Slight restructuring?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would it benefit you if we had subforums for each individual product? For example, instead of the MakeupTalk Forum being for everything, having separate subforums for eyeshadow, mascara, blush, luminizers/highlighters, eyeliners, lippies, brushes, primers, etc. It might make it easier to find information, and it'll give the forum an overall more "polished" look. So, what do YOU think? Yay, nay, or I dunno...

I said leave it as is. Things could get confusing for multiple-use products or products that don't really fit into one category or another...

I'm torn on this! If there are too many subsections, I think people may not see as many threads because you have to click through all the subsections. When I click on the Makeup section, I can see what is new and what I can possibly answer, but if they were all broken into different subsections, I might not go through all the sections unless I have time.

But it would be better organized.

But what about things that don't fall in one particular section, such as upcoming MAC collections or "what makeup does this celebrity use?" ? Would this still go into the regular Makeup section?

Is it something you could try a period and go back to the old way if people do not like it?

I'm not knowing how much work would be involved to do it.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I said leave it as is. Things could get confusing for multiple-use products or products that don't really fit into one category or another... I agree.

I'm also torn. It could end up being confusing, but some BIG, obvious sub forums might be helpful. Like, mascara and shadow or something.

if we get too indepth, like differentiating liquid liner from gel or pencil, then it would be confusing and cluttered

It would be easier to browse if some one were looking for a particular item but for those that just want to read the most recent stuff--it wouldn't work.

Is there a way to do the subcategories and have a button for 'new posts' just for the make-up section rather than bringing up posts from other forums? So we can have best of both worlds?
biggrin.gif

If not I say keep it the same way and people can utilize the reviews instead, for a particular item??

I voted for a change, only because I love change
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm also torn. It could end up being confusing, but some BIG, obvious sub forums might be helpful. Like, mascara and shadow or something.
if we get too indepth, like differentiating liquid liner from gel or pencil, then it would be confusing and cluttered

I agree, a general forum for x-item would be fine with out being indepth.. otherwise it could be too confusing.

I kind of like the idea because when I'm searching for something it would make it a lot easier, but I wouldn't be upset if it stayed the way it is. Sorry, I was of no help..lol.

im not too sure.

i mean it'd be easier to search for stuff, but more complicated to post things in like 80 million sections.

No, thats too much going on. Will seperate forums for different brands be better?

I just dont think subforums for different products is a good idea.

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif I say it's good as is, I don't have any problems Ditto

Please leave it the way it is, or it'll get to be kind of a mess. I like clicking on Makeup Talk and having a variety of things to read/talk about all in one area. Like if I was going to look up something about eyeshadows and i notice an interesting topic about mascara, I click on it without "ignoring" the mascara thread as I would if I had just went to the eyeshadow thread.

Latest posts

Back