Small suggestion for you when start new threads (Please Read)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Capitalize the first letter of the thread title... If you've noticed, generally the first letter being capitalized will grab your attention more so than when it's not. Normally the Mods do go through and catch these and fix them, but we don't always see them in time. I say this for a few reasons:

(1) As I said, your thread might get noticed a lot sooner (someone's thread went unnoticed - it seems - for two days now without any responses)
frown.gif

(2) It cuts down on some of the minor work Mods do

So, if you can remember, please try to capitalize the first letter of your thread title when posting a new thread. It's an added benefit to everyone
smile.gif

I've noticed too that it catches my attention more if i see threads that are usually started with a capital letter at the beginning, i dont know why lol

I guess it just makes it look nicer, i have also seen threads that go unnoticed and never get an answer, and it kinda makes me feel bad :/

Sometimes though, when i capitalize all the letters when i reply, it capitalizes only the first one and the rest just appear normal size i don't know if i explained myself good enough lol.

But that is a good suggestion
smile.gif

Oh and one more thing, i hope that ppl read it and this thread doesnt get bumped down and forgotten o_O

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've noticed too that it catches my attention more if i see threads that are usually started with a capital letter at the beginning, i dont know why lolI guess it just makes it look nicer, i have also seen threads that go unnoticed and never get an answer, and it kinda makes me feel bad :/

Sometimes though, when i capitalize all the letters when i reply, it capitalizes only the first one and the rest just appear normal size i don't know if i explained myself good enough lol.

But that is a good suggestion
smile.gif

I've assumed not being able to capitalize all of the letters in threads is because of Forum Netiquette and it seeming like you're yelling, but I've never asked why. But you're right, the capitalized first letter does make it look neater.

It looks sloppy not capitalized thats is probably part of the reason

Thanks Aquilah. I will have to remember that. I am really bad at capitalizing since at work the computer does it all for me.

Thnx for briniging that up Aquilah cuz I'm sorta obsessed with the fact that some ppl don't capitalize first letters!! Lol|!!

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Bump!cause i think a LOT of people STILL need to read this!

Thank you! So many threads get lost when it's not capitalized!

Another thing I notice draws me to a thread is if the thread title summarizes what is being talked about in the thread. For example "Help" vs "What color will make my eyes pop?". If I read the title and think that I actually have something I can talk about on the subject I'm more likely to click on it.

Latest posts

Back