Someone Please Explain Kanye to me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really into the hip-hop scene so I only hear some of his songs. Liek someone said, he may have good messages in the songs, but it doesn't give him an excuse for a poor attitude. Celebrities are already treated like royalty, so who's going to feel sorry for a celebrity who whines and complains? Uhh not me!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif love Kanye... the man has 13 BET awards, 8 Image awards, 6 Grammies. Jesus Walks with Me was a break through song in the rap industry. He's politically outspoken, taking up issues for civil rights on all fronts including homosexualtiy (something that NEVER happens in the Hip Hop world), we all remember his criticism of the president during Katrina.
Before he was a Rapper, though, he was THE producer. Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson Jermaine Dupri, Mobb Deep, Eminem...

he produced and wrote almost all the big hits of Jay-Z's Blueprint (which could arguably be the best album of Jay-Z's career), including Izzo.

plus, he is a snappy dresser. He brought Izod back fromther dead, AND brought it into the hip hop community.

and that is why Kanye thinks he is shit dont stink...

Great to know!
But still he's a pita sometimes
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif love Kanye... the man has 13 BET awards, 8 Image awards, 6 Grammies. Jesus Walks with Me was a break through song in the rap industry. He's politically outspoken, taking up issues for civil rights on all fronts including homosexualtiy (something that NEVER happens in the Hip Hop world), we all remember his criticism of the president during Katrina.
Before he was a Rapper, though, he was THE producer. Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson Jermaine Dupri, Mobb Deep, Eminem...

he produced and wrote almost all the big hits of Jay-Z's Blueprint (which could arguably be the best album of Jay-Z's career), including Izzo.

plus, he is a snappy dresser. He brought Izod back fromther dead, AND brought it into the hip hop community.

I forgot that he produced Jay-Z's Blueprint. That is his best album by far!

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif He's self-absorbed. He acted like a little 8 year old boy who didn't get what he wanted. He comes off as a whiny little brat in my opinion....

Well said....but he still acts like a *****..lol

I like him ....he's latest hit stronger it pretty good

for me i started listening to him when he came out with

through the wire

some of my favorite songs from him are

jesus walks

diamonds

golddigger

all falls down

He comes out with great music. The album with common in which he produced most of the tracks is the sickest ive heard in a long time. He is different, and flaunts it. I agree his personality seems out of whack sometimes, and I honestly think its an act to get more publicity, and hey its working. Or may be hes one of those psycho geniuses?

Honestly, I've paid little or no attention to his music. I hear he's good though. But, he seems like an arrogant, spoiled whiny celebrity to me. Grow up!

i mean he talks a lot of trash but he backs it up with great performance so i can't argue with him there

however, i do think he could have handled some situations a wee bit more mature IMO

I don't even know who this guy is. But then again, I loathe all rap and hiphop music.

oh that man definitely has whining issues... as a matter of fact, for the first few years, jay-z refused to let him rap because he has an attitude problem...

but i dont really care. i love all the albums, it's not like he's being and A-hole to ME. there are plenty of crazy divas out there in the world, we can have a "divo" too.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh that man definitely has whining issues... as a matter of fact, for the first few years, jay-z refused to let him rap because he has an attitude problem...but i dont really care. i love all the albums, it's not like he's being and A-hole to ME. there are plenty of crazy divas out there in the world, we can have a "divo" too.

Did you see him on the emmys last night? He was great.

I used to be a Kanye fan...he was my fave Hip-Hop Artist. Then he turned into a completely self-absorbed diva. His tantrums and personality have been such a turnoff for me that I won't even listen to his music. I am not denying his talent, but there is something to be said for being Humble.

If your gonna rap about the issues going on in the world and break barriers with your music, then why would you want to be an arrogant whinbag because no one is giving you enough credit. It looks to me like if he were a true artist his first priority would be to get his message across. Not getting a moon man on MTV! If you are sending out the right message in your music then you will be recognized for it and people will respect you for it. If you cry about not getting enough awards or not getting enough TV time you just seem selfish and people will stop believing in your music. Just my opinion.

At the end of the day......All stars ( music or hollywood) know that NO PRESS IS BAD PRESS. It doesnt matter what hey do....we are still sitting here talking about them, and that is the goal. And it doesnt matter whats put out there , SOMEONE will like it (Kfed being the exception haha) Its the same with fashion, theres a buttload of ugly shit out there, but because of the name attached to it, some people will wear it (see the ugly ass shoes in the LAMB thread).

I seen Kanye live, only because he opened for the Stones. He did do a good live show, and there is talent there, its just not my style.

He has some good music and he has talent, my point is why can't he let that speak for itself. I think the publicity hes getting from the MTV thing etc is all negative. It turns people against him. I know they say any publicity is good publicity, but I just don't buy that! But hes doing just fine, last I checked he was out selling 50 cent!

Latest posts

Back