret from my younger years would be...plucking my eyebrows because they had a really nice natural shape to them they haven't been the same since.

Oh my, Where do I begin? I regret sleeping in my makeup, not wearing sunscreen, not wearing moisturizer. Smoking!!! Not drinking enough water. To be honest Ive only really started to look after my skin in later life. and thats because it all suddenly caught up with me.
icon_sad.gif
If only...........

When I was 8 I had a terrible sunburn(not my fault-went to the lake with a neighbor who did not put sunblock on me though she was supposed to).As a result I had a burn that blistered on my face and back. I didn't scar but now at 38 I'm seeing dark spots on my face and I worry about skin cancer. I also wish I had started taking better care of my skin sooner, I was 25 when I began using sunscreen daily regardless of the weather and my activities, etc.

Originally Posted by sugersoul My mom always tells me she regrets not wearing sun screen when she was young, that's why i have resulted to wearing it everyday since i was 14
smile.gif

what about everyone else?

is there anything u wish u had incorporated into ur skin care regiment when u were younger?

i regret squeezing my zits when i was going through puberty, resulting in scars NOW.

mad.gif
I soooo regret not using sunscreen until I was in my mid-late twenties. I also regret big weight fluctuations because of the toll it takes on your body and skin.

I agree with the popping the zit thing. I just can't stand seeing that nasty whitehead on them! YUck! But I do have to confess, I have FINALLY got my skin in really good condition. I feel like I can go without makeup and not look like the cryptkeeper!

I can't believe I wait so long to try eye creams. Even a mediocre eye cream makes a difference on me!

Ok this is not the same as you lot but I regret that ive been stressing out about my appearance since i was 12.

I wished I enjoyed growing up and felt comfortable in my own skin *so to speak*.

icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by kewl Oh my, Where do I begin? I regret sleeping in my makeup, not wearing sunscreen, not wearing moisturizer. Smoking!!! Not drinking enough water. To be honest Ive only really started to look after my skin in later life. and thats because it all suddenly caught up with me.
icon_sad.gif
If only........... I am so with you on all of that!!
frown.gif

Well I'm 15.

I really only have one regret,not using sunscreen,as i child my skin would never burn so i would never put on sunscreen because i thought it was pointless and i hate the feeling of cream on my skin.

I hardly ever get tiny pimples but when i do i always scratch them so i have small scars on my forehead..thank god fringes are in style
icon_wink.gif

Ditto on the sunscreen. I am very fair skinned and burn easily. In my teens and early 20s I used to pour on the Hawaiian Tropic (with ZERO SPF back then) and lay out on the beach, the back yard, the roof, the driveway, etc. I had a friend that did the same and actually used cooking oil. It was the late 70s and early 80s, and we didn't know any better.

I never had any moles on my back, but by the time I turned 27 I had many that seemed to pop up almost overnight. They ranged in size from that of a pencil eraser to a little bit bigger than a dime. I had skin cancer...a "textbook case". My back is scarred from the removal of almost a dozen malignant melanoma moles. The scars range from 1 inch to about 3 inches and are still very visible even though it's been almost 15 years since I've had the last one removed.

I'm famous because of them in a way. Slides of my back are in a few medical journals and are even used at the medical school at my local state university.

The scars actually don't bother me. They're a reminder to me of how lucky I am to be here.

Melanoma can be a killer, and it only takes one bad burn to set it off. Each subsequent burn increases your likelihood of developing it. The effects can take up to 10 years and longer before they appear.

The only safe tan comes out of a bottle.

Hmm.. well I regret popping and picking my pimples. I have major scars
icon_redface.gif

I started smoking smoking when I was 13 and quite at 23, which was last year.Smoke free for one year!
claps.gif

I also regret sleeping in my makeup. Only about two years ago did I start washing my face every night no matter how tired I am.

Lisa

Picking pimples for me too - my pores are larger and I see marks in places.. I also wasn't a big sunscreen user...
icon_neutral.gif

oh, how I wish I knew better about sunscreens
icon_cry.gif
when I was a kid I was burned so many times, i dont think i could count... as a teenager I sunbathed for ages without any protection... or I used to put spf 8 on the beach like once... but as somebody said before - in 80, even 90 we just didn't know any better.

even two years before when I thought I was more educated and I started using sunscreens I still wasnt protecting myself properly. I went to seaside and I was on the beach with spf 15 on my face, which i put only once and I believed I was protected!
eek.gif
and for ages I used creams that we can buy in the US and just recently I found out that the filters in them are not stabile, and that they dont give good uva protection. I wish I knew before about mexyrol and about how much cream we have to put on to get the actual protection and all that.. well, at least I discovered it now when I am 24, not when I am let's say 60...

when i was teenager i was picking my pimples excessively.. I wish I never did that. Now I have many red spots on my face that make me remember of my bad habits.

I used to smoke.. I wish I never listened to my friend that told me to try. I used to have the worst sleeping habbits. I used to party a lot, a lot, a lot... I slept in my makeup many times
mad.gif

I wish I was raised with better awareness of sports, health, good diet. as a kid I used to stuff myself and nobody told me you can be different. My whole family was doing it. they were eating all the time and nobody was encouraging me to do sports. I wish I was taught to be more athletic in my teens. now its hard to change. I still struggle to make my body look and feel better... It would be much easier if I started earlier.

hehe seems like I had pretty rough lifestyle
wink.gif
anyway, I think I look good for such sinful life
wink.gif
icon_twisted.gif
and now of course I try to make my ways more healthy
icon_lol.gif

To get rid of the scar you can try seeing a dermatologist to help you get rid of the scar. They will prescribe you a cream that you wear for a week or so and your skin will begin to peel off itself. At first it may be a little red, itchy and inflammed, but once all dead skin has come off, your skin will look nicer (glowier too) and the scars will look lighter or even completely gone!

Another thing you could try is purchasing whitening products and apply it just to the scarred area, and it could lighten things up!! But I dont think it will be as effective as the prescribed cream.

Originally Posted by Marisol Me too! Also regret scratching my nose when I had the chicken pox. I have some stoopid scars because of it.

I always concern about skincare ever since I was a little; sunblock/sunscreen is my most important rule for skincare.

I regret only one thing in my life; I wish I never ride a bike, so there will be no accident that made the burnt scar on my right leg.
frown.gif
(.

I regret popping zits. It is the worst thing you can do. I also think I could have used sunscreen more than I did. I've had a couple good burns in my life but I always loved the look of a tan. I am alot smarter as an adult though, I am a bottle tanner. I use the stuff all the time. My B/f sometimes says I have a yellowish cast to my skin but I always tell him that it's better than looking old before my time! I have friends who are younger than me who are frequent tanning bed users and they look older than me. I kid you not!

i used dove soap and vaseline on my face until i was about 35. at 36 my skin went haywire. there's so much more info available now than when i was young. i wish i had done more research about skin care options when i was young. i may have avoided acne at 40!
icon_cry.gif

I agree! sunscreen saves a lot of damages

I regret popping zits too..but sometimes you just cant help it, but to POP!!

Latest posts

Back