Sometimes I think I'm having a "Bad Day"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
. . . But then I get reminded of what a bad day really is:

A resident removes debris from her home after Hurricane Dean passed through Kingston, Jamaica, on Monday.

deanJamaica.jpg

scared.gif

When i think of that stuff it usually makes my "Bad days" worse. Cause then i feel bad for feeling ungrateful or whatever & then i feel bad for them And can't stop thinking of how sorry i feel for them and how i wish i could help.

yeah, I feel like jess.. i feel worse cos then I feel like my problems are so lame and trivial. That poor lady.

Originally Posted by Jesskaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif When i think of that stuff it usually makes my "Bad days" worse. Cause then i feel bad for feeling ungrateful or whatever & then i feel bad for them And can't stop thinking of how sorry i feel for them and how i wish i could help. Yeahh, that's how my mind usually works too
frown.gif

Amazing!!! I've been through plenty of huricanes when I lived in TX and tornados when I lived in Michigan and flooding here in PA to have first hand knowledge of that kind of devistation and the helpless feeling it brings... We lost our big barn and almost our house to a tornado when I was young!! Very scarry hiding in the basement!!!

That's another reason I live on top of a hill, in an area that gets one tornado every decade and no huricanes!!!!

Karren

Originally Posted by Jesskaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif When i think of that stuff it usually makes my "Bad days" worse. Cause then i feel bad for feeling ungrateful or whatever & then i feel bad for them And can't stop thinking of how sorry i feel for them and how i wish i could help. me too

Really? When I see something like this it makes me feel so much better. I always thank fate for the reminder that there are people much worse off than I am. I'd rather have a reminder like that and let go of the importance I give life's trivialities than hold on to them.

After posting this yesterday I went through my closet and linens and got a bag of clothes together to drop by at the salvation army today! There are no hurricane ravaged areas around here, but there are still many people in need! I feel so much better now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I see things like this it makes me put things in their proper perspective. I see how trivial my complaints are and it reminds me to be more thankful and to stop whining so much...because as Kee stated, there is always someone somewhere who is worse off than I am. And if these people can rebuild not only their homes, but their lives and spirits who am I to let my "problems" get the best of me. Relative to this type of loss and pain and many other type of losses, my issues are nothing and I should remember that. Ditto

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I see things like this it makes me put things in their proper perspective. I see how trivial my complaints are and it reminds me to be more thankful and to stop whining so much...because as Kee stated, there is always someone somewhere who is worse off than I am. And if these people can rebuild not only their homes, but their lives and spirits who am I to let my "problems" get the best of me. Relative to this type of loss and pain and many other type of losses, my issues are nothing and I should remember that. I agree, it definitely puts thing sin perspective. Sometimes I just need that "slap in the face" to wake me up from my own little world.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree, it definitely puts thing sin perspective. Sometimes I just need that "slap in the face" to wake me up from my own little world. I can understand that. It's the same way for me-- though I can't help feeling guilty that I have it so good compared to some people going through such tragedies at the same time.

I feel so horrible for the people who have lost their homes, cars and loved ones to Mother Nature's furies. But I'm with ya Kee, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not having such a bad day afterall and I try to help out where I can for those in need, also.

We all need a real slap in the face to realize how lucky we are. I deserve an award for being sorry for myself--but we need to realize that others are so much worse than we are. Sometime when you are having a bad day, walk down the street and just smile at someone-you might make their day brighter. As Kee said, clean out a closet and give something to someone. And never forget the power of touch: if you can just calm someone that is hurting, dry someones tears, bear the brunt of someones elses load, do that. I think we all need to remember to be compassionate.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really? When I see something like this it makes me feel so much better. I always thank fate for the reminder that there are people much worse off than I am. I'd rather have a reminder like that and let go of the importance I give life's trivialities than hold on to them.
After posting this yesterday I went through my closet and linens and got a bag of clothes together to drop by at the salvation army today! There are no hurricane ravaged areas around here, but there are still many people in need! I feel so much better now
smile.gif

Now, some of me does see it that way. But sometimes, I see it to be extremely upsetting that not everybody has such small problems like i do. And some people have worse. That upsets me.

My son is now living in New Orleans and I worry about him,not because of the potential hurricanes,but because of the aftermath that is still going on from Katrina,The Quarter is still not very safe at night.He has seen a lot of beatings etc outside his workplace.

Latest posts

Back