Somebody Enlighten Me Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amethyst Why do "we" need to spend $$$$ to send people to outer space? so we can have an excuse not to take care of the neediest members of society... or maybe so that we can discover some uninhabitable planet and exert our power over yet another entity...
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst

Why do "we" need to spend $$$$ to send people to outer space?

Oh that's easy. Militarizing space is a priority. That is ultimately what everyone is all after. It comes from the basic military standard that if you are ambushing from a RAISED level(above your enemy), then you have a clear advantage over them.

you know why, amthyst? because we don't need to find a cure for cancer. i mean, who cares? space is more important.

Originally Posted by Jennifer you know why, amthyst? because we don't need to find a cure for cancer. i mean, who cares? space is more important. By the way, I totally agree with you and Qurlysq.
I think priorities are out of whack in this area.

taking the pi$$? LOL, I'mm guessing that's Irish slang for drinking. Only drinking water today.

Originally Posted by Laura

Are you taking the pi$$ Tony?? Or are you being serious?

Originally Posted by Jennifer

you know why, amthyst? because we don't need to find a cure for cancer. i mean, who cares? space is more important.

Who said space is more important, Jen?

Aw shut up.. stop laughing at me!!!! Yup taking the pi$$ is another phrase for "are you trying to fool me"!

Originally Posted by Laura

Aw shut up.. stop laughing at me!!!! Yup taking the pi$$ is another phrase for "are you trying to fool me"!

LOL, omg really??? never heard that...so no I am not taking a pi$$ then
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Who said space is more important, Jen? oh, i'm just saying the government can spend more money on more important things like cancer research, etc. and stop worrying about stuff that isn't that big of a deal.

I agree with what Tonys reply was. But enough is enough with our tax dollars. We have more important things to spend on right now. Like how about Health care that most americans don't have. And don't even get me started on Medicare.

Back