So fed up!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently brought a MAC blush from a dodgy company which was, of course fake even though she claimed they were authentic... first thing I've ever brought outside of MAC and have learnt my lesson now lol. And to top it off now I think I've recieved another fake blush today in a swap. Logo seems bigger than my GENUINE Coygirl blush that I had to go out and re-purchase today and it says not for individual resale on the bottom which seems weird.

Sigh.

I'm sorry that happened to you
frown.gif
 but it happens to many all the time. My rule with Mac (or other high end brands but especially mac) is don't buy off ebay, forums (unless they have a genuine excellant reputation) or any other sites other than Mac, Mac counters, or CCO. Most deals are always way too good to be true. The scary part isn't even if they're fake, it's that those products may not be safe for the face!! It may harm you and who knows what the real ingredients are in fakes.

Oh that sucks. So far I haven't had a bad buy, but I buy off of people so rarely. The few trusted MUT members I have purchased from have been long established people here. I don't even use eBay for anything name brand. Scammers suck.

@ Adrienne - that's exactly what I'm worried about! I have read some horrible stories about eye damage from fake pigments. I read that a lot of fake things are made in countries where there aren't strict regulations on what you can put in cosmetics. I don't like putting anything on my face unless I know exactly what's in it.

@ Internetchick - eBay is evil! Wouldn't buy anything that said it was 'MAC' on there. A lot of it is blatantly fake. This one was really well done, I probably wouldnt have realised unless I had compared it at the store today!

Originally Posted by nukacola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And to top it off now I think I've recieved another fake blush today in a swap. Logo seems bigger than my GENUINE Coygirl blush that I had to go out and re-purchase today and it says not for individual resale on the bottom which seems weird.
It seems as if that would be a sampler from a M•A•C store. Sorry to hear you got burned. I found if I'm going to buy M•A•C I buy directly from them or someone I know for sure got it from M•A•C (in other words I buy directly from M•A•C).

I never buy anything from eBay, but Amazon is a different story. I've gotten a lot of great products off there - MAC included - for some very good prices. And many of the companies I order from have free shipping on everything they sell, even if it's an item like a Stila eyeshadow under $5.

I wouldn't even buy from Amazon. If it comes direct from them yes, but there are items on the site that are actually from Marketplace sellers. It would be just like buying from eBay.

I agree complete you should be skeptical, but in regards to Amazon, I actually sell things on there(not makeup though) and I think it's pretty reliable. You just need to make sure they have a good rating, and all that good stuff. Otherwise stay away!

I'm sorry that happened to you /:

Back