Somebody Please Help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really need help. I don't know what to do!! PLEASEEE HELP ME!! =[

alright, so i've been dating this guy for about 2 years now. he's really over protective and don't really like me going anywhere or doing anything. esp. with out him. i don't have any friends anymore. i had to give them all up. he even gets mad when i go out with my mother!! MY OWN MOTHER!! i'm not allowed to go online. i have to sneak. we fight non stop over absolutely nothing sometimes. when we go out i can't even take my cell phone with me cause i'm scared someone is going to text me and it is going to start a huge fight, and i try my hardest to avoid them. i really don't know what to do. i'm so fed up anymore. i cry almost every night. he is so immature and childish. i feel like we are on two seperate pages. right now im stuck in the middle i'm going to be 21 soon and i want to live my life and have fun, and i already feel like i am missing out on alot of stuff. i try talkin to him but i don't get anywhere the fight just gets worse!! i'm thinking maybe i should move on, but i'm scared to see him with someone else. i know it sounds pathetic and stupid. but i've been with him for awhile. i just don't know what to do.

dose anyone have any advice ? =[ if so please help me because i just about had it.

I really think you should leave. He's far too controlling and if you're crying about this every night and no progress is being made, then it really is time to move on. He doesn't deserve a girlfriend if he he is just going to keep you locked up like that. He's jealous of anyone you might love more than him or anyone who he thinks would give you sensible advice to move on. I say it would be best to leave him when he's away from the house. Tell your mother or a friend that you're leaving and maybe you can stay at someone's house until you can get a place of your own or something. It will probably only get worse if he gets that angry, especially over you simply bringing your phone with you or going out with family.

It sounds like you already know deep down what you should do.

I think that his control over you like that is borderline emotional abuse. I know it's a hard decision, but I really think you should leave him. Especially since you're so young! You should be free to have fun at that age!

thank you so much for you advice. it really means so much to me that your taking your time to help someone out

you are right though. it probably is for the better. i feel terrible.. i had a friend that recently passed away in a car accident and me and her use to work together and we were friends..and at the time he didn't care for her to much and obv. didn't want me going out with her.. and well i didn't bother with her as much...now i'll never see her again..and i feel terrible that it's all my fault i let this get way out of hand.. and it made me think what am i doing? i lost a friend and i'm probably missing out on so much..i was always one to say "i'll never let that happen to me" and it did.

well you thought you were doing right at the time, how could you have known she wouldn't be able to see you again. Don't beat yourself up! I dunno what to say but if you are too in love to break up, insist he get some counseling for his drama and control issues. It sounds like he couldn't care less how you feel about much of anything as long as you do what he says and if you stay it may get worse even escalating into physical abuse. If he won't seek help to keep you, he will not change and you should run as fast as your sneakers or pumps will take you.

let him become someone else's problem, mah, if he doesn't see a problem in himself enough to change.

chicken you can't blame yourself for that death, you may have drifted apart regardless of your bf's influence.

Chicken, I agree with the others, I think deep down you know what you should do. This is a really hard thing to do by yourself so best of luck, and everyone at MUT is looking out for you
smile.gif

if you need to whinge about anything, please do send me a PM or leave me a note on my profile, whatever
biggrin.gif

He sounds controlling to me. Have you tried talking to him? Maybe he will change if you two talk things over? If talking doesn't work then I guess you already know what you should do...just make sure you tell someone close to you about it first, in case he decides to get violent.

Wow, until I joined MUT, I had no idea that young women had this as a recurring problem. (See, for example: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...ing-68472.html ) No matter how wonderful a guy is, you still need your space! You shouldn't give up your life because some guy wants you to. In fact, if he wants you to only do things with him and not have any friends or other relationships- like a healthy one with your mom, RUN, do not walk to the nearest exit!!!!!

He sounds too controlling. Please leave him because it could get worse. I've been in a similar situation in the past. He started off controlling me. He would become upset if I went out with friends, controlled every move. It escalated into emotional, verbal abuse and eventually into physical abuse. The physical abuse I suffered was sadistic and I ended up needing surgery due to it.

You deserve better! I know it is hard to leave a relationship but you will find someone who will treat you better.

I'm not trying to scare you but sometimes when women leave a controlling and/or abusive relationship, her partner can become enraged over not being able to control his partner anymore and can become very abusive, stalking etc. If you decide to leave him, I would stay with someone that he doesn't know (so he won't find you) or contact a women's shelter.

I know from my past experience, my exbf said he would change in order to make me stay. He would be good for a short time then start abusing me again. I just wanted to make you aware of this. Often abusive people do not change unless they get professional help. Or they will blame us for their behaviour and believe they do not have a problem. Just remember none of this is your fault.

I hope this helped! Were here for you. Please keep us updated.
smile.gif

I agree with anyone who has said it's time for you to go. It doesn't seem like things will get any better, and it's best to sever your ties now than keep hoping it'll get better and it gets worse. Best of luck, and know we're here for you!

hey everyone, once again. i really want to thank you all sooo much for listening and giving me such wonderful advice. you are all truely amazing and i thank each and everyone one of you for all the help.

-- i did tired talking to him plenty of times. i feel like i get no where. no matter what the situation he always turns it into it some how being my fault, and making me feel bad. im not going to lie. im not perfect. i am wrong at times.. actually i am wrong alot.. but i admit when im wrong and apologize.. but no matter what he never admits when he's wrong he just puts it all on me. makes me look bad and feel bad..i don't know how he does it, but he does it so good.

and shelley you are absolutely 110% right. about everything.

the whole break up thing kind of makes me nervous because i don't know what will happen. how he will react.. or what he will do, and i feel bad because like i said before we were together for 2 years. i know it's not THAT long but i never been so close to anyone before you know? but something needs to change because why should i have someone else controling my life for me.

Originally Posted by makeupartist2b /img/forum/go_quote.gif hey everyone, once again. i really want to thank you all sooo much for listening and giving me such wonderful advice. you are all truely amazing and i thank each and everyone one of you for all the help.

-- i did tired talking to him plenty of times. i feel like i get no where. no matter what the situation he always turns it into it some how being my fault, and making me feel bad. im not going to lie. im not perfect. i am wrong at times.. actually i am wrong alot.. but i admit when im wrong and apologize.. but no matter what he never admits when he's wrong he just puts it all on me. makes me look bad and feel bad..i don't know how he does it, but he does it so good.

and shelley you are absolutely 110% right. about everything.

the whole break up thing kind of makes me nervous because i don't know what will happen. how he will react.. or what he will do, and i feel bad because like i said before we were together for 2 years. i know it's not THAT long but i never been so close to anyone before you know? but something needs to change because why should i have someone else controling my life for me.

Exactly! You shouldn't! You're a grown woman, and you should be making decisions for yourself that will benefit YOU! I know it's easier said than done when you're on the outside looking in, but I truly think it's best to leave. You don't want to give him another 2 years (or more), and find out there was someone out there who could've treated you as you deserved to be treated!

Aquilah - yeah it is true muchhh more easier said then done lol.. and your right i don't want to give him another 2 years when i already gave him 2 and got nowhere.

maybe a fresh new year and starting over is what i need..maybe this could be a good thing.

I totally agree with everyones advise. Wow it sounds bad and should not put up with that emotional abuse. You got to leave him, as I think he will only get more and more controling.

It will also do him the world of good as well as he will learn (eventually) that he can't do that to people or they will walk.

You deserve better.

I know how hard it is to leave. As an outsider I can easily say leave right now. I'm not saying you have to leave today but start making the move towards it. If I sound nasty I don't mean to. I'm just trying to help you, prevent another woman from going through what I had to. I realize all abusers are different in their methods but if I can help someone else not suffer I will.

You mentioned "but no matter what he never admits when he's wrong he just puts it all on me. makes me look bad and feel bad..i don't know how he does it, but he does it so good. "

That is a very common behaviour of an abusive/controlling person. My ex always did this to me and true they do it so good. Almost like they brainwash the victim.

It is best not to break up with him in person. I broke up with my ex over a phone call and I didn't call from home. I went to a payphone for safety reasons. My ex was livid that we didn't discuss this in person after all the years we were together and wanted to go for a drive in the country to discuss it. I knew if I went with him I wouldn't be coming back, he would have killed me. I'm not trying to scare you or say your ex will do the same. I just wanted to caution you.

Here is a link in regards to leaving someone who is controlling/abusive. It includes a safety plan etc.. Leaving An Abusive Relationship

When I was with my ex, I had one person who encouraged me to leave. It took another 5-6 beatings before I had the courage to end it. So don't beat yourself up if you don't leave right away. But in all honesty things can get worse and I would hate to see you being controlled and abused by this man. You are young and there will be a man out there who will treat you right. For myself I am not ready for a relationship and really prefer to be single right now. Just take time for yourself to heal.

Were here for you! Hugs to you.
smile.gif

Having stated this on another thread I really want to reiterate my understanding here.

My first husband was extremely controlling and emotionally abusive. I was very in love with him anyway, so I get it, OK?

That being said. I want you to know from experience that the control issues do not get better. They get worse. Every time you let him "allow" you to do something, you are losing a part of yourself and giving him more control over you. While I'm not going to give you the "you need to leave him" answer...........b/c you WILL know if you are capable of doing that..........I will tell you that staying with him only gives him more power.

I stayed for 4 years and it took me a decade to recover. He never physically abused me but if you think that controlling you is not abuse, I want you to know that it is.

You have to decide if this is how you want to spend the rest of your life because you have the crystal ball in front of you.

Let me also add that this is not your problem, it's his problem and you can't fix him or change him.

In the end only you can make the choice. Leaving my ex husband was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. I truly loved him and did not want to be without him but I loved myself more and knew that a life with him would leave me lonely and isolated. You don't have to live that way either.

I hope that you will seriously consider the advice you have been given. You are young and beautiful and there are good men in the world who will treat you as you.....and every other woman.....deserve to be treated.

Last but not least {{{hugs}}} to you because I really do understand how hard this is.

Shelley - the advice you just gave me is so exactly right.. every single word. i never knew or talked to anyone that went through the similiar problems i am going through now. so it was hard for me cause it felt like i had no one there to talk too. which i didn't until now.. i really truely apprecaite this and you are exactly right. i feel like i've been brainwashed. i feel like i'm not a good enough person. i feel like a loser i guess you can say.. and that i'm not good enough for anyone else..kind of like no one else will want to be with me.. i've been pushing myself farther away from him lately. i've been keeping my distance, and this is making me realize i can be a strong person and leave him. however, im going to do what you did and not do it in person. i think over the phone will be the best way possible.

i am really sorry for what you have been threw. you seem like such an amazing/strong person. i am so thankful for all the helpful advice you have given me.

KellyB - thank you so much for your advice. i do feel like i lose a part of myself when i let him control me. actually, i don't even feel like the same person anymore. i feel like i am somebody else esp. around him. i think it is getting worse slowely. first it was the stop hanging out with ur friends.. then stop talking to them.. then stop going on the computer.. i really can't believe i let it go this far. and i did love him so much.. but like you said with your husband you saw yourself lonely and isolated. so do i exactly. i dont think i could ever spend the rest of my life with him knowing it will be like that, and i shouldn't have too.

thank you all so much<3 you are all really really amazingly wonderful people.

There is definitely a co-dependency dynamic that has been created between you two, and I think realizing that will be crucial to you building up enough guts to leave him.

At this point whether you want to admit it or not you are dependant upon him. He has taken away your friends, family, self-worth and so much more... and he wants you to feel that all you have is him. And you prove him right, let him win, let him have that power every time you allow him to put you down, start a fight, make you feel bad for absolutely nothing. Basically you two feed off each other. Feed off the dysfunctional reality of the relationship. Because he needs power, and you need to feel like you can fix him, save the relationship, and make things well and dandy because you fear losing the ONE thing, and the ONLY thing you think you have left. But you can't fix this... and I think maybe you are starting to understand this.

Leaving a co-dependant relationship is not easy, and easier said then done. Whenever you finally decide to leave (and hopefully you do), you need to be prepared for some rough days ahead.... but remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Realize you are a strong person.

I have been in a similar situation and everyone is right, it will only get worse. You are going to have resentment for him later for the things that he does now. His overprotective, jealous behavior can lead to worse things like physical violence. You have to get out right now; who cares who he gets with. It is bad for them and good for you. Don't communicate with him once you leave and you won't have to worry about seeing him with someone else.

Latest posts

Back