Smashbox At Cosmetic Company Outlet?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When did this happen? I went there today and they had some of the Sephora sets for this past holiday.  I'm not a super huge fan of Smashbox although I do like their lipglosses and I have one nice set of eyeshadows from them.

Smashbox is owned by Estee Lauder. The CCO consists of all Estee Lauder owned brands i.e.; Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Origins, etc. It all depends on when they get the stock to ship out to their outlet stores. The CCO by me just opened last fall, and they've always had a bit of Smashbox there.

*Sigh, it was nice when I dated a guy who's dad worked for Estee Lauder.

Yes, they're owned by EL.  Their LE sets are not the same quality.  I'm meh on most of their products, but I do like the new 15 hr foundation ... been wearing it all week.

Originally Posted by xlinds15x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Smashbox is owned by Estee Lauder. The CCO consists of all Estee Lauder owned brands i.e.; Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Origins, etc. It all depends on when they get the stock to ship out to their outlet stores. The CCO by me just opened last fall, and they've always had a bit of Smashbox there.

*Sigh, it was nice when I dated a guy who's dad worked for Estee Lauder.
M•A•C also is owned by Estee Lauder.

Personally I've been highly skeptical of the Cosmetic Company Outlet simply because I don't know much about them. When I Googled the name the site that comes up is Cosmetics Company Store which is owned by Estee Lauder but are the same company? You have to be really careful now a days because there are other clearance sites out there that use similar names but aren't owned by Estee Lauder.

I was completely unaware Smashbox was owned by Estee Lauder. I've been going to my CCO for nearly 3 years now & everything is authentic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. However, this is the very first time mine has carried Smashbox; surprised the heck out of me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally I've been highly skeptical of the Cosmetic Company Outlet simply because I don't know much about them. When I Googled the name the site that comes up is Cosmetics Company Store which is owned by Estee Lauder but are the same company? You have to be really careful now a days because there are other clearance sites out there that use similar names but aren't owned by Estee Lauder.
CCO's are totally legit.  However, you must go to an outlet mall to make a purchase.  There is only one website that sells CCO but its for Estee Lauder employees only.  Yes, CCO and CCS are the same thing.  

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm very wary of companies that don't have the exact same name since we all know it's possibly for scam artists to use similar names to dupe people.

I havent seen any Smashbox by my CCO but i guess its a new addition? I normally go straight to the MAC and Bobbi Brown area. lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep they're the same store, I've come accustomed to calling it a CCO due to YouTube and forums, but in Tanger Oulets it is called "The Cosmetics Company Store". The stuff in the store IS authentic and they're all the stuff sent back to Estee Lauder. But its confirmed that they do own the outlet store. Just like Off Saks, is the sent back stuff to Saks 5th Ave. =) SHOP AWAY! I got my favorite MAC bronzer "Refined Golden" from the CCO/CCS for like $17 ONLY because it was in the Surf Baby packaging (yet its a permanent bronzing powder). 

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had no clue what a CCO was, so I looked it up and it looks like one is not too far from me. I'm going today. Thanks!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Totally jealous!!!!!! I used to have one by me when I lived in Chicago but since moving to Phoenix, the closest one is in Cabazon CA 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally jealous!!!!!! I used to have one by me when I lived in Chicago but since moving to Phoenix, the closest one is in Cabazon CA 
frown.gif

They had so much stuff I wanted to buy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I went yesterday and my mom got super jealous and made me go with her today.

I did notice some of the products they have as testers are super old or just crappy quality. I couldn't get any of the blush/eyeshadow/highlighter off quite a few samples (was only on the MAC items) I assume it is not meant to be like that though I have no clue since I haven't used MAC before. They felt rock hard and no pigment came off even if you were kind of rubbing hard to swatch.

I bought a set that I fell in love with and nothing is wrong with that. Also bought a eye shadow palette (Wonder Woman) that was super pretty.

Oh and there was a little thing of Smashbox at the one I went to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow...we actually have one here I have no idea why I haven't noticed it before. I'd be sure to check it out next time I visit the outlets. Which isn't very often.  

I just found where the one here in Austin is too. This is so not going to be good. LOL

Latest posts

Back