Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by roselyn112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POWDER!!!! I reviewed it on my site recently. Its so amazing that I didnt even need concealer! If you're interested the review is here: Smashbox HALO Review - Holy Grail Alert! Wow... great review! I think I want to buy this now... I have giftcards to Sephora too!

Long time no post....lol...hi ladies. I had to come back for a visit to tell you about my experience with Halo. I was put off by the very expensive price for a face powder. I only decided to purchase it when I recieved a gift card. WOW!!! I love it. It makes my skin look dewy without looking oily. I have very oily skin but this powder is wonderful on my skin. Gift card or not...I will by this again!!

Originally Posted by roselyn112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POWDER!!!! I reviewed it on my site recently. Its so amazing that I didnt even need concealer! If you're interested the review is here: Smashbox HALO Review - Holy Grail Alert! Unfortunatelly, I couldn`t get to this review--it says "the page is not found"

I would really needed some encouragement for getting this powder--I`ve ordered mine yesterday for 57$ on ebay plus the shipping. Before, I was using Korff`s hydrating powder with retinol (which was not bad, I think) but, I guess, we always expect to some miracles when it comes to the advertized products..well, let`s see, really hope I won`t regret spending so much bucks on this one instead of getting myself some skin care products for dehydrated skin as I was planning to.

Just please, tell me , does it really give that "glowing" effect on the skin?If so, do you have to reapply it during the day? And how do you prefer to use it--with or without the foundation?

Thanks for advance
yaya.gif

I have it and LOVE it! I use it sparingly though because its so expensive. As for mineral foundations go, this one I like more then the others for sure. But I'm not sure its worth the price. Maybe a good ebay find but not $60 something bucks.

I forgot I have this.. I have to dig it out, because it was great. I think it got put in the drawer because I got a few foundations... and powders as well.

I have wanted this since the day I got the Smashbox email introducing it. I just can't justify that cost though.
frown.gif

I was tempted on getting that set that comes with the travel size. I think once im off my low/no buy ill buy it if its still around.

I absolutely love it! I bought it back from QVC before it was available through any other retailer, so I also got the additional red-handled brush as well. It has seemed to last forever, though I don't use it every day (went make-up free for several months--home bound after surgery equals no one to impress!).

I have seen that Smashbox has come out with a HALO eyeshadow but unfortunately there are issues with the shaver/packaging on it. I haven't bought it for that reason, but the HALO packaging doesn't have this issue.

If you cannot justify the cost for the full sized one, they have come out with a Halo-to-go version, smashbox Halo To Go Hydrating Perfecting Powder& Buki Brush - QVC.com , for about $40 but only available through QVC. Don't forget 4% cashback through eBates or Bing!

Hi ladies, I have it in Light. For $72 bucks, it made me cringe, but Smashbox always has great reviews, so I went for it. Not bad! It definitely has this dewy finish, so it never feels cakey but WORD OF ADVICE: You MUST exfoliate your skin before applying this. It will show the dead skin cells on your nose and cheeks if you look closely. That irks me!!

I have also seen this on QVC and if it wasn't for the cost, I would have bought it by now...

I`ve just got mine from ebay order and tried it twice already: once with the foundation and once without it. In the first case, I think it looked a bit cakey. On my opinion, it doesn`t suit for setting a foundation--too heavy for me. But overally, I found it quite good--it doesn`t tight my skin(my skin is a bit dehydrated now) and the latter does look as if glowing under it.

I have a question, though, for those who has already had some experience with this powder--do you really see any skin improvements a fter using this for some period? In terms of hydration, smoothing little imperfections and etc?

It's available in the palest shade only on All Cosmetics Wholesale (allcosmeticswholesale.com) for $29.99 in the full size. That's half off if anyone wants to try it.

I like it, but don't think I'd pay full price for it.

Back