SO tired of eyeliner running & smearing....any suggestions??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I haven't posted in a LONG time, but I have a problem that I'm SO tired of trying to fix. I can't even tell you how many eyeliner pencils I have......know the feeling?? I really like the Kohl liners. But, I have oily skin and I also use a good serum on my face before putting on my foundation. Problem? There is NO eyeliner pencil I've found yet that does not run or smudge. You know that 'raccoon eye' look??? Well, I'm tired of it. Do any of you know of ANY eyeliner.....preferably the Kohl in a charcoal shade......that does NOT run or smudge? I would LOVE to look in the mirror a few hours after applying my eyeliner (all day would be even better) and see my eyeliner still where it should be.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.
vogel.gif

Try dipping a damp eyeliner brush in shadow and then "stamping" it on your skin over the kohl liner, to make it stay put. Then, for a FULL assault, trace over it with liquid eyeliner.

Apple-solutely guaranteed NOT to budge.
biggrin.gif

I know how frustrating it is to have a million pencils lying around and they all smudge! How about Benefit She-Laq makeup sealant. You can use the pencils you have and then paint the clear sealant over them. Let it dry and it's waterproof and smudgeproof. The bottle should last about a year.

BeneFit_SheLaq1-resized200.jpg

I'm pretty new with makeup, but I love Revlon Colorstay eyeliners. I also got some from Prestige recently,and they seem pretty good.(I have heard/read that Makeup forever makes great waterproof liners,not tried them though,maybe you should give Waterproof a try.

I've heard lots of raves for Bobbi Brown's gel liners, though it's in a pot and not a pencil. People say they don't budge.

Kate

i m sorry i cant be much help . my liner wont smudge off as long as i have foundation or powder in my eye lids

Dab some Urban Decay Primer Potion (famously known as "UDPP") on your lower lashline before you apply eyeliner. UDPP is extremely popular and known for keeping eyeshadows in place all day, no creasing, no budging... so many of us MU pros use it there as well! Any eyeliner (or shadow, for that matter) will stay put. It's a MU girl's holy grail!

Good mineral eye shadow applied wet with a brush won't go anywhere- the other option is a gel liner. MAC and Bobbi Brown make them- they stay on until you take them off with eye makeup remover.

I have the same problem. I just bought new Revlon eraser pen, hoping it will help with this problem, I didn't try it yet, but I will get back to you about how it works once I try it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by curlyqmishee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dab some Urban Decay Primer Potion (famously known as "UDPP") on your lower lashline before you apply eyeliner. UDPP is extremely popular and known for keeping eyeshadows in place all day, no creasing, no budging... so many of us MU pros use it there as well! Any eyeliner (or shadow, for that matter) will stay put. It's a MU girl's holy grail! All the tips were great.....thanks all. But, this one I can do NOW with the eyeliner I have and love. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion every time I put eye shadow on but did not even think of dabbing it on under my eye before applying my pencil liner there. THANKS for the great tip!!
rockwoot.gif

Back