Skin help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay this is driving me crazzzzzzy. I have like lumps on my skin (face) sort of thing and i have no idea what it is or what caused it. I'm not sure if it's acne, infact i don't think it is but i've also noticed that when i wear make up and after i take it off, my skin is blotchy and lumpy. I've tried products by lancome, clinique, estee lauder, and drug store brands and i have no idea what is causing it. it feels so awkward whenever i'm in certain lighting cause i'm sure it shows up quite bad. also my make up does not last either, it slips off within a few hours, i make sure i always wear oil-free..how can i get my make up to stay on? that's 2 questions, hopefully someone can help me out
confused.gif

thanks

Maybe one for the products you are using currently is causing your face to react. Maybe try an elimination process and see if you can find out if a product is causing it. Do you use a good moisturizer under the makeup? If your skin is dehydrated and you put makeup on it you might be causing your skin to overproduce oil which is causing the makeup to slip off.

I moisturize each day prior to applying make up. I use clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel which is oil-free..maybe this isn't helping?? I also use estee lauder's perfectly clean cleanser, their toner, and scrub (1-2 times a week). I know it isn't the estee lauder products because i've only recently been using them, maybe it's the clinique moisturizer? I don't know what to do, i'm thinking of going to see a dermatologist to find out what it is caused by.

Does anybody know a good foundation that stays put all day? I'm currently using EL's individualist make up, and i've tried their doublewear, lancomes teint idole ultra, most of cliniques foundations..and they don't last.

thanks

Sometimes when you think you're helping your skin, you are actually hurting it. Oil free products can actually disrupt the skin's natural moisture balancing abilities, where by it will actually produce MORE oil because the products you are wearing have none. I'm not saying you should go out and find the creamioest oiliest serum you can find, but a good healthy balance can go a long way as far as permanently "training" you skin to behave properly. You should always miosturize before applying makeup so it will stay on your skin properly and so that the moisturizer can provide skin benefits. I am a big fan of Kinerase lotion as a moisturizer and makeup primer. It's not heavy and it's keeps my makeup on throughout the day, plus it's ahs keritin in it that is suppsoed to help control fine lines and wrinkles. Here's a link to it: http://genuine.bz/kinerase</FONT>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=502 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=124>
n_41.jpg

t_dem.gif
</TD><TD width=27>
plus.gif
</TD><TD width=124>
n_185.jpg

t_soin_j.gif
</TD><TD width=27>
plus.gif
</TD><TD width=124>
n_190.jpg

t_soin_n.gif
</TD><TD> </TD><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width=124>Purifying Cleansing Gel

AND

Purifying Toning Lotion </TD><TD width=27> </TD><TD align=middle width=124>Ultra-Matte Day Concentrate </TD><TD width=27> </TD><TD align=middle width=124>Normalizing Night Gel </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly Okay this is driving me crazzzzzzy. I have like lumps on my skin (face) sort of thing and i have no idea what it is or what caused it. I'm not sure if it's acne, infact i don't think it is but i've also noticed that when i wear make up and after i take it off, my skin is blotchy and lumpy. I've tried products by lancome, clinique, estee lauder, and drug store brands and i have no idea what is causing it. it feels so awkward whenever i'm in certain lighting cause i'm sure it shows up quite bad. also my make up does not last either, it slips off within a few hours, i make sure i always wear oil-free..how can i get my make up to stay on? that's 2 questions, hopefully someone can help me out
confused.gif
thanks

Latest posts

Back