Sources Claim Barry Manilow Lying About 'View' Boycott

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EW YORK, New York (September 17, 2007) " The man who writes the songs won't be singing any of them on "The View" " or at least as long as Elisabeth Hasselbeck is there.

Barry Manilow says he has backed out of his scheduled appearance on the morning talk show after the show refused to pull Hasselbeck from the interview, Access Hollywood has learned.

Manilow, a long time friend of Rosie O'Donnell, posted the following message on his Web site:

"I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback [sic]. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out. It's really too bad because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs. The good news is that I will be on a whole slew of other shows promoting the new album so I hope you can catch me on those."

However, sources close to "The View" claim Manilow is lying.

Sources told Access the show is the one who cancelled the booking because they would not allow the "Copacabana" singer to dictate who would interview him.

In addition, the appearance has been scheduled since July (which is after Rosie left the show) and that Manilow has appeared twice on the show in the past with Hasselbeck on the panel.

The sources suggest Manilow is causing a stir in order to create a buzz as his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies," is getting ready to debut.

Access has reached out to "The View" for an official comment and is awaiting a response.

In an interview with Access Hollywood last week, Manilow talked about his new album " and the duet he recorded with his pal Rosie.

The two recorded Elton John's "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," however, the track didn't make the new album.

"It was the most fun I've had in a long time. She is just inspiring because you know she's not a singer. She knows that, but she just got behind the microphone and ripped away. She was great and in tune too," Manilow said of Rosie. "The problem was, as I put the album together, it became a very romantic album. And having this thing come crashing in out of nowhere, the tone just didn't feel right. It'll probably wind up being a bonus cut somewhere."

Does this seem a bit childish or what?

I don't see how Elizabeth interviewing him would compromise his beliefs. But it's also kind of stupid that the show wouldn't change who interviewed him if he wasn't comfortable with Elizabeth.

Oh, well. Whatever. lol.

Quote:
I don't see how Elizabeth interviewing him would compromise his beliefs. But it's also kind of stupid that the show wouldn't change who interviewed him if he wasn't comfortable with Elizabeth.
Oh, well. Whatever. lol.

I agree completely!!

it's clear that he's friends with rosie, so what else would you expect! anyway, the view has already lost so much credibility with me until i don't even care! sorry

Elizabeth is annoying but its not like he has to talk to her. Anyways I watched today and it said that he will reschedule and that he cant have an interview is all four are present.

Latest posts

Back