Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sirvinya- that silver and black really stands out on you! looks great!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Emmy- you look soooo pretty with those color. I love the way you kept everything else simple.
icon_smile.gif

Laura-those colors go great with your eyes. They really made them look bright and beautiful!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Andrea-what can i say...you look super sexy!! Hot mama!!
icon_biggrin.gif

You all look great!!!

I love how you all used different colors of "smoky" ... nice touch!!!

And Laura my lil' chicken... SMILE!!!! lol
wink.gif
You look mah-veh-lous!!! :icon_love

here's mine:

MAC e/s in Anti-Establishment (middle of lid)

MAC e/s in Vellum (inner lid)

MAC e/s in Black Tied (outer V)

MAC Powerpoint Liner in Industry

Ultima II Wonderwear Mascara in Black

Please ignore the skin... went for an eyebrow wax last night and the friggin' lady waxed my ENTIRE FACE!!!!!
eek.gif
She dripped wax all over my cheeks (yes this was not my regular place..I went w/ a friend goes here... NEVER AGAIN!!!) And then said she was waxing my face... I'm telling her NO! And she proceeds to rip off the wax that dripped along with EVERYTHING ELSE!!! I'm soooo pissed!!!!
icon_evil.gif

Laura, Andrea and Janelle, you guys look super hot with the smokey look. The colours u picked are amazing
claps.gif

Janelle...hot mama
biggrin.gif

I love the last full face pick. it shows the outer "v" which we all love on you. your application is always so perfect!

Who's the hot mama! Love the blue smokey look on you Janelle.. Fabulous darling!

:icon_love Janelle sooooo gorgeous girl!!!! :icon_love You did it very nicely and you know what? One of the new Mac vp e/s is the same colour mixture you have. If I am not wrong the name is Knight Divine :icon_love

Girls, your Smokey eyes looks so perfect. I was so convinced to post up a smokey eye of me today. But although I tried my best it comes out so horrible. I wiped it all off after the first try and tried it another time: but again so scary. It is so hard to make up a great smoky eye. I was following exactly the steps from Trishas tuturiol for the smokey eye but I made it so wrong! Little bit sad and disappointed about that. Now I am sitting here with my fizzling Want-to.be.smokey-eyes !
icon_cry.gif

But I will not give up and try to learn from your turns!

Nice greets to all the girls who have done such a lovely job!!!!!
claps.gif

Hugs, Sabrina

I'm still trying to figure out the camera, only one picture seemed close to what it looks like in real life:

smokeyOct22005010.jpg

Here's what I used, top row of shadows:

smokeyOct22005019.jpg

Blitz and Glitz Fluidlines, usual eyelash primer and mascara. You can't see the fluidlines at all
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Sirvinya Since I'm going away this weekend, I did mine today
smokey1.jpg

I used:

-The Body Shop all in one foundation

-MAC "Untitled" paint

-Ben Nye "Ice" lid and highlight

-Milani "Storm" crease

-MAC "Blacktrack" fluidline top liner

-Lancome "Black" Kohl lower liner

-Lancome Hypnose mascara

-Milani "Luminous" blush

-The Body Shop "Pink" shimmerwaves

-MAC lipstick "Fabby"

-Lots of Collection 2000 clear gloss.

Attachment 5810Attachment 5811Attachment 5812

Attachment 5813Attachment 5814

Hi Sirvinya--Lovely! Your "smokey eye"face is absolutely enchanting; you look ethereal and sultry and beautiful, like some exquisite mermaid...I love it! The smokey makeup brings out the cat green in your eyes too...A few questions, from a total beginner--how do you smudge the liner, or do you?I always use my finger, and wind up looking like I just finished weeping!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Or do you just draw it in a certain way? Also, your pale mouth sets off your eyes perfectly--should lips always be neutral,with a smokey eye? (If so I've been walking around like a corpse occasionally, blood red lips and pallid skin AND dark eyes!
icon_redface.gif
Also, how about a dark grey-violet for eyes, or just purple--could that still create the smokey eye look? Well, you don't have to answer all or any of this; I'm just going to try to copy your look though, to hopefully get better at it. Thanks so much for sharing!

--SierraWren

Originally Posted by iloveparis Here's mine....I know it's not Sunday yet, but I won't have the time to do the look this weekend, so I'm posting the one from last night:icon_love I went for grey.
Img1207.jpg

Img1215.jpg

Img1205.jpg

Face:

T LeClerc foundation in Caramel and pressed powder in Abricot

Ben Nye creme rouge in Coral

Eyes:

Nars e/s in Bombshell

NYC e/s in Wait Until Dark

NYC e/l

Trucco e/s in Moonshade

Lips:

Ben Nye gloss in Nude

Hi i love Paris--
claps.gif
You look wonderful! I love the grey against your beautiful tanned skin, the almost-frosted shade of pearl grey is perfect, the way it highlights all the pretty features of your face. Question: did you "smudge" your eyeliner at all; and if so, how? (I'm a beginner at the smokey eye; it's more like the eye caught on fire with me!I mean, it gets so bright red with irritation and too many products, it DOES actually turn bright red!
icon_confused.gif
)Since you do it so professionally, any tips for those starting out?Thanks for showing us your photos!

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi Sirvinya--Lovely! Your "smokey eye"face is absolutely enchanting; you look ethereal and sultry and beautiful, like some exquisite mermaid...I love it! The smokey makeup brings out the cat green in your eyes too...A few questions, from a total beginner--how do you smudge the liner, or do you?I always use my finger, and wind up looking like I just finished weeping!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Or do you just draw it in a certain way? Also, your pale mouth sets off your eyes perfectly--should lips always be neutral,with a smokey eye? (If so I've been walking around like a corpse occasionally, blood red lips and pallid skin AND dark eyes!
icon_redface.gif
Also, how about a dark grey-violet for eyes, or just purple--could that still create the smokey eye look? Well, you don't have to answer all or any of this; I'm just going to try to copy your look though, to hopefully get better at it. Thanks so much for sharing!

--SierraWren

Okay so i'm definetely not an expert. But i'm pretty sure that you can do a smokey eye look with just about any color as long as its dark enought... So i think purple or even a dark green could make a smokey eye look..

and as for the lipstick thing I don't think it necissarily matters, But I think its best to not go overboard with dark lips and dark eyes and just pick like one feature to have dark and then just use a pinkish color on the lips or something like that

just my opinion tho.

mary Amber

Cirean, it is sooo pretty :icon_love Your eye look so fresh, love it. :icon_love

Okay Ladies here's my smoky eye.

face:

select spf foundation nc50

loose powder nc40

select moisturecover concealer nw30

eyes:

woodwinked e/s

contrast e/s

carbon e/s

black tied e/s

era e/s

engraved powerpoint

clear brow set

espresso e/s

mac zoom lash

cheeks:

blunt blush

lips:

underplay l/s

clear lipglass

cork lip pencil

Originally Posted by Laura Well here's my first ever attempt at a smokey eye. And I'm stressing the word attempt! I would have loved to use navy's for it but I don’t have any e/s that colour. Actually I don’t have many dark e/s so I ended up using only 2 eyeshadows!.. Would love advice on how to perfect this look. All comments appreciated. One thing i did notice is that i should have spent more time on my lower lash line. I can barely see the e/s in the pic! Sorry the pics aren't the best quality
FACE:

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Concealer

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

Shu P Pink 30 Glow On Blush

Dior Skinflash under eyes

EYES:

Products used are in the pic!

LIPS:

Rimmel Get Up & Go Lipliner

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Irridescent Pink

Stila Lipglaze in Watermelon

Hi Laura--I think your eyes look beauiful in these photos, like photos in a magazine showing the completed look of "smokey eye." There is an almost opalescent quality of blue under the grey tones, and it really makes your eyes look huge--I love that. Especially in the full face photo, you look so lovely and striking; your eyes just stand out so well! I am glad you included that last photo, to show the overall facial effect. I don't have any advice,I think you did a flawless job, down to your ale pink lips--so your lips re there, but they don't pull the strong eyes off balance. One question I have for all you girls: how do you smudge your eyeliner,and,if you don't, how do you get it to have that softer look here?I love what you did here!
claps.gif
Sincerely, SierraWren

:icon_love :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love Devin, my mouth dropped when I saw your picture!!! It is Oh my God!!! Fabuuuuulous!!!! :icon_love :icon_love Do you work for a mu company cause you do every look soooo perfect???!!!! I have to write down what u used...

Originally Posted by devinjhans Okay Ladies here's my smoky eye.
face:

select spf foundation nc50

loose powder nc40

select moisturecover concealer nw30

eyes:

woodwinked e/s

contrast e/s

carbon e/s

black tied e/s

era e/s

engraved powerpoint

clear brow set

espresso e/s

cheeks:

blunt blush

lips:

under l/s

clear lipglass

cork lip pencil

Thanks Nilufer you are a sweetheart!! No I don't work for a makeup company, but I am trying to get on at Mac.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love Devin, my mouth dropped when I saw your picture!!! It is Oh my God!!! Fabuuuuulous!!!! :icon_love :icon_love Do you work for a mu company cause you do every look soooo perfect???!!!! I have to write down what u used...

Originally Posted by Arielle FACE:Maybelline True Illusion

usual concealers

Artdeco blush #35

MAC Irridescent Powder Pressed in Belightful

EYES:

Artdeco e/s #82 on lid, #92 on crease

Artdeco e/s #27 on browbone

black eye kohl

Jade Perfect Cream mascara

LIPS:

Maybelline Watershine Diamonds l/s in Crystal Pink

MAC l/g C-Thru

good thing I tried this out BEFORE going out. I used a bit too much blush (the artdeco blush is really pigmented for being this cheap!!!) and I might do a nude lip instead of the pink instead tonight.

Do you guys think this is too much color for my innocent looking face??
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi, First of all, I love these photos!I showed them to my husband,and he agrees with me,that you look very, very much like his sister, it is just eerie! She's Czech--like he is, of course--but lives just an hour from the borders of Austria...Anyway, the world sometimes can seem small, I guess. Back to the photos:I think you did a great job of balancing out the smoky eye with softer cheeks and lips--don't think you overdid the color at all. And you have such pretty, even features, and a nice warm shade of skin, my guess is you can wear lots of styles and colors. One question I'm asking everyone is, did you smudge your eyeliner and if so, how? Do you get that soft, lovely line? Well, thanks so much for sharing--Sierrawren

Back