Spa Experience

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Wednesday I had my first all day spa experience. I went the Elizabeth Arden Spa in Weschester, NY. The place is truly beautiful and they truly pamper you once you step in the door. First I had the massage which I will sum up in one word "AMAZING". Next came the facial which was nice, especially when she was massaging my face, the cleaning pores part hurt a bit. She checked my skin and suggested some things I can use, which was helpful. Next was the lunch which was just ok because I was so hungry and soo not in the mood for salad!! ( what i had in mind was a double cheeseburger with fries and a shake
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) Manicure came next which I can have done without (especially since my nails have already chipped). Last was the makeup application which I could have also done without. The "makeup artist" (who thought it was cute to continously play with my hair) wanted to give me a dramatic look and I insisted that I wanted a clean simple look. That didnt go well. Overall the experience was nice but I would only do the massage and facial next time.

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day overall! Massage and facials are my favorite too. I hate pedicures, everytime I get it done I'm checking my watch wondering when it'll be over LOL! Elizabeth Arden has a great reputation, lucky girl!

Originally Posted by shoediva On Wednesday I had my first all day spa experience. I went the Elizabeth Arden Spa in Weschester, NY. The place is truly beautiful and they truly pamper you once you step in the door. First I had the massage which I will sum up in one word "AMAZING". Next came the facial which was nice, especially when she was massaging my face, the cleaning pores part hurt a bit. She checked my skin and suggested some things I can use, which was helpful. Next was the lunch which was just ok because I was so hungry and soo not in the mood for salad!! ( what i had in mind was a double cheeseburger with fries and a shake
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) Manicure came next which I can have done without (especially since my nails have already chipped). Last was the makeup application which I could have also done without. The "makeup artist" (who thought it was cute to continously play with my hair) wanted to give me a dramatic look and I insisted that I wanted a clean simple look. That didnt go well. Overall the experience was nice but I would only do the massage and facial next time.

Sounds like a great overall experience.
smile.gif
I'm glad you got to experience it! I don't care for manicures either. I can't stand my anyone touching my feet actually so I have to do my own manicures.

Originally Posted by shoediva On Wednesday I had my first all day spa experience. I went the Elizabeth Arden Spa in Weschester, NY. The place is truly beautiful and they truly pamper you once you step in the door. First I had the massage which I will sum up in one word "AMAZING". Next came the facial which was nice, especially when she was massaging my face, the cleaning pores part hurt a bit. She checked my skin and suggested some things I can use, which was helpful. Next was the lunch which was just ok because I was so hungry and soo not in the mood for salad!! ( what i had in mind was a double cheeseburger with fries and a shake
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) Manicure came next which I can have done without (especially since my nails have already chipped). Last was the makeup application which I could have also done without. The "makeup artist" (who thought it was cute to continously play with my hair) wanted to give me a dramatic look and I insisted that I wanted a clean simple look. That didnt go well. Overall the experience was nice but I would only do the massage and facial next time. I'm not too impressed. Maybe next time you should just get a massage and let that lady play with someone else's hair and pick at someone else's face. You're a brave woman, ShOeDiVA ... to have a salad like that when you wanted real food. If they used real psychology, they'd know that rabbit food is not the way to go after you've had a massage and a pick fest! I hear ya. I lived vicariously through that one. We salute you!
muthamburger.gif
mutcola.gif

I have never in my life got a pedicure. I cannot stand anyone touching my feet......my friends think I'm crazy buts thats just me. I rather do my own. Manicures maybe once in awhile. I useto get the silk wrap and tips until I realized it was messing up my real nails not I got "natural" (may not look as pretty but oh well).

The place is truly beautiful, and the only reason I went was because it was last years mothers day gift and it was about to expire LOL

Well it was actually a very flamboyant male who was playing with my hair which made it even more wierd LOL What I could have used for lunch was a shot of tequila LOL J/K it wasnt too bad for my first experience.

Originally Posted by shoediva Well it was actually a very flamboyant male who was playing with my hair which made it even more wierd LOL What I could have used for lunch was a shot of tequila LOL J/K it wasnt too bad for my first experience. Heheh. Ok. LOL... I can picture this flamboyant guy fluffing up your hair. Are you sure he wasn't Austin Powers?

I'm glad your first time was O.K.........I have always wanted to go to a Spa one day, but I think this year, I'm going to stop saying what I'm going to do, instead I'm going to get out there and do it.....so I'll let you know if my first experience was ok or not. I'm going to definitely listen to your advice though and just get a massage and facial....lol.

oh man i need to go to a spa i never been to one, thats great you liked it except the food and makeup and all of that :icon_love

Latest posts

Back