Speaking of Uncle Jesse

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Uncle Jesse Admitted to "ER"

Tue Sep 20, 5:24 PM ET

On the same day ex-wife Rebecca Romijn confirmed her engagement to Jerry O'Connell, John Stamos has checked in to a hospital.

But don't break out those get-well cards. The erstwhile Uncle Jesse is scrubbing in for a guest stint on ER, NBC announced.

Stamos will appear in two episodes this season, playing a Gulf War vet turned paramedic who's working his way through medical school.

"I'm a big fan of the show and [executive producer] John Wells, and we have been trying to work together for a long time," Stamos told the Hollywood Reporter. "I appreciate that everyone was able to work it out so I could do this great guest spot on ER in time to start the second season of Jake in Progress."

"Great" as the guest starring turn may be, it wasn't what producers originally had in mind for the erstwhile Uncle Jesse.

Last spring, E! Online TV columnist Kristin Veitch reported that Stamos was being courted for a full-time gig in County General. A permanent residency was considered a sure thing for the veteran sitcom star until ABC placed a last-minute second-season order for the ratings-challenged Jake in Progress.

Limited run or not, producers have high hopes for Stamos' star appeal: His episodes will air during the all-important fall sweeps period, Nov. 10 and 17.

The former Full House star isn't the only visitor being admitted to ER. Stamos joins previously announced additions John Leguizamo, set to "shake up the ER with cutting-edge ideas and innovative technology," and Kristen Johnston, who'll don scrubs of her own for at least six episodes.

The trio will help fill the void left by the departure of Noah Wyle last season.

Stamos' ER debut will mark his second teaming with Wells. They previously paired up for the independent Macaulay Culkin-starring drama Party Monster, in which Stamos had a cameo role as a talk-show host.

ABC's Jake in Progress returns as a midseason replacement in January.

ER's 12th season premiere airs this Thursday.

Originally Posted by Sofia Nice, I've been watching ER since Episode 1. YOU HAVE? I stopped watching when George Clooney left.
icon_sad.gif

At 13, not much else to do, but watch tv I guess. I was hooked since day 1. My Thursday nights were "must see tv". Didn't watch much tv other than that and mtv though.

Originally Posted by Sofia At 13, not much else to do, but watch tv I guess. I was hooked since day 1. My Thursday nights were "must see tv". Didn't watch much tv other than that and mtv though. Wow, the only shows that I have watched since the beginning were BH 90210, Melrose Place and Friends.

I think John Stamos is cuter now than ever before. Imagine him as a doctor?
icon_razz.gif

Rebecca, you fool !!
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back