So Bored!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am totally bored w/my makeup. As most of you know I started a new job in a new city after leaving a job that I'd had for 9 years. Well, on the job that I left, I pretty much much wore whatever I wanted to wear to work, makeupwise. I didnt go overboard (never do) but I wore just about any color that I wanted to wear because I knew I could get away with it. Now on my new job, I'm wearing neutrals. IT SUCKS!! I know that I could probably wear more colors if I wanted to, but my goal is to eventually step into another (higher) position eventually and I dont want anything to stand in the way of that. So first of all, is it true that women can be taken less seriously based on their makeup (keep in mind, I never pile this stuff on). second, if I have to stick to boring neutrals, what can I do to add some life to them? THIS SUCKS!!!! Oh yeah, have I mentioned that THIS SUCKS!!!
icon_twisted.gif

Sadly, I've seen very little mu on others so far. The ladies in the company seem to wear VERY little to nothing at all. I dont understand that. In my department specifially, there are only 3 ladies - myself and two others. Those two are WAY older than me so I guess thats why they wear little to nothing on their faces.

I could def do the colored liners... that would make me feel just a little better.

confused.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha What kinda Mu are the other ladies at your work wearing? Sorry you are feeling restricted Tracey, maybe introduce colour to your work MU by using coloured liners?? x

I think if you do it tastefully, any color can work.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I was a mainly 'natural' look girl, (Until Trisha and MAC came into my life! LOL :icon_love ) But even though I do more bold colors every so often, I still keep it pretty simple, so they really haven't thought much about it at work - actually I'm getting a promotion anyway!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Finally! Now lets see how the $$ talks!
wink.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion!!! Way to go, Janelle!

I am SO NOT a natural girl, but I'm totally scared of screwing up my chances of moving up in the company. Maybe I'll have to learn to love neutrals? Yeah, that's likely!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Maybe I'll slowly and very lightly bring more color into my life when at work.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I think if you do it tastefully, any color can work.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I was a mainly 'natural' look girl, (Until Trisha and MAC came into my life! LOL :icon_love ) But even though I do more bold colors every so often, I still keep it pretty simple, so they really haven't thought much about it at work - actually I'm getting a promotion anyway!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Finally! Now lets see how the $$ talks!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion!!! Way to go, Janelle!
I am SO NOT a natural girl, but I'm totally scared of screwing up my chances of moving up in the company. Maybe I'll have to learn to love neutrals? Yeah, that's likely!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Maybe I'll slowly and very lightly bring more color into my life when at work.
confused.gif

Thanks hun! It hasn't "officially" happened yet, but we've had the talk about it, and they want to start looking to fill my position when I change areas.
tongue.gif
Maybe if you just add a little bit each time... see how they react - get to feel them out a bit first, see if you get good reactions - then judge from there
wink.gif

That sucks that you don't like neutrals, Tracey
frown.gif
That's mainly what I wear - I'm comfortable in them and they look good on me. However, a little color is fun! I like the suggestion of colorful liners, or maybe you could do a more colorful lipstick? I hope you get it figured out - it's no fun to be bored with your makeup!

Hey Erica! Colorful l/s is a great idea! Thanks!! I think tomorrow, I'm gonna do that as well as take Trisha and Janelle's suggestion and break out w/some colored e/l. Its a start, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But I am SO dying to wear green e/s - that is my alltime favorite!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme That sucks that you don't like neutrals, Tracey
frown.gif
That's mainly what I wear - I'm comfortable in them and they look good on me. However, a little color is fun! I like the suggestion of colorful liners, or maybe you could do a more colorful lipstick? I hope you get it figured out - it's no fun to be bored with your makeup!

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU But I am SO dying to wear green e/s - that is my alltime favorite!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I love green e/s too - seems that's the color I collect most after neutrals. Maybe you could find some neutral greens? MAC Greensmoke comes to mind, and I think you could get away with Sumptuos Olive too. I guess I'm thinking darker, less obvious shades of green, though bright green e/s is fun!

personally i think that you could do purples and still look more neutral. they don't have to be bright but you could make them work totally. and yea do the colored liners

I read an article somewhere that said that women who wear MU are more likely to get promoted than their make up free collegues. It said it was something to do with having pride in your appearance meant that you'd have pride in your work and make you a better employee.

Congrats Janelle, woohoo!!!!

Hey Tracey, why don't you try mixing in some green with the more neutral browns? Like in the inner corners of your eyes? Also... have you tried MAC's Tealo powerpoint pencil? it's a deep, deep green.

hard candy has a palette that might work old skool has a dark brown glitter shade that can be used as a liner it's a more jazzed up neutral.

but what joy said is good try greens. do you have MAC's club e/s? that is a brown with green blue duochrome

Latest posts

Back