Skin issue..HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there all....i'm new here...my name is asmah and i'm from kenya, east africa...i've been lurking around for a few days and i've already learnt so much.

i have a problem with my skin though...it gets itchy then it seems burnt and i've hardly been in the sun and i dont use any products for my skin..its red, rough and feeling very sensitive...i'm even scared to touch it...does anyone have a clue whats the matter and what i can do.

thanks in advance

i dont know if its Rosacea as on monday i used a mask ..it made it feel slightly dry but it was really smooth and liked the results...on tuesday spent half an hour in the sun (wore a sunscreen SPF 30) then at night it started feeling itchy..i washed my face and rubbed with my towel (i know...but my face was really itchy)..its been itchy and pink since then...now the itchyness is fading away and now it looks burnt

so is that rosacea?

I think consulting a derm would be best-it sounds more like you had a reaction to something you used. Good luck.

Originally Posted by poetryofacherry hi there all....i'm new here...my name is asmah and i'm from kenya, east africa...i've been lurking around for a few days and i've already learnt so much.i have a problem with my skin though...it gets itchy then it seems burnt and i've hardly been in the sun and i dont use any products for my skin..its red, rough and feeling very sensitive...i'm even scared to touch it...does anyone have a clue whats the matter and what i can do.

thanks in advance

Welcome Asmah! I'm Janelle from Ny - I'm really not too sure on what to reccomend to you (maybe Cetaphil?), but I just wanted to welcome you anyway!
wink.gif

hello asmah and welcome to mut. a dermatologist would be the best place to start, but in the mean time stop scrubing with the face cloth and maybe get some calymine lotion to control the itching short term.

Welcome to MuT! I can't offer any real advice on the issue, but make sure to take care of your beautiful skin!!

hi there all....wow didnt expect so many replies...thank u for the nice welcome...the good news about my skin is that its behaving now (that is its not itchy or red anymore) but the bad news is that some bits are peeling(i'm seeing this as a good thing: the bad skin coming off to reveal the beautiful skin underneath...hehe)...well i've stopped scrubbing and will be going to see the dermatologist...but right now i'm going on natural products (dried herbs) as i think its helping my skin to behave.

thanx again for the welcome

Latest posts

Back