South Coast Plaza shopping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went shopping at South Coast Plaza with my friend today, and tagged along while she had a makeover at the Stila Pro Store. It was actually fun to just watch, instead of having my makeup done. Nicole (the MA) did a great job, and was really nice about explaining what she was doing for us. She made applying makeup look so easy! My friend tried the new Bronze Hankie palette which is really pretty
smile.gif
and the copper lash/line also looked nice.

I was good, and didn't buy anything today! Been spending too much lately
icon_sad.gif
and I like that the MA's at the Pro Store aren't pushy at all.

We also checked out the new MAC stuff, but weren't that impressed. I don't think I would use a glitter eyeliner that much, and haven't had much luck with pigments. The glitter palette was adorable, but I know I don't need it!

Nordstrom also had the Clinique Superbalm set, which I'm totally lemming now! You get 4 full-size superbalms for $20 (usually these are $10.50 each, so great deal!)

We also stopped by Bath&Body Works, and got to meet Dr. Murad! The products sound nice, but are really pricy. So I just got some BBW brand eye cream. I also got some Rosemary Mint Shampoo at the Aveda store, which smells wonderful! I'll review this after I try it!

Just wanted to share
smile.gif

Sounds like fun!! I've walked passed the Stila store several times but have never gone in there. I saw the new Bronze palette and it looks really pretty.

Sounds like fun! I've never been to a Stila Pro store but I would love to.

You didn't like the MAC Rock it collection? God I love it! But they just recalled the glitter liners, can you believe it! I guess the glitter is dangerous around the eye area, hello! didn't they think about that beforehand? Anyway, Sounds like you had a good time, Stila is a brand that I overlook a lot, no reason in particular, I have to go check them out at my Nordstroms counter more often.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I went shopping at South Coast Plaza with my friend today, and tagged along while she had a makeover at the Stila Pro Store. It was actually fun to just watch, instead of having my makeup done. Nicole (the MA) did a great job, and was really nice about explaining what she was doing for us. She made applying makeup look so easy! My friend tried the new Bronze Hankie palette which is really pretty
smile.gif
and the copper lash/line also looked nice. I was good, and didn't buy anything today! Been spending too much lately
icon_sad.gif
and I like that the MA's at the Pro Store aren't pushy at all.

We also checked out the new MAC stuff, but weren't that impressed. I don't think I would use a glitter eyeliner that much, and haven't had much luck with pigments. The glitter palette was adorable, but I know I don't need it!

Nordstrom also had the Clinique Superbalm set, which I'm totally lemming now! You get 4 full-size superbalms for $20 (usually these are $10.50 each, so great deal!)

We also stopped by Bath&Body Works, and got to meet Dr. Murad! The products sound nice, but are really pricy. So I just got some BBW brand eye cream. I also got some Rosemary Mint Shampoo at the Aveda store, which smells wonderful! I'll review this after I try it!

Just wanted to share
smile.gif

Wow, I can't believe you've never been in the Stila Pro store! That's like the main reason I go to SCP
icon_lol.gif
Otherwise I usually go to Brea, since it's closer and I know more of the Nordie's MA's.

But you should check out the Stila store sometime. The MA's are always really nice and helpful. There are also some eyeshadows that are exclusive to the pro stores, and there are some really pretty shades! And if you go during the week, it's usually not as busy and they can spend more time helping you try on colors. They've also been having makeover events about once a month. They like you to buy a few things if you attend an event though.

Anyway, we should go shopping together sometime
icon_smile.gif
always fun to go shopping with other makeup junkies!

Oh, and someone at Sephora said they are discontinuing Shu! Didn't seem like there were any sales, but they are running out of stuff. I don't think they'll have Shu after this month.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Sounds like fun!! I've walked passed the Stila store several times but have never gone in there. I saw the new Bronze palette and it looks really pretty.

Latest posts

Back