Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want it! I want it! Talk me out of getting it cause I do not need a $65 powder (and the kick a$$ brush).

It was on QVC today and man oh man, it looks sooooo good. Anyone try it? it is sold exclusively by QVC until December 2008.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want it! I want it! Talk me out of getting it cause I do not need a $65 powder (and the kick a$$ brush).
It was on QVC today and man oh man, it looks sooooo good. Anyone try it? it is sold exclusively by QVC until December 2008.

I want it too, but I CAN'T get it! I've read some not so great reviews, so I think I'll pass, but I really still want it! Crap!!

rotfl.gif
You sound like me! The thing is, I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it until I have it in my hands. If your family is fed, bills paid and you're doing right by saving a little money for a rainy day, why not have it? You're worth it! (I know I'm not doing you much good).
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want it too, but I CAN'T get it! I've read some not so great reviews, so I think I'll pass, but I really still want it! Crap!! Originally Posted by Make-up_Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rotfl.gif
You sound like me! The thing is, I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it until I have it in my hands. If your family is fed, bills paid and you're doing right by saving a little money for a rainy day, why not have it? You're worth it! (I know I'm not doing you much good).
laughing.gif
Checking their return policy as I type this...
vogel.gif

I posted about this last month in another smashbox thread... i really wanted it, and another MUT member (i don't remember who it was) saw my post and looked into it too. She wanted it really bad like I did, and she ended up ordering it... but I did not. It really looked amazing, but I didn't know enough about it to spend that much money on it. I haven't seen reviews yet. The poster did buy it, so I hope she reads this and tells us how she likes it. Thanks Marisol. I have to look for that thread.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I posted about this last month in another smashbox thread... i really wanted it, and another MUT member (i don't remember who it was) saw my post and looked into it too. She wanted it really bad like I did, and she ended up ordering it... but I did not. It really looked amazing, but I didn't know enough about it to spend that much money on it. I haven't seen reviews yet. The poster did buy it, so I hope she reads this and tells us how she likes it. Thanks Marisol. I have to look for that thread. I will have to look for it too. Thanks Nicole.
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i heard it SUCKS! I have read mixed reviews.

the links above, i posted it in a thread about another smashbox powder. i tend to post off topic now and then...

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif the links above, i posted it in a thread about another smashbox powder. i tend to post off topic now and then... I do too so no worries. I bumped up the thread so we will see if she bought it or not.

Things that I LOVE about my Smashbox Halo powder:

1. The healthy glow on my skin

2. The way it evens out my skin tone. Can get a natural look without looking too heavy or done up.

3. It's not bothering my oily acne prone skin the way other foundations have been lately.

4. Doesn't make my skin itch like BE does.

5. Doesn't settle in my fine lines (Woohoo!!!)

Now here is what I don't like about my Smashbox Halo powder:

1. The cost.

That's it folks. Bottom line, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SMASHBOX HALO powder!!!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i heard it SUCKS! man I thought it sounded to good to be true

Originally Posted by roguewench /img/forum/go_quote.gif Things that I LOVE about my Smashbox Halo powder:1. The healthy glow on my skin

2. The way it evens out my skin tone. Can get a natural look without looking too heavy or done up.

3. It's not bothering my oily acne prone skin the way other foundations have been lately.

4. Doesn't make my skin itch like BE does.

5. Doesn't settle in my fine lines (Woohoo!!!)

Now here is what I don't like about my Smashbox Halo powder:

1. The cost.

That's it folks. Bottom line, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SMASHBOX HALO powder!!!!

oops i should have read all the post first before posting .

I was concearned that its pressed. Don't they use binders to press it that you wouldnt get on your skin if they just left it loose? Then to shave it anyway?I don't really get it.

Has anyone else purchased it? I know it's available on the Smashbox website now, but with a different brush... a very small kabuki brush about which I've heard bad reviews. The brush on QVC is said to be better. It really is extremely expensive for a powder and that's what's stopping me from even trying it. It'd be such a hassle to have to return.

So... any experiences?

My mom has this and really likes it. Last time I was at her house I tried it... it's pretty good. Maybe someday when I use up some of my makeup I'll get it.

Latest posts

Back