Sorority

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was talking with my friend about sororites and how I wish there was one I could join that was fashion/makeup oriented.

So basically it would be like Makeuptalk, only in real life and there would be events like a trip to the mall of america, makeup classes, meet a makeup artist day, things like that.

I wish there was something like that at my university.

What could it be called?

Well it wouldnt be a sorority (since those are founded based on greek ideals and are a totally different thing) but a club. You can start one at your university. Just go to your clubs and organizations (dont know what you guys call it there) and find out how you go about starting one.

That would be great, but I imagine it'd be pretty dangerous for the wallet!

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never like sororities or cared for them, but i'd totally join a makeuptalk one! Whats wrong with sororities?

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Whats wrong with sororities? I hear alot of people say "Sororities is when you pay for friends."

My sister was in one and I went to the house a couple of times. Everyone was kind. The house was huge!

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never like sororities or cared for them, but i'd totally join a makeuptalk one! ditto

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never like sororities or cared for them, but i'd totally join a makeuptalk one! haha
x2

Originally Posted by joybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hear alot of people say "Sororities is when you pay for friends."
My sister was in one and I went to the house a couple of times. Everyone was kind. The house was huge!

Yeah I never saw it as that. All our dues went to the upkeep of our chapter (house maintance, house rental, room rentals for meetings, supplies for events, etc). Really the dues are there for the administrative end of the sorority. And yes it does sometimes go for fun (formals, exchanges, date parties, and even a fun sisterhood event at Disneyland!)
My dues never covered all the sleep-overs, the phone calls, the crazy nights at the supermarket, going to las vegas, having an amazing network of alumni (I found my job through my sorority) who are great contacts for my career. I was proud to maintain a great GPA (GPA requirements are very important to stay in one) and am able to use the skills I gained being in one (PR and Social Committee and Chapter Treasurer got me my job). And lets not forget the philanthropy aspect of it - we did the Aids Walk and The Arthritis Walk every year. We supported other philanthropies of the other greeks on campus. And we do fund raisers for current event issues (Katrina and the Wildfires)

I know its not for everyone - and there is always a lot of stigma and stereotypes about sororities (HAZING IS ILLEGAL) but there are tons of websites out there for the curious in regards to what being in a sorority really entails. Just because one chapter or house does it one way, does not mean it goes for all others. And there are a lot of great girls in them. One cant get along with everyone but I know I have friends - no - sisters for life. Ones who will be invited to my wedding (if I decide on one) and be my brides maids and be there until the day I die (seriously - I met an 80+ year old at our Founders day and she came with her 60something daughter - both of them still active and proud to be in a sorority).

I was never in a sorority
scared.gif
... but I raised Hell in my fraternity
rotfl.gif

It was a long time ago and it was great fun! They wouldn't believe it if they could see me as you see me.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was never in a sorority
scared.gif
... but I raised Hell in my fraternity
rotfl.gif
It was a long time ago and it was great fun! They wouldn't believe it if they could see me as you see me.

You must have been in "I Felta Thigh" hahaha
Hey there's a sorority for hetro crossdressers.... Tri Ess...... Tri-Ess Home Page

Latest posts

Back