Sobbing DeGeneres pleads for dog to be returned

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ellen DeGeneres is in the doghouse with a pet rescue agency after giving a pooch away to her hairdresser because it didn't get along with her cats. She tells the story on her show Tuesday. (Oct. 16)

Link to the video

I feel so bad for her. She thought she was doing the right thing.

Awww, poor Ellen.
frown.gif

I have a coworker that volunteers with a animal rescue foundation, and they have the same rules that people must agree to before adopting (if you can't keep the dog for whatever reason, you return it back to the rescue foundation so they can find it a new home that would be a good match for the dog). So, I can see why that happened, hopefully the family Ellen gave the dog to would just go through the adoption process again with the organization.

I saw that and felt bad for her too.

I hope that the agency just contacts the family and lets them do the process too.

I got teary eyed watching that.
frown.gif
Poor thing. It's not like she just got rid of the dog, she found it a great home. I guess rules are rules.

thats so sad but one of the posters said its like the 6th time it happens. i dunno if its true or not but still

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thats so sad but one of the posters said its like the 6th time it happens. i dunno if its true or not but still It is the 6th time it happened to Ellen?
I saw the actual show and I felt so bad for her. She was truly sorry. I hope this can be resolved.

I do feel bad, but she should have read the rules. Rescues have rules like this to ensure that the dog goes to a home that is a good match. Many dogs get adopted only to be given away soon after. Sometimes they end up in shelters again or even in abusive situations. I do hope they decide to give it back to the family if it is a good match.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do feel bad, but she should have read the rules. Rescues have rules like this to ensure that the dog goes to a home that is a good match. Many dogs get adopted only to be given away soon after. Sometimes they end up in shelters again or even in abusive situations. I do hope they decide to give it back to the family if it is a good match. I agree.
sheep.gif

I dont think I can watch it,I feel bad for her,but mostly for the 2 girls who bonded with the dog only to have it taken away.

That sucks. I just watched the vid and the crying seemed a bit excessive, I'm sure with her status the family will get the dog back. Well, I hope they will.

If the Agency is well-intentioned, then probably, they will allow the family to go through the adoption process. I don't wanna sit here and judge the exact emotion of a person, but Ellen looked a wreck!

Update:

Ellen DeGeneres keeps up public plea for dog

Quote:
Comedian Ellen DeGeneres took to the airwaves on Wednesday for a second day to denounce an animal rescue organization that took back her adopted dog after she gave the puppy away without the agency's permission.
DeGeneres caught the nation's attention on Tuesday when she opened her TV talk show with a tearful plea for the pet-adoption service to reunite the dog with the family of DeGeneres' hairstylist, whose daughters she said had already bonded with the pooch.

The performer said she had adopted the shaggy-haired mixed breed named Iggy in September and spent thousands of dollars to neuter and train it. But ultimately, she found the dog another family because it did not get along with her cats.

"I thought I did a good thing," she said. "I tried to find a loving home for the dog because I couldn't keep it."

But the owners of Pasadena-based Mutts and Moms insisted on reclaiming the dog on grounds that DeGeneres violated terms of her adoption agreement that required her to return the pet to the agency if she chose not to keep it, DeGeneres said.

Footage of a sobbing DeGeneres begging for the agency to "please bring the dog back to those little girls" was replayed endlessly on the Internet and celebrity news shows, triggering an outpouring of support for the performer.

One owner of Mutts and Moms, Marina Baktis told Pasadena police that she received several threats on her cell phone and her work phone. Police said they had no suspects as yet.

DeGeneres pressed on with her public plea for the dog's return on Wednesday during her own weekday talk show and a separate radio interview with Ryan Seacrest, host of the hit TV talent contest "American Idol."

She told Seacrest that she had heard the dog had since been placed with another home, and she gave more details about how Iggy was taken back by Mutts and Moms during an emotional, three-hour standoff at the home of her hairstylist.

Baktis was able to claim the dog "technically" still belonged to her because her name alone was on the pet identification microchip implanted under the dog's skin, DeGeneres said. She said Baktis had failed to add DeGeneres' name to the chip, as promised, at the time of adoption.

She also said that contrary to the agency's stated rules, DeGeneres was never asked to fill out an application, nor was any inspection of her home conducted before she took possession of the puppy last month.

"I didn't say, 'You can't come to my home.' I didn't say, 'I won't fill out a form.' She didn't ask me to," DeGeneres said.

Neither Baktis, Mutts and Moms, nor their representatives were immediately available for comment.

Latest posts

Back