South Beach Diet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anyone tried the South Beach Diet? Is it similar to Atkins? My husband and I have tried it - actually, we were doing really well before we moved into our house (we had to eat whatever was left in our apartment right before LOL). He's almost to his goal; of course he only wanted to lose 15 lbs. He's lost almost 10! I've surprisingly (because I wasn't trying as hard as he was) lost about 10 lbs, as well! I'd like to lose a few more, though. I'm not heavy, people don't think I look like I need to lose weight, but I've got a little gut that hides well, and I want it *gone!*
I'm not usually a big meat eater - I *love* veggies and fruit. However, after a life-threatening order last summer, I've been diagnosed as anemic, and because iron doesn't bind wel to my body, I need to eat as much iron-filled things as I can. So now, we eat mostly chicken and pork every day, and maybe lean beef once a week to give me an extra boost.

I'll let you know how it keeps going! The hardest thing has been cutting out the bread, but yet we're loving lettuce wraps, and cutting out the bread has been what's made the most impact!
smile.gif

Well, when I last weighed myself, I had lost about 10 lbs. on South Beach. And that wasn't even really trying to do it - I've been kind of lax with the diet since we moved. I think I'll try harder, so I can fit in the dress I'm dreaming of for my hubby's high school reunion! *Eat your hearts out, ladies - he's mine!* LOL

Wow! That's great that you lost some weight. Weight is always tough to keep in control. I'm hearing more and more these days about people trying the South Beach Diet as an alternative to Atkins. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anyone tried the South Beach Diet? Is it similar to Atkins? Just watched something about Atkins and SouthBeach diets on the Food network..Southbeach diet is based on Atkins but it's not as lenient apparently..You go threw phases where like the first 1 or 2 or only eat veggies then after this phase you reintroduce good carbs back into your diet..They weighed points for and against both plans..It was very interesting..I had no desire to try it till I watched this show..I think I try the Atkins version..Seems more my speed

I tried it with a couple of girls at work, and it didnt seem to work well with any of us. Phase 1 is very hard although I managed to lose some pounds. Everyone is different so I encourage anyone who is interested to try, it wont hurt but for me it honestly made me weak and frail the first week or so. What I do now is just watch my carb intake.

Didja lose any wieght? How much did you weigh before the diet, then how much were you after?

Originally Posted by beautygirl

I recently tried the South beach diet. The first two weeks are incredibly strict. You are not allowed to eat any fruit or drink fruit juice. No bread, rice,pasta,grains, oatmeal, etc. I work out a ton, and I was just exhausted on this diet. The basic idea is good- cut out the refined sugars, and processed carbs, but no fruit!! I couldn't handle not having my 2 apples a day- plus I think those carbs are good carbs. You're eventually allowed to add the healthy carbs back in, but I decided to just go back to eating carbs in moderation and trying to choose the best ones for the amount of activity that I do.

Originally Posted by beautygirl I recently tried the South beach diet. The first two weeks are incredibly strict. You are not allowed to eat any fruit or drink fruit juice. No bread, rice,pasta,grains, oatmeal, etc. I work out a ton, and I was just exhausted on this diet. The basic idea is good- cut out the refined sugars, and processed carbs, but no fruit!! I couldn't handle not having my 2 apples a day- plus I think those carbs are good carbs. You're eventually allowed to add the healthy carbs back in, but I decided to just go back to eating carbs in moderation and trying to choose the best ones for the amount of activity that I do. My husband and I found out that you can go directly to Phase 2, though you may not lose weight as quickly as starting with Phase 1. He loves milk, so we cut everything but that, and have a glass a day. We buy one gallon per week, instead of 3! I've just recently started having a slice of bread now and then, rarely pasta, and I need fruit (mainly fruit with Vitamin C and cranberries, because I'm extremely susceptable to UTIs), and I've still been losing weight. In fact, in the last 2 months, I've lost about 15 lbs. that I'd accumulated while on Birth control pills a year ago. Now I've just got 10-12 more pounds I'd like to lose.
We've learned that we can have things like No Sugar Added hot cocoa, because it doesn't have extra sugars. It's all in moderation. It's worked for my mom, and my husband and me, but may not always work for everyone.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea

My husband and I found out that you can go directly to Phase 2, though you may not lose weight as quickly as starting with Phase 1. He loves milk, so we cut everything but that, and have a glass a day. We buy one gallon per week, instead of 3! I've just recently started having a slice of bread now and then, rarely pasta, and I need fruit (mainly fruit with Vitamin C and cranberries, because I'm extremely susceptable to UTIs), and I've still been losing weight. In fact, in the last 2 months, I've lost about 15 lbs. that I'd accumulated while on Birth control pills a year ago. Now I've just got 10-12 more pounds I'd like to lose.
We've learned that we can have things like No Sugar Added hot cocoa, because it doesn't have extra sugars. It's all in moderation. It's worked for my mom, and my husband and me, but may not always work for everyone.

smile.gif

ON those BCs, so many girls use them. What do you think happned in your case with them?

You make a great point. Pounds are not what you are looking for,its inches. How your clothes fit is a great indication. I was watching Oprah yesterday which had Winona Judd trying to lose weight and they recommended the same thing. Bottom line- dont rely on the scale!!

Speaking of dieting.............just read this thought it was interesting ...............

SPIRITUAL WEIGHT LOSS IS A HEALING PROCESS

Written by Gillian MacBeth-Louthan

Weight loss is a healing process not designed or destined to be rushed or cut away like harvesting a forest.

Imagine yourself going through each room of your home. Looking at all that you have accumulated. Each item represents something or someone you once loved a memory, a gift. Some of your thoughts may be sweet others funny and then others sad. Each item has an emotion, a memory and energy behind it.

Imagine your body the same way. Each ounce of it represents your thoughts and the

Creators thoughts about you and for you. Sixteen ounces of thought equal a pound of emotion. The more thoughts the more emotions the more pounds. Each representing something you decided to hold onto until you were ready to let it go.

Since thoughts form things those past emotions that you have not released or cleared began to form extra body weight. Not an extra arm or leg or head, but extra flesh in the form of adipose tissue. How much is a pound of flesh really worth? How many emotions and memories are contained in an extra pound of body weight?? Could scientist ever figure

that one out??

Look how much you are still holding on to. Who is it, why is it, and who and what does it still serve? Why are you still carrying it around and how does that help you to become a better person or Lightworkers?

Step back for just a moment and look at yourself fully. See every ounce of body weight as

an emotion that needs to filtered through the human mind. As an energy that needs to be released through the human body. Look at where you still hold your tears, fears and angers. Your body is a repository for situations and memories that still need healing. We can blame genetics, carbs, fatty foods, our parents or Macdonald's for all that we still cling on to, but you and I know the truth behind the extra few pounds of matter.

It is not time to lose weight (as it always seems to find you in the hide and go seek game

of life) it is time to heal what emotion is hidden in that pound of flesh that we are holding

captive. It does not mean you have to gear up and submerge yourself in the cesspool of the past, but you do need to stand on the shoreline of self and wave good bye as you wish those pounds of emotion bon voyage.

The human body is a sacred space that holds our weighty emotions prisoner until those emotions are loved enough to be released on good behavior. Who and what do we still hold as poisons and prisoners in the body, mind and spirit?

How much energy does one pound of body weight hold? How many thoughts and sadnesses and angers did it take to make that extra pound? How much time did it take to create it? All that is thick and dense and connected to the past is ready to change form.

You and you alone are the only one that can make that happen.

Are you ready to truly let go in the now? The mother earth is ready to ascend in thought

and action through you. Are we each the sandbags that are holding her down and keeping

her earth bound? If we let go will she? If we become lighter will she?

2004 is about bringing heaven to earth through the human awareness and the human body. Karma is filtered through the body and mind; light is filtered through the body and mind and love needs a place to land within the body and mind. See the vibration of self-love as the bulldozer that clears the terrain of your past. All weight comes from the past it cannot exist in the future without your say so. There is a great light that yearns to be

released within each extra pound of body weight that no longer serves us. Are we the world holding the light we are seeking? Is it hiding within our physical form where it is of no value to anyone or anything?

By lightening your body, clearing your thoughts and releasing emotional baggage without digging through it we assist all of the universe in becoming more. We do not need to become more by adding extra poundage. It is time to think light, pack light and portray light on all levels of body mind and soul.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anyone tried the South Beach Diet? Is it similar to Atkins?

Guys, do any of ye know a good site that has more info on South Beach.. I'm not familiar with it at all but ive 8 weeks to lose weight!!

Latest posts

Back