Soo pale!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a new foundation the other day. I ended up getting Diorskin Fluide in 100 (I really should´t have bought it, since it has so strong fragrance but at least the smell wears of in about 2 hours and I can´t really toss it when it´s pretty expensive).

The thing is it made me realise how extremely pale I am under my freckles, firs I thought that I had gotten a too pale color, but it isn´t paler than my skin, it´s actually quite yellow. Finally I realised that since it does such a good job at neutralise the redness in my skin and tone down some of my freckles that I for once see the true color of my skin and that´s VERY, VERY PALE. I think it will takes some time getting used to, but it does make me look good (a little like a porcelain doll from a little distance). You learn something new everyday i guess
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I wonder if I will be able to wear this later in the summer when a get a little color (very little, but at least I get a little bit darker than an aspirin
icon_biggrin.gif
). And the reason for buying this was that I wanted someting not so heavy to wear in the summer. I really was looking for Cliniques gentle light foundation and powder (the new t/m was to dark for me), and actually went to an other town to get this, only to find that they had stopped selling it
icon_sad.gif

//Jenny

Enjoy your foundation,in the summer you can just use a pin drop of bronzer to add some color.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hehe, I know that porcelain doll feeling, about half of the brands of foundation I've tried, their lightest color is too dark for me .... I don't really mind my face being pale as long as I can find mu that looks good on me, but now that it's summer, I'm again reminded of how blindingly white my legs are .... but I guess that's I get for choosing a major that requires me to spend all day in the computer labs! lol Back in high school I actually had a little tan from playing sports ...

i had that foundation (in the same color, too) and it was SO heavily fragranced, i gave it away, not caring how much it was, and the person i gave it to ended up throwing it out because it was gross.

i thought it was a bit pale on me.

Glad you found a great match!!
smile.gif

It's better to be pale and have your foundation match than to be pale and wearing a foundation that's too dark. I've had the same experience as you - I didn't realize how light my skin had become until I saw my current foundation was too dark and I got the right color. I was like DANG, LOL!! Still, it's not so bad.

Back