Skin Care Tip of the Day - Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2007 (Chocolate)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
YEAH baby!! I'm likin' this tip!! LOL... Seriously though, this is the first I've ever heard of chocolate being GOOD for your skin!!

The Truth About Chocolate and Your Skin

Here's a formula for sensational skin: cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and . . . chocolate?

You heard right. When eaten, flavanol-rich cocoa, the main ingredient in dark chocolate, improves skin's texture, thickness, hydration, and blood flow. It may even boost your skin's defense against the sun by up to 25 percent! How? It packs serious antioxidant power. Just don't overdo it -- chocolate is high in fat and calories, too. And you still need to wear sunscreen every day.

More about this Tip: Chocolate's good for your skin? It's true! Antioxidant compounds in cocoa, called flavanols, improve artery health by boosting blood flow, and that boost may be good for your skin, too.

Researchers discovered this chocolate benefit in a study of women who consumed half a cup of cocoa (containing 329 milligrams of flavanols per serving, the amount in a 3-½ ounce serving of dark chocolate) daily for 12 weeks. At the end of the study, the women experienced less skin dryness, scaling, and roughness compared to the beginning of the study. Also, their skin was thicker, exhibited improved blood flow, and was even more resistant to sun damage. Pretty amazing.

Still, don't toss your sunscreen and indulge in mass quantities of chocolate. Consume the sweet in moderation and apply sunscreen every day when you'll be outdoors for 20 minutes or more.

Source

thx
wink.gif

yes, i heard about that ! the products involving chocolate can become very pricey though.

I didn't eat chocolate of any kind for about 4 months, ate some yesterday, and my face broke out. Chocolate is not for me.

I never believed in link between eating chocolate and suffering from spots (bad skin).

It is important to keep diet healthy, but I can't imagine that one piece of chocolate per day can do such a harm to my skin. My Granny always says to eat EVERYTHING in moderation and she is now 81 (still blond hair, great skin).

Problems with chocolate may be related to sugar content. Some dermatologist claim that increased sugar intake leads to collagen damage in our skin. I wonder if it is truth??

Latest posts

Back