some sites for you bar soap addicts to check out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can you tell im on a soap kick lately?
smile.gif
here are some sites from a book about luxury soaps im reading. add a .com to the end unless its finished with .co.uk, etc.

bigelowchemists

baudelairesoaps

blissworld

caswellmassey

chianticashmere

crabtree-evelyn

fresh.21c

frenchsoaps

gardenbotanika

kissmyface

lifebuoy.co.uk

halcyonday

majasoap

loccitane

penhaligons.co.uk

pharmacopia.net

luxbath

marius-fabre.fr

scentier

soapboxltd

soaponarope

thesoapopera

thesoapshop

thymes

woodspirits

Originally Posted by haloinrverse can you tell im on a soap kick lately?
smile.gif
here are some sites from a book about luxury soaps im reading. add a .com to the end unless its finished with .co.uk, etc.
bigelowchemists

baudelairesoaps

blissworld

caswellmassey

chianticashmere

crabtree-evelyn

fresh.21c

frenchsoaps

gardenbotanika

kissmyface

lifebuoy.co.uk

halcyonday

majasoap

loccitane

penhaligons.co.uk

pharmacopia.net

luxbath

marius-fabre.fr

scentier

soapboxltd

soaponarope

thesoapopera

thesoapshop

thymes

woodspirits

And don't forget to check out greenladysoap.comI tried it. Greenladysoap is a member here and OMG. The soaps are luscious. They are good for your bod, gentle, smell terrific and are beautiful on top of that.

They would make a great gift, decoration, and or treat for yourself. They are packaged so that they look chic!

springcollection.jpg
bodybutter3.jpg
valentinesher.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian And don't forget to check out greenladysoap.comI tried it. Greenladysoap is a member here and OMG. The soaps are luscious. They are good for your bod, gentle, smell terrific and are beautiful on top of that.

They would make a great gift, decoration, and or treat for yourself. They are packaged so that they look chic!

springcollection.jpg
bodybutter3.jpg
valentinesher.jpg

OMG! I've never visited that site before..So many wonderful sounding scents..What's you favorite Ry?

Originally Posted by allisong OMG! I've never visited that site before..So many wonderful sounding scents..What's you favorite Ry? Hi Ali,I love the Bergamot Coriander... it smells rockin on the bathroom shelf and rockin on the bod. This lady (greenladysoap) has true talent. She designs the packaging for her own soaps and they are adorable and beautiful. I am sure these could sell on a site like sephora.com for about 10-15 bucks! They are great. I want to try the exfoliating one called Camomile Citrus.

129banner1.jpg

I have to check the site out now.... Sounds wonderful...ooooh everything looks so wonderful on the site! I'll have to place an order now, just can't decide between the scents.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ok, I couldn't resist and placed an order.
smile.gif
I'm going to as well!^5

I make handmade soaps myself. If you ladies really like what you see you should look into taking a couple of classes. It can be very tricky (using lye) but it can be very rewarding. There is nothing like handmade soaps. It still has all the natural glycerin (which most of store bought soaps it has been extracted and used for something else). Also the most harsh chemical (lye) becomes the most gentle ingredient (glycerin) after what is called saponification. You can use animal fat to make soaps - but I don't I use olive, coconut and vegtables oils. Check out some of the sites on the web (such as http://www.alcasoft.com/soapfact/history.html) to find out more on the history of soap making.

(Rouge, soapmaking(real soap- as CP) is a serius craft, and it takes years to perfect the recipes... Not to mentions a lot of time and research to get it going... You sure can do it, as any other arts and crafts...) Greenlady - Yes I know it is serious I have been doing CP for about 5 or 6 years now. But I don't do it as a business - so no worries here. I use to but my best friend took over the business - I did not have time to do it full time (and it is a full time job) I just enjoy doing it and giving it away. And you are right, it takes time and research - sorry to step on any toes. P.S. by the way your soaps are beautiful. Nice Job

Latest posts

Back