So what's Facebook all about?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I just started a FaceBook profile and sondered what you girls thought of FB as compared to any other sites? I'm thinking of moving off Yahoo 360 because they have me pissed off over Flickr.... So anything cool to do on FB that the other sites don't have? I did have a welcoming party waiting form... bunch of friends from other sites there.....

Karren

Facebook is about like Myspace now except facebook doesn't have spam. Set the alerts on low or you will know when your friends change their profile pic, info, join a facebook group, ect. Facebook has alot of apps. unlike myspace. They have apps. for lolcats, bumper stickers, movies, sports, ect. It's easy to use.

Have fun!!
smile.gif

Yeah, what Joy said.

Facebook was mainly exclusive to just College folks but now accept anyone.

The applications are annoying as hell tho - when people request for you to use/add them. Bleh.

I like their picture tagging and other stuff tho. Myspace is getting into tagging your photos now too. Too bad no one I know uses Facebook so I'll just stick with Myspaz. And oh, no customized backgrounds - that's the boring thing about Facebook. They have ugly layouts and people plaster applications left and right... eesh.

Karren, I like Myspace better. I like how you can customize it exactly how you want it. I change my layout all the time. All your MUT buddies are over there too!

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren, I like Myspace better. I like how you can customize it exactly how you want it. I change my layout all the time. All your MUT buddies are over there too! Myspace is addictive! I think you would like that. If you do decide to get an account feel free to befriend me on there. My link is in my profile

I wouldn't mind going to Myspace except the chance of bumping into someone that knows me would go up exponentialy.. Especiallly relatives and close family members... Guess I could do just an all female page? Lol

You can set you profile to private on myspace. The only thing that shows is your main profile pic. You would have to be friends with someone in order for them to see your profile.

Well I think Facebook and myspace are the same to me, they both sucks lol.

I guess, I get bored easily lol.

It’s interesting how MySpace recently had added quite a few new features … Perhaps FB opening up to everyone was a good thing! I have limited experience with FB but I do know MySpace is more customizable, which can be a good or bad thing – If you’re into that kinda thing.

Try them both out for a month or two and see which you prefer. But I would definitely say FB’s main competition is MySpace.

I was addicted to both myspace and facebook,

but now i only have a myspace.

i had a bad experience with facebook. =/

on facebook, even though your not friends with

someone, they can see where you live & what

school you go to. on myspace, if it's private,

you can see the persons profile pic &

where they live.

facebook just gave out too much information

& i had a scary stalker that sent flowers to

my school. =X completely freaked me out.

so just be careful.

Originally Posted by michixboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was addicted to both myspace and facebook,but now i only have a myspace.

where they live.

so just be careful.

That is freaky!!
What happened next? LOL This story is interesting =p

lol yes verrrry freaky!

what happened next?! hah. DELETED the facebook!! lol.

nothing has happened after that, and hopefully nothing

else will. =X

I'm amazed on how many people are on FB.. Says 107,000 in the Pittsburgh zone but your right, they all look young....... er than me!! Lol. And right away I'm not anamored with their photo tools which won't load correctly... 360 was nice before Yahoo got greedy and wanted to charge for Flickr.. Maybe I'll give MySpace a shot...

Damn talk about time wasters though!! Lol

Originally Posted by michixboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was addicted to both myspace and facebook,but now i only have a myspace.

where they live.

so just be careful.

That's freaky! I also read somewhere that FB share user's informations to other internet website/company.
I lost my interest on FB after getting bunch of messages from strangers and one of them said that I'm his cousin (which is not true). Ewww.

I'm just not into social networking sites anymore now.

Originally Posted by Modirty80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never heard of Yahoo 360 until this thread...... Is it new? I'll have to check it out I've been on 360 for a couple years... Click on the link in my signature..

I used to have facebook, but I was also freaked out by people knowing every time I changed something on my profile, or where I lived, my school, blah blah blah. I use myspace exclusively. There is much more to do on MS too.

Everyone I know prefers facebook over myspace.

And you can set your privacy settings better on facebook to the point that you can select specific individuals and dictate what they can and cannot see.

To me one is just the lesser of two evils.

Honestly, and this is my opinion. Facebook, MySpace these sites are so cheesy and when I hear of adults using it, it makes me think they are immature. Get on the phone, email, or go meet someone face to face. Were losing touch with people with all these new online networks like these where you just stay glued to your computer and type away! And don't get me started on Blackberries or whatever there called, text messaging and what not, I find it so pathetic!

Go ahead jump on my throat, defend it!I know a lot of you love these social network sites.

Latest posts

Back