Skin tone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have any tips on how to determine your skin tone (warm or cool) and as a result, what hair colours will compliment?

-CB

Hmm, this is a toughie. Some people are actually a mixture of both. When I'm flushed, I am very warm-toned. When I'm not flushed I'm very golden toned. So I never really know what tone I am. I would not be the best person to ask when trying to asses skin undertones.

One way to determine what might compliment you, is to go to a wig shop and try on different colors. You might get a sense of what your preference is when pairing it with your own skin.

one way you can tell is look at your veins(like on the inside of your wrist or hand), if they're blue you're cool if they're more greenish warm. also you can go by whether you look better in silver(as in a necklace or something) or gold. silver =cool gold=warm. both =neutral. there are also other ways of determining your tone if these don't work. remember you can also be hispanic, asian etc. and be cool toned.

i'll see if i can find a site that gives more info, i think someone has posted one before.

thanks for both of your replies!

I looked at my veins and I'm thinking they're blue
tongue.gif
. Although I'm oriental, I don't have black hair so I think I'm going to try going darker tomorrow to see if it looks better on me because I don't think light brown compliments me too well :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm, this is a toughie. Some people are actually a mixture of both. When I'm flushed, I am very warm-toned. When I'm not flushed I'm very golden toned. So I never really know what tone I am. I would not be the best person to ask when trying to asses skin undertones.
One way to determine what might compliment you, is to go to a wig shop and try on different colors. You might get a sense of what your preference is when pairing it with your own skin.

Yep. That's what I did. I tried on wigs and found out I look great with blond hair.

good luck, sorry i kept trying to post what i wanted to show you but it keeps messing up.

Back