Skinny Jeans. Who Should Wear Em.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi ya'll..... you....see...how come...i see everyone is soooo beautiful wearing skinny jeans....but when i wear it it makes me look shorter...and more tiny.

im a petite size.(asian)

height: 154

Weight: 40KG

Plus that i cant wear.....high heels. because of my back problem. wedges i can though. maybe i should take a picture...and post it here.

well I actually think that petite frames look better in skinny jeans than larger people... I'll be honest, they make me look fat, but I do like them! and they're surprisingly comfortable!

I'd like to see a photo, actually! you should post one
biggrin.gif

I think they can work for anyone. I wear them all the time. It's all about the fit and the wash that works better for you. I would suggest you go shopping and just try a bunch of them on from different brands.

i have problems wearing heels. and wait.....im petite. but when i wear skinny...it makes me look like a rotten plum. it emphasize more on my thighs. its like...its makes me un proportionate.

I hate skinny jeans. lol skinny jeans are definitely not for everyone or anyone for that matter...if you have any sort of curves they tend to emphasize those curves even more. If you are super skinny, sure they look good on you, but then you look like you have two twig legs. My opinion is spend your money on pair of jeans that are straight leg/slighty boot cut..they will never go out of style and you can wear them with anything.

Wear shoes with a pointier toe. Flats can still be good. It makes your legs look longer. Also I've found that if the length goes just beyond your ankle they won't make you look shorter. Extra fabric at the bottom will just make you look shorter. Or you can try a different pair of skinnies that are less narrow at the bottom.

I think skinny jeans can work for everyone. You just need to find a pair that is the right color, cut, and size for you!
smile.gif
Good luck!

I hate skinny jeans, I think they were made for skinny legs, lol

I'll stick to straight cut jeans
smile.gif

Short girls shouldnt wear flats with skinny jeans IMO so if you wore heels (or wedge in your case) I think you would look tall enough. Pics please.

I think flats are fine with skinnies.

But why is it so bad to be short or fat? Besides the fact that big girls Can have medical problems and short girls cant get on all the rides because their shorter than that little bar the guy holds up lol.

Wedges can work with skinnies also though, so those would be fine, there are some really nice wedges that you could pass for heels.

You'll be fine babe.

you know....what. all of you in MUT talk....are really supportive,caring....and helpful. thanx alot.....really.

hey waterliliy!Have u checked out MNG's? I just grabbed 2 pairs of skinny jeans last week at a very reasonable price (each is rm 95/USD28).I've never owned skinny jeans, but yes its kinda in now here, so just stock up.And probably i can wear this during the winter with boots?I dunno lolz!

IMO, I think that skinny jeans is best with heels,pointed heels or peep toed heels and boots.

I agree with Bellegia. Although I really don't care what one wears if they love it. Visually, skinny jeans are meant for folks who have thin legs. You don't necessarily have to be skinny yourself in order to look well in them because some are heavier on top with lean legs.

My friend is thin and has somewhat curves, I don't think her skinny jeans are flattering at all. Her thighs are thicker then her calf area which makes her look heavier when she isn't at all. Boot cut is perhaps a more universly flattering cut on all shapes...

As for height, that's actually no problem and I never seen a short girl look stumpy in them at all. They look really cute in them. Flats look best with a casual look besides heels. Or just pulling a boot over the pants.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think skinny jeans can work for everyone. You just need to find a pair that is the right color, cut, and size for you!
smile.gif
Good luck!
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Bellegia. Although I really don't care what one wears if they love it. Visually, skinny jeans are meant for folks who have thin legs. You don't necessarily have to be skinny yourself in order to look well in them because some are heavier on top with lean legs.
My friend is thin and has somewhat curves, I don't think her skinny jeans are flattering at all. Her thighs are thicker then her calf area which makes her look heavier when she isn't at all. Boot cut is perhaps a more universly flattering cut on all shapes...

As for height, that's actually no problem and I never seen a short girl look stumpy in them at all. They look really cute in them. Flats look best with a casual look besides heels. Or just pulling a boot over the pants.

ITA.
Im only 4ft 11 & 98lbs and always wearing heels (at least 3.5/4 inches) so havent worn flats with mine, personally i dont mind skinny jeans on me but i dont think they look the best out of all the style of jeans i wear, esp the darker colour ones as they tend to make my legs a bit twiggy looking haha IMO

Latest posts

Back