Smashbox makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys thought about the Smashbox line? I have one eyeshadow so far. There's a bunch on ebay that seems to go for cheap and aren't bidding wars like mac.

Hey Liz! Is the one e/s you have the one i sent you? I really liked the texture of the e/s & it did last on my lids, it was just the colour that didn't work for me so that's why i swapped it. So IMO i like Smashbox e/s! I dont own anything else by Smashbox though so i cant comment on the rest of the line. I know a lot of people swear by their primer though

I have a few Smashbox pieces, mainly from QVC kits.

E/s - do have a nice texture, but i find them a bit too shimmery.

Cream eyeliners - were my fave, until i got the MAC fluidlines!

Primer - is really nice and keeps my makeup in place all day.

Mascara - is the best one i've tried so far.

Brushes - fab quality

Lipglosses - not keen on. Find them too sticky.

Um... that's all i can think of! Hope this helps!

What I've used of SB, I really like. I have e/s, cream e/s (love it-I use as a liner), glosses and l/s. I don't have alot but I definitely want more of their stuff. IMO, the glosses weren't sticky.

I have their Lip Brilliance palette in Sky Box. Sadly, I NEVER use it. The colors are nice but it's a super-messy palette; they are sticky and also have a tendency to end up on teeth. I have never tried any of their other products though.

Smashbox has really nice products. I have the lash primer and it works fine when I remember to use it
icon_rolleyes.gif
I know Tracey likes this line too so I am sure she'll add her opinions
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Smashbox has really nice products. I have the lash primer and it works fine when I remember to use it
icon_rolleyes.gif
I know Tracey likes this line too so I am sure she'll add her opinions
smile.gif
I have heard about smashbox but never used them...

I hear the primer is really great my aunt uses it and swears by it,she says qvc has great kits that they put together.I think the makers of smashbow are the grandsons of the maker of max factor,so they grew up learning about makeup.

Originally Posted by Liz I was wondering what you guys thought about the Smashbox line? I have one eyeshadow so far. There's a bunch on ebay that seems to go for cheap and aren't bidding wars like mac. since i tried some products from a QVC thing i got a mini cream liner in 2 shades lipgloss a tint thing that can be used for cheeks and lips and a mascara i kinda dig the mascara and the lipgloss but the rest of it i could leave. the cream liner sucks it never "sets" i like my fluidlines better. so with that experiance i wouldn't be bending over backwards for their products. if you want to try them look for a little set on qvc or something i got mine for like 30 bucks and i got to try the different things.

the primer worked WONDERS for me, but dried out not even a week later!!! i read reviews and a lot of them said the same.

i'm waiting on a lipstick called nude in a swap, which i tried at sephora and fell in love!

i have the focal point mascara and it's a good, basic mascara, but it flakes a little.

Smashbox is an amazing line & highly underrated. Blush, e/s, l/s & l/g quality are much better than MAC, IMO. I've bought stuff from QVC & Sephora & couldn't be happier w/their line.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Hey Liz! Is the one e/s you have the one i sent you? I really liked the texture of the e/s & it did last on my lids, it was just the colour that didn't work for me so that's why i swapped it. So IMO i like Smashbox e/s! I dont own anything else by Smashbox though so i cant comment on the rest of the line. I know a lot of people swear by their primer though yeah. it's a smashbox e/s. i haven't tried it on yet because i haven't been playing with my makeup lately.
it has been looking into other e/s. lol

I like working with their eyeshadows and alot of their other eye products. I don't like the mascaras, but I do like the lash primer. The only thing about it is that I've heard it dries fast. I usually go through alot of primer though , so I never noticed that. I don't like the texture of any of the lip products...too tacky for me.

I don't think it's one of the better lines, but it is ok.

I have an eyeshadow trio and a lipgloss and I really like them. I do agree with Gail that it seems like the line is severely underrated. I think their shadows have a lot of pigment.

I have loads of SB and I have to say that I really like that line. I agree w/Gail that SB is highly underrated. Their shadows are terrific and I totally love the makeup brushes. I have a whole set of those and couldn't be happier. I dont particularly like the l/g, but that is the only thing in the line that I dont care for.

when I get some more $$ (been spending so much on makeup this month) i'll get some shadows on ebay. i'm also watching out for the #15 brush. i really like it for the crease/v

I got some smashbox lip glosses and shadows from a fabulous swapper. I haven't really used them much because they aren't my colors, but I think they are really good products and would love to try more of the line! The shadows go on so smoothly and are very highliy pigmented.

I have the cream eyeliner palette... it's AWESOME!!! Besides that, all I have is a sample of the primer, and it seems to work really nice! Give a great smooth finish. I know a lot of people that use their other products, and they love them!
wink.gif

I will try that mascara too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 I got a GWP mascara once and I really liked it - very dark and it also made my lashes thicker. Last time I went to Sephora I wanted to get it but it wasn't waterproof.

Janelle, I've been eyeing that palette on the internet! I know I'd love it too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Do you use all of them?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have the cream eyeliner palette... it's AWESOME!!! Besides that, all I have is a sample of the primer, and it seems to work really nice! Give a great smooth finish. I know a lot of people that use their other products, and they love them!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back