Small DS brand haul

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
I just went to Wal-Mart and got...

Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara (got this because 1. a lot of the ladies here recommend it and 2. the Shiseido I have (and like!) is hard to remove
and for some reason I bought my L'Oreal Voluminous in waterproof
...picked up the wrong one)

Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow palette in Blushed Wines...VERY pretty colors and the palette is so sleek and attractive! I'll buy them all if I end up liking them.

Neutrogena MoistureShine Tinted Lip Balm in Fresh w/ GWP Passion Fruit Boosting Balm (only bought this since it was a bonus package)

Then I went to CVS to have a look at the Milani eyeshadows that many people here rave about but they had very few left and the only one I liked (silver) looked like it had been opened


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
nice! let me know how 2000 calorie works. i tried it last summer when i was at my cousin's house, but i think hers was very dry and old because it SUCKED.

let me know how those eyeshadows work out, too! i LOVE the discontinued wet/dry ones.

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
I've used Max 2000 for a long while, I loved it - Im now using the Estee Lauder Magnascopic which is wonderful too... - I also just purchased the Revlon Colorstay in the Sterling Rose collection Quad....These shadows really hold up to the name "colorstay" - I also have their brown shade quads...love that one too...See you don't have to spend hundreds to get the results of dollars !!!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I just went to Wal-Mart and got...
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara (got this because 1. a lot of the ladies here recommend it and 2. the Shiseido I have (and like!) is hard to remove
and for some reason I bought my L'Oreal Voluminous in waterproof
...picked up the wrong one)

Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow palette in Blushed Wines...VERY pretty colors and the palette is so sleek and attractive! I'll buy them all if I end up liking them.

Neutrogena MoistureShine Tinted Lip Balm in Fresh w/ GWP Passion Fruit Boosting Balm (only bought this since it was a bonus package)

Then I went to CVS to have a look at the Milani eyeshadows that many people here rave about but they had very few left and the only one I liked (silver) looked like it had been opened


 
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
10,353
Reaction score
1
I am in LOVE with Milani!! Their shadows have some pretty great pigment to them, and I have used them wet and dry and they work well either way (although I think I like them better wet).

Try some and let me know what you think about them...

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
The stores by me never have many Milani's to choose from... and the ones they do have are pretty LOUD colors that I don't think I'd use much...


 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Me either.. then again - everytime I see what colors they have, only the "crappy" colors are left... - Probably all the good ones are taken ! Hmmmm

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The stores by me never have many Milani's to choose from... and the ones they do have are pretty LOUD colors that I don't think I'd use much...
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer nice! let me know how 2000 calorie works. i tried it last summer when i was at my cousin's house, but i think hers was very dry and old because it SUCKED.
let me know how those eyeshadows work out, too! i LOVE the discontinued wet/dry ones.

I'm liking the 2000 Calorie as much, if not slightly more than Voluminous. I like the wand (tapered tip) and tube better.
Haven't tried the shadows just yet but will def let you know how they perform.

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by K*O* I've used Max 2000 for a long while, I loved it - Im now using the Estee Lauder Magnascopic which is wonderful too... - I also just purchased the Revlon Colorstay in the Sterling Rose collection Quad....These shadows really hold up to the name "colorstay" - I also have their brown shade quads...love that one too...See you don't have to spend hundreds to get the results of dollars !!! I totally needed to cut down on the dept. store makeup purchases. I really went nuts there for a while. If makeup was my profession, that would be one thing. But I need to stop feeling like I HAVE to have all that stuff.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by MACGoddess I am in LOVE with Milani!! Their shadows have some pretty great pigment to them, and I have used them wet and dry and they work well either way (although I think I like them better wet).
Try some and let me know what you think about them...

I'll have to try calling CVS before I make a special trip to find out if they're stocked up or not.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Liz i got the 2000 calorie today also!! I'm impressed with it! I may never buy a dept. store mascara again, knowing that Voluminous and 2000 Calorie are out there.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The stores by me never have many Milani's to choose from... and the ones they do have are pretty LOUD colors that I don't think I'd use much...
Originally Posted by K*O* Me either.. then again - everytime I see what colors they have, only the "crappy" colors are left... - Probably all the good ones are taken ! Hmmmm There were mostly neutrals left, and the opened silver one that I liked, and a really dramatic bright royal blue that I would NEVER be able to pull off, and I'm not sure who could! (except maybe Trisha, who pulls EVERYTHING off!
)

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by spazbaby I'm impressed with it! I may never buy a dept. store mascara again, knowing that Voluminous and 2000 Calorie are out there. I know what you mean. I have them both (although i can´t say which one I like more, cuz the 2000 calorie one is about to be used up) I think it was also less likely to clump compared to Voluminous.
but still..I am wondering if there is a miracle mascara out there that will make my lashes 10times thicker.

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Arielle I know what you mean. I have them both (although i can´t say which one I like more, cuz the 2000 calorie one is about to be used up) I think it was also less likely to clump compared to Voluminous.
but still..I am wondering if there is a miracle mascara out there that will make my lashes 10times thicker.

If there is, I'm not wasting hundreds of dollars to find it! I've spent too much on so-so dept. store mascaras already.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i bought 2000 calorie in burgendy (THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR NOT CHECKING THE COLOR AND JUST GRABBING THINGS) and i don't think it's all that. i love covergirl's super thick lash way more. the burgandy actually makes my eyes look more grey, as my sis said. i didn't even mention i had a colored mascara on and she mentioned my eyes look different.

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer i bought 2000 calorie in burgendy (THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR NOT CHECKING THE COLOR AND JUST GRABBING THINGS) and i don't think it's all that. i love covergirl's super thick lash way more. the burgandy actually makes my eyes look more grey, as my sis said. i didn't even mention i had a colored mascara on and she mentioned my eyes look different. I've heard good things about the CG super thick. CG products never work for me so I just don't buy it except for the wetslicks.
 

Latest posts

Top