So my boyfriend bought "Rock Band" so what should I get?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hehe he's such a geek, but I love him.

He bought Rock Band for his xbox360 so I was like what *do* I get?? Any excuse to get some make up haha.

So Im guessing I will have a $115 "shopping spree" at sephora.

I am kinda new to doing major eye make up.

Ive always gone for the "natural look", basically just doing my best to cover up my blemishes.

IE acne since 5th grade and super oily skin!!

Doing my make-up was like a necessity to feel "normal" and now I want to have some fun.

Stats:

Skin type: super oily

Acne prone w/light scarring on cheeks

Very fair/light complextion

Eyes: Hasil

Hair: med brown naturally w/lots of blonde highlights (that so need to be done)

You can see a pic of me in my profile..

I wear Revlon Color Stay foundation in 110 Ivory , clinique advanced concealer in 01 light, milani mosaics #02 Honey Kissed, No.7 pressed powder Perfect light in translucent, MAC light blot powder. For my eyes and lips I have most drugstore brands except for my Laura Geller portfolio

It's not tons of money to spend there but it's a start, so ladies what would you suggest? Im open to anything.

A Lorac palette. Either the Lorac greatest hits cd, the showstopper palette, the croc palette.... I'd say get the snake charmer palette... but it's not available anymore, except for on ebay. Wait there is a new one out too.. that comes with more stuff in it for like 50 bucks. I forget the name, but it's by Lorac.

So I'd get a Lorac palette, and something like the Too Faced jewelery box... (there is an updated one... but I don't know the name for that either. I bet Aquilah knows.
smile.gif
You can get a lot of makeup for your money then... you can probably get something else. UDPP!!!

I also love Nars' Artist palette. It's 60$ but absolutely worth it. The 4 e/s in the palette alone retail for over $80. On top of that you get two of their multiples (my favorite things ever) and 4 l/s. It's an awesome deal!!!

Thanks ladies I will check that out! It's so hard to choose, I feel like Im at "Ben & Jerry's" except it's much lower in fat!! haha.

I personally am a big, big fan of NYX. It's a drugstore brand but the eyeshadows are out of this world. They are extremely comparable to MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have found dupes of both brands in NYX.

You can get NYX for dirt cheap from cherryculture.com, if you purchase more than $40, then the shipping is free. And unless you live in California, there is also no tax.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally am a big, big fan of NYX. It's a drugstore brand but the eyeshadows are out of this world. They are extremely comparable to MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have found dupes of both brands in NYX.
You can get NYX for dirt cheap from cherryculture.com, if you purchase more than $40, then the shipping is free. And unless you live in California, there is also no tax.

You know I was so going ot order from there but they had their advertisement of 20% a couple of days ago, w/no mention of when it expired, until you got to the shopping cart page, it ended on midnight eastern time on the 18th. I missed it by a few hours, it wasnt midnight yet my time but it was eastern time. That really pissed me off so I decided not to give them my money.
I know it sounds silly but Im stubborn like that.
cowboy.gif

At sephora you should look into pop cosmetics, they have really cool smokey eye kits in a wallet, check out makeup forever there really good too. I also like lorac and stila they all have holiday kits right now, But I also love Nyx
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by FutureReference /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know I was so going ot order from there but they had their advertisement of 20% a couple of days ago, w/no mention of when it expired, until you got to the shopping cart page, it ended on midnight eastern time on the 18th. I missed it by a few hours, it wasnt midnight yet my time but it was eastern time. That really pissed me off so I decided not to give them my money.
I know it sounds silly but Im stubborn like that.
cowboy.gif

I'm on their mailing list and they clearly stated when the sale began and ended. I've ordered from them and they are wonderful! Don't let that problem stop you. That is honestly the best place hands down for NYX.

I agree with phantomgoddess cherry culture is great there shipping is fast, My order shipped out on a friday and I got it this monday, Ive been playing with my pearlies and nyx trios ever since, Its fun to experiment with different looks and to get creative, I love these boards for all the help and tips, and just makeup chat, Im am now addicted to these boards as much as I am my makeup
rotfl.gif

Im jealous of your boyfriends Rock Band! I want that sooo bad. Right now Im still in love with Guitar Hero and Halo 3 so I am content but I want that for the future!

So have you gone shopping yet? What did you get? I dont have any recommendations because I just like experimenting with everything and Im just starting to get serious with makeup.

My son Jason and his Dad are having a blast with guitar heroes 3!
thrashi.gif
My husband has 7 guitars, so he is happy to see Jason taking an interest in music

Latest posts

Back