Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 (yup another BB cream)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

What it is:
A five-in-one set secret for achieving flawless skin on camera and beyond.

What it does:
This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas. Especially when worn under foundation, it enhances the wear of makeup for up to eight hours. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

What else you need to know:
Smashbox first heard about Asia's hottest beauty craze in the photo studios from makeup artists, who had just been on location, and found it was the best tool to perfect skin on set without all the typical layers of product such as moisturizer, primer, concealer, and foundation which can irritate sensitive skin. This unique formula creates "progressive" coverage, which means you can achieve different levels of coverage depending on how you wear it. Appropriate for all skin types, this product is free of fragrance, dermatologist tested, and non-acnegenic.

Size: 1 oz

Price $39

Fair:
Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Peg-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract (Extrait D'Orge), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Trehalose, Oryzanol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Urea, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Glycerin, Sodium Stearoyl Lacylate, Caffeine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Squalane, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)] .

Light:
Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Peg-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract (Extrait D'Orge), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Trehalose, Oryzanol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Urea, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Glycerin, Sodium Stearoyl Lacylate, Caffeine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Squalane, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)] .

Medium:

Dark:

I saw this recently. Maybe if I didnt already have a makeup routine that include both a mattifyer and the garnier BB cream, I would buy this. once I'm out of both though I might try this one.

Personally I'd skip this one. It's an overpriced primer. It's not much different than their current primers. I'm still using the Gariner BB cream ($12.99 each) and still am not happy with it. I think I'll be sticking with Skin79 or Dr. Jart (both Korean brands) since all the "Western" brands so far are overpriced (typically between $30 to $50) for about 1 oz of product. I can order a Skin79 product for $28 and get almost twice the product.

In fact I've decided to place an order with Skin 79 and get VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm (which I've used) and the Super Plus Triple Functions BB Vital Cream (which is new and I've never used).

too expensive for just one ounce :/. I agree, the korean brands have better formulas, more product, and a better price tag.

I tried this one, Boscia's and Too Faced. I thought Too Faced had the best by far. Texture and coverage reminded me of a few of the Korean brands I have tried.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ahh BB creams are everywhere now.....must....resist....

laughing.gif
 I feel the same way... I may have to cave in and pick one up!

I think right now sephora is running some free deluxe sample for this. I have two small deluxe samples from dr jart but I have yet to try them out. I have way too many dark blemishes to use solely a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

I went into my local Sephora inside JCPenney and boy do they look like a full size Sephora now. Manager told me it's because they now have competition coming (we're getting a full size Ulta by June).  The new Smashbox BB was in stock as is the new Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20 ($32). I don't care for the Smashbox BB - the medium was too dark and the light was way too light. Wish I could have taken photos of it but I DID get a couple of samples (not the same as the deluxe size on Sephora.com). I'll definitely be passing on the Smashbox BB cream.

HOWEVER while I was there as I mentioned they have the Too Faced BB cream and I LOVE it. It's not like my Skin79 BB cream but when I tested it on the back of my hand it made the fine lines on my hand disappear, the color was perfect and I absolutely loved how my hand felt. I got a sample of that as well to test on my face. Unfortunately I had my cranky daughter with me (she was complaining about being hungry) so I didn't have a lot of time to play with everything new they had. I did see the new Stila palettes (In The Moment and In The Garden, they were sold out of In The Light), the new Too Faced products (all seriously gorgeous) and Benefit's Hervana (I'm seriously going to have to get that). Plus LOTS of new lip glosses by Tarte (hate the push button on it but LOVE the mint smell and the taste as well as the colors). If it weren't for the fact that I'm probably heading to California at the end of the month I would have dropped some serious money tonight because there was just sooooo much stuff that I loved.

At any rate, I'll try the Smashbox BB on my face but I was already disappointed by it when I tested it on my hand. Too dark or too light for me.

does the Too Faced come in any tone besides Asian? LOL I'm finding that the Garnier one makes my face way too oily. Like there is a difference between dewy and right down oily! But I like the concept of the BB cream as I dont really have much to cover; I just want to even out and brighten.

Isabel, I plan on doing a post for the Too Faced ones but to answer your question, yes they do. The Beach Glow is their darkest one and it's VERY dark. I'm going to go back to Sephora tomorrow and see if I can get the manager to give me a sample of each color so I can swatch them. For me to gush over a product, and you guys know it's rare that I GUSH over anything, means I think it's a great product. I only tested on the back of my hand but I have "old lady hands" but it to made the fine lines in my hands disappear and my hands to look youthful and glowing. I'm seriously going to have to place an order for it online or go back to buy a tube of it.

Yea I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with Too Faced's Beauty Balm. It even works beautifully as a primer, or set with powder. It's definitely my fave! So happy I bought it. It's not as thick feeling as the Smashbox either.

Latest posts

Back