So I lined my waterline for the first time last night...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And it looked awful! I used my MAC shade f/l and I thought it made my eyes look really small. Maybe I'm just one of those people who lining the lower lid/waterline closes the eyes.

Any tips from you expert makeup ladies? TIA

Originally Posted by CWHF

And it looked awful! I used my MAC shade f/l and I thought it made my eyes look really small. Maybe I'm just one of those people who lining the lower lid/waterline closes the eyes.

You have to take some pics for us to judge it for ya LOLOL
It would be cool to see them upclose

i know what you mean. i don't line or use mascara on my lower lashes or lashline. way to harsh a look for me even with a soft shade of pencil or mascara.

Originally Posted by CWHF And it looked awful! I used my MAC shade f/l and I thought it made my eyes look really small. Maybe I'm just one of those people who lining the lower lid/waterline closes the eyes.

Do you have light-colored eyes? I think the only time it makes people's eyes look actually bigger is when they have already dark brown eyes. Mine are blue, and I can line my waterline if I want a really defined look that calls attention to the shape of my eye, but it doesn't make them look bigger.

Nope. My eyes are dark brown. Maybe I should try a lighter color than Shade (a tealish forest green)?

Originally Posted by sylphiel Do you have light-colored eyes? I think the only time it makes people's eyes look actually bigger is when they have already dark brown eyes. Mine are blue, and I can line my waterline if I want a really defined look that calls attention to the shape of my eye, but it doesn't make them look bigger.

My waterline is ticklish!! When I have lined it I didn't see that it made such a drastic difference in my appearance, so I just don't bother.

Originally Posted by CWHF And it looked awful! I used my MAC shade f/l and I thought it made my eyes look really small. Maybe I'm just one of those people who lining the lower lid/waterline closes the eyes.

I agree!
smile.gif

I have large brown eyes. It makes me look like I have beady eyes which I don't at all. Lining the inner rims looks horrible on me. Actually, I really don't like that look much at allbut many girls here on MUT do it and it looks quite nice. I think it's just a personal preferance thing.

I used to think that lining my lower rim looked weird on my because it made my eyes look smaller. I have dark brown eyes. No, I use Fluidlines all the time and I don't think that they look small. It may have to do with yout technique. Are you applying a thick line or thin? I prefer going with a thinner line. It might just take you getting used to it.

that's really funny to read this post, because i have to line my waterline every day, or else my eyes look boring!

Sometime I just line the outer half. That way it adds some definition, but it doesn't close my eyes and make them look super small either. Maybe you could try that?

I agree with what Trisha said.. try a lighter colour maybe to start out. I have blue eyes and i only started lining my lower rims recently. For some strange reason i actually feel naked now when i dont line my lower rims, its so weird! Let us know how things work out

they definitely look smaller and i think they make eyes more blurry - or maybe that's just me.

since i have pretty light skin and green eyes, i always line my rims. i find it makes my eyes pop and look greener.

here are my eyes with liner on the rims...

Eyes.jpg

i can't tell you how many times someone's SWORE my eyes are colored contacts when i have mascara and liner on.

Thanks for all the advice, ladies!

I think I need to try a thinner line with a lighter color next time. I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back