Skin care routine... How much is too much?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals,how many steps are in your day/night skin are routine? I stood in the bathroom tonight thinking to myself "wholly crap and baby j**** this is a lot!" So here it is: Exfoliate Cleanse Tone Special treatments (spot clearing gel etc) Repair Eye repair Moisture And then I Can move on with my life. Now I will cut out exfoliating once a day. So that is 6 steps twice a day and add one at night! Am I insane?

Mine's quite simple because my life is busy. 

Morning

Exfoliate

Cleanse in the shower

Moisturize

Evening

Oil cleanse to remove make up

Soap to remove oils

moisturize

Do what ever makes you happy.  If you think you are being excessive, then loose a few steps that you think are not necessary.  I don't repair nor use eye creams because its not necessary for me to do so. 

In the morning, mine is prett simple:

cleanse

exfoliate

moisturize 

make up

In the evening, I do more:

cleanse

kiehl's serum

strivectin on my future crows feet

eye serum

eye cream

spot treatments

all over moisturizer

To make life simple there are a lot of products that mix exfoliators, cleansers, and toners into one product.  Are they as affective?  Some are.  Depends on the brand and what works with your skin.

1. I think it's honestly because I work for a cosmetics company and have the importance of skincare drilled in everyday lol. Not that I mind. I guess my bf will just have to deal with my bathroom hogging.

I used to have a super involved skincare routine, but I don't anymore. I actually enjoyed my long routines. Almost therapeutic. My routine is pretty simple now:

Cleanse

Moisturize

At night, I use a Korres makeup wipe if I wore makeup that day or if I'm just too lazy to cleanse and moisturize my face.

In the morning I use:

Gentle cleanser

Toner

Moisturizer 

Acne scarring bleacher

Spot treatment if needed

At night:

Gentle cleanser 

Toner

Acne scarring bleacher

Night treatment

Spot treatment if needed

I guess it just all depends on how much products you think you don't need. I don't think my routine "too much" and neither do I yours! 

Day

I use an exfoliating brush with a gentle cleanser

Repair cream

Eye cream

Moisturizer

Night

Same as day, I just use makeup remover and a night cream.

Twice a week

Malabo miracle mask

Moisturizing mask

Cucumber peel of mask

Exfoliate

Pore strips

Day

Latest posts

Back