Someone Please Explain Kanye to me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, first off, where did this guy come from? Why is he such a big deal?

The first I heard of him was Golddigger, a song that was awesome because of Jamie Foxx, imo. Now he's acting like he's some kind of music messiah?

Please, if I'm missing something, someone please tell me because I'm pretty much clueless.
wassatt.gif

lmao!!!
laughing.gif

Okay, cause from all these reports of his interviews and actions I just though there was some reason why he thought he was so important? I'm kinda like . . .wtf did I miss?

Basically his songs are a liittle bit more than just : my car is bigger, i have more money and more ladies than you, i do drugs in the club and party all night long; he actually has some pretty decent thoughts on some songs, and they're quite nice for a hip hop but still, he isn't the last Coke of the desert (a brazilian phrase) - he gives himself way too much credit.

And ITA with Shaundra

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kanye West is the only one who thinks Kanye West is a big deal. lol. That's my opinion. Ever since I saw him on Punk'd, I really couldn't stand him. He just makes himself look worse and worse to me every time he opens his mouth. I've never been a fan of his!

I love that last Coke of the desert phrase
smile.gif
. He does have some decent thoughts on some of his songs, but he is way overblown and majorly conceited.

Kanye West is a big-headed fool! He thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread!! Now I do like some of his music............but I guess he just really wants that moonman. Maybe MTV should just give him.

I don't like him very much, and I am all the time like wtf is so great about him? My friend Tyler loves him, he says it's because he talks about real issues, but whatever. I don't think he's cool at all, and when you see him perform I think he sucks.

He is just different I guess and appeals to both pop and hip hop. The fact that he is kind of a jerk and a drama queen makes him more popular because people still talk about him.

I am Kanye West fan and althought I at times don't understand his diva ways, his music is different than other hip-hop artists. Like someone mentioned, in his songs it isn't about gangstas and hos. He has gone through a lot (he was in a really bad car accident) and I think he just doesn't know when to censor himself. I love his new song Stronger.

He's self-absorbed. He acted like a little 8 year old boy who didn't get what he wanted.

yeah, he's been around quite a while. anyone that's into hip hop knows who he is, for the most part.. so, i'd say that he's a pretty big deal. he's pretty talented, if you ask me. yeah, he's arrogant.. but, that's hollywood for ya. alot of celebs are arrogant. they're just too arrogant to address it lol..

He seems to do only do music just so he can be awarded for it or praised.

Now, can someone explain to me his wardrobe?

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah, he's been around quite a while. anyone that's into hip hop knows who he is, for the most part.. so, i'd say that he's a pretty big deal. he's pretty talented, if you ask me. yeah, he's arrogant.. but, that's hollywood for ya. alot of celebs are arrogant. they're just too arrogant to address it lol.. Aye aye!

Well, it's true I'm not up on more recent hip hop artists at all, I prefer the older stuff (pre-2000's) so that may explain my cluelessness!
tongue.gif

I like alot of the newer stuff too, don't get me wrong! But whenever I wanna get pumped or whenever I'm getting ready to go out, the first song I put on is Hypnotize by Biggie . . . which is probably the mother of all songs about cars and hoes! LOL "**** and bras, menage-a-trois, sex in expensive cars"

I'm getting ready to go out now actually . . . guess what's playing?
biggrin.gif

love Kanye... the man has 13 BET awards, 8 Image awards, 6 Grammies. Jesus Walks with Me was a break through song in the rap industry. He's politically outspoken, taking up issues for civil rights on all fronts including homosexualtiy (something that NEVER happens in the Hip Hop world), we all remember his criticism of the president during Katrina.

Before he was a Rapper, though, he was THE producer. Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson Jermaine Dupri, Mobb Deep, Eminem...

he produced and wrote almost all the big hits of Jay-Z's Blueprint (which could arguably be the best album of Jay-Z's career), including Izzo.

plus, he is a snappy dresser. He brought Izod back fromther dead, AND brought it into the hip hop community.

and that is why Kanye thinks he is shit dont stink...

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's my opinion. Ever since I saw him on Punk'd, I really couldn't stand him. He just makes himself look worse and worse to me every time he opens his mouth. I've never been a fan of his! Yeah the same for me, I never liked him.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif love Kanye... the man has 13 BET awards, 8 Image awards, 6 Grammies. Jesus Walks with Me was a break through song in the rap industry. He's politically outspoken, taking up issues for civil rights on all fronts including homosexualtiy (something that NEVER happens in the Hip Hop world), we all remember his criticism of the president during Katrina.
Before he was a Rapper, though, he was THE producer. Alicia Keyes, Janet Jackson Jermaine Dupri, Mobb Deep, Eminem...

he produced and wrote almost all the big hits of Jay-Z's Blueprint (which could arguably be the best album of Jay-Z's career), including Izzo.

plus, he is a snappy dresser. He brought Izod back fromther dead, AND brought it into the hip hop community.

and that is why Kanye thinks he is shit dont stink...

Okay, first of all, Thank You for that post because I wasn't aware of any of that and it explains a lot. Seriously, I just thought he was some guy. Although, I still don't think it gives him the right to be so arrogant . . . And now I know I am stuck in the nineties still because when I think of great producer I think of Dre :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back