Some of my Digital Re-touch work

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just thought I would share some of my re-touch work.

I think each re-touch artist has their own unique “style†that they bring to each project. If multiple people were to re-touch the same image, you will see that each artist has their vision of what the image should look like.

Re-touching doesn’t always have to be “extreme†in nature. It can range from simple adjustments to complex error corrections and re-styling.

This piece was a lot of fun to work on. Her makeup, styling and shots were all done professionally but she just felt the image lacked something … She explained that they were going for a “60’s glamour look with a mix of modern day pin-up.â€

For my color re-touch I didn’t want to do a vintage pinup look. I wanted to do a girl next door (playboy) look, meets bad girl (hustler).

60’s B&W glamour photos were about stark color contrasts … So with my B&W re-touch I wanted to do something more traditional 60’s. Soft, fragile looking skin, deeper eyes etc.

Before:

ScreenHunter_06Dec141345.jpg

After: Color Re-touch

ScreenHunter_04Dec141344.jpg

After: B&W Re-touch

ScreenHunter_05Dec141345.jpg

In this next piece, I was asked to create an invigorated more youthful version of her. She loved the hair color I picked out for her so much that ended up re-doing her real hair lol.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT MY WORK IS ON THE LEFT ****

1.jpg

This next piece was interesting because I really loved the before photo … I really love the deep California style tan, and deeper layers. I also spent a lot of time on her eyes both in color and detail.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT MY WORK IS ON THE LEFT ***

2.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

If you should have any questions feel free to message me on here or on MySpace.

Back