Small MAC haul and a great MAC experience

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the MAC counter to check out prep and prime lip and of course since I'd swapped away 2 pro pans, had to check out eyeshadows since I can't have empty spots in my palettes---that would be a crime!

Anyway, my favorite MA Dawn was there. I love her. We chatted about our lives, she told what of the new stuff was worth getting. So nice so helpful. So at the end of my transaction I asked if it would be too much trouble to get a pigment sample (my first pigment). She laughed at me, grabbed a sample container and FILLED it with rose pigment (like at least 1 tsp). She then made me take another filled one with tan which she thinks will be really pretty on me. I love her.

My haul:

deep truth e/s pro pan

honesty e/s pro pan (I thought I had honesty, but I actually had retrospeck so I thought honesty deserved a try still)

prep and prime lip

2 incredibly generous samples of rose and tan pigments

Free face samples (white tea line for eyes, moisture) from Origins

Whoo Hooo!

great haul!! i'm glad you had such a great experience. i never have any trouble when i go to a Mac counter, everyone is always so helpful, but i know i am the minority and definitely not the majority. i also had a coupon for a free sample of the origins white tea for eyes, the moisturizer and something else for the face. the facial moisturizers feel sooo good and they make my skin soft, take away the dry patches and are not too oily. i didn't know what everyone else thought, but what do you think about the origins you received?

Originally Posted by CWHF I went to the MAC counter to check out prep and prime lip and of course since I'd swapped away 2 pro pans, had to check out eyeshadows since I can't have empty spots in my palettes---that would be a crime!
Anyway, my favorite MA Dawn was there. I love her. We chatted about our lives, she told what of the new stuff was worth getting. So nice so helpful. So at the end of my transaction I asked if it would be too much trouble to get a pigment sample (my first pigment). She laughed at me, grabbed a sample container and FILLED it with rose pigment (like at least 1 tsp). She then made me take another filled one with tan which she thinks will be really pretty on me. I love her.

My haul:

deep truth e/s pro pan

honesty e/s pro pan (I thought I had honesty, but I actually had retrospeck so I thought honesty deserved a try still)

prep and prime lip

2 incredibly generous samples of rose and tan pigments

Free face samples (white tea line for eyes, moisture) from Origins

Whoo Hooo!

Glad you had such a great experience, Ericka!!
biggrin.gif
Like Devin said, a lot of people don't seem to have good experiences at the MAC counter, but I haven't had a bad one yet (which may be part of why I love MAC so much!!). Nice haul, too!!
smile.gif
I love Honesty e/s and Tan Pigment, and Deep Truth e/s and Rose Pigment are on my wishlist. Have fun playing with your new goodies!!

Ooh! I really hope that you like the prep and prime lip! I love it. It is so moisturizing and keeps my lipglass and lustreglass on so much longer!

nice haul! i'm lemming that prep and prime lip now after hearing raves from regina and marisol. let us know how you like it!

Originally Posted by devinjhans great haul!! i'm glad you had such a great experience. i never have any trouble when i go to a Mac counter, everyone is always so helpful, but i know i am the minority and definitely not the majority. i also had a coupon for a free sample of the origins white tea for eyes, the moisturizer and something else for the face. the facial moisturizers feel sooo good and they make my skin soft, take away the dry patches and are not too oily. i didn't know what everyone else thought, but what do you think about the origins you received? So far I like the samples. They could not have timed this promotion better because I have 7 days of eye cream left so I can give them a good trial and if I like it, I'll get the full size. The white tea serum reminds me of Estee Lauder idealist---gives my skin that same great soft feel.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe Ooh! I really hope that you like the prep and prime lip! I love it. It is so moisturizing and keeps my lipglass and lustreglass on so much longer! I love prep and prime lip. Great scent (mmmm, vanilla) and it really helps gloss last. My lipglass this morning held up well through 3 cookies (oops) and drinking lots of water. It still looked great prior to lunch (4.5 hours after application) which is pretty good for a gloss.

wow that´s cool that you got such generous samples...I´ve never really asked for pigment samples, but I will definitely ask next time cause the MAC girls at my counters are all really sweet.

have you used the rose pigment already? I have the full size and I don´t really know what to do with it honestly, I don´t think I´ve ever worn it since I got it

Originally Posted by Arielle wow that´s cool that you got such generous samples...I´ve never really asked for pigment samples, but I will definitely ask next time cause the MAC girls at my counters are all really sweet.
have you used the rose pigment already? I have the full size and I don´t really know what to do with it honestly, I don´t think I´ve ever worn it since I got it

I paired it with tan pigment on inner 2/3 of lid, rose on the outer third, highlighted with honesty and sweet sage fluidliner to line. Used bamboom paint as a base. It was really pretty. Wish I had a pic, but I don't.

Latest posts

Back