Spiders and crap...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today is hubby's birthday (the big three one) and ok, yes he should be allowed to do what he wants on his special day- but there was a bigass spider on the closet doorframe and I am PHOBIC when it comes to spiders- I start crying and if they arent vanquished I start gagging, horrible I know but do I get any sympathy on his birthday morning? Hell no. But anyway- I scream his name as I normally do in a high stress situation such as this one, and HE WOULDNT EVEN COME KILL IT!! He was playing one of his online "kill the badguy" games and didnt want to pause it to help me! So I start getting kind of weepy because I'm petrified and he still wouldnt come kill it. Well just now his aunt called to wish him a happy birthday and as soon as I told her he was too busy to come to the phone because he was KILLING THE BADGUYS and not killing spiders he came flying over to the phone. And then he took my soda. Anyway, my Knight in Fuzzy Bathrobe apologized and promised to kill it next time, so I'll still make him breakfast. But only because it's his birthday.

Ah yes, the dreaded Spider Incident. That's what my equally as bug phobic friend and I call them. I'm glad the Birthday Boy came to your rescue, finally! Do you have SpiDar? Ya know, when you can almost sense a spider lurking about before you actually see it? I have that. I swear, I'll wake up from a dead sleep and soon as my eyes focus, there it is. I wake up staring right at it. SpiDar. It's not a gift, it's a curse. If I didn't know about some of them, I'd be able to go to sleep. But there is no way I can go to sleep knowing there is one in my bedroom/bathroom. Can't do it! I'll just lay there knowing it's going to come get me. And do you hate the people who, although perfectly willing to come to your rescue during a Spider Incident, insist on taking the "poor spider" outside and setting it free? UNacceptable! Totally unacceptable!! Any spider on MY turf must die. Removal is not good enough, just death!

Yeah those darn online killing games....your story sounds too familiar!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bluepisces

So today is hubby's birthday (the big three one) and ok, yes he should be allowed to do what he wants on his special day- but there was a bigass spider on the closet doorframe and I am PHOBIC when it comes to spiders- I start crying and if they arent vanquished I start gagging, horrible I know but do I get any sympathy on his birthday morning? Hell no. But anyway- I scream his name as I normally do in a high stress situation such as this one, and HE WOULDNT EVEN COME KILL IT!! He was playing one of his online "kill the badguy" games and didnt want to pause it to help me! So I start getting kind of weepy because I'm petrified and he still wouldnt come kill it. Well just now his aunt called to wish him a happy birthday and as soon as I told her he was too busy to come to the phone because he was KILLING THE BADGUYS and not killing spiders he came flying over to the phone.
And then he took my soda.

Anyway, my Knight in Fuzzy Bathrobe apologized and promised to kill it next time, so I'll still make him breakfast.

But only because it's his birthday.

Hey...kill the bad guy games rule!!! I'm an AVID Quake3 player...me good too!!! (Reija SHHHH hehe j/k) Anyhow back to spiders. I have a story for you right from today. Today in our backyard, I was watering some of our flowers and palm trees when I saw a HUGE black widow(it's butt was like the size of a big green pea) on the stucco where I took the hose off. I didnt wanna kill it right there, cuz its dead bones would be left there on the wall, so I grabbed one of my gardening spades and tried to take it to the lawn for its crushing DEATH. As I picked it up with the spade, it strung down on it's web about one foot down...hanging there. A gust of wind came up and the spider swung like Tarzan and hit me in the chest. Have you ever seen a dragster rip accross the pavement? I RAN accross the backyard with the "heeeeby jeebies" brushing myself off. Luckly the spider fell on the lawn so I smoooshed it...

I agree with you, Pink!! It is never ok to catch the spider and free it- like there arent enough spiders in the world already! What, are we going to have a spider shortage if we squish them like nature intended???? LMAO at the SpiDar- I have that too!!! I'll wake up the whole house if I have to until I find someone who believes that I could HEAR it skittering across the wall. *shudders*

Tony, laffed my azz off at your tarzan spider incident- I bet you screamed like a girl too!!! Heeheehee
biggrin.gif

Naww no girlie scream.....just a Zoooooooooooooooooom across our backyard then quickly threw out...."how about them mets??" and grabbed a beer
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bluepisces

I agree with you, Pink!! It is never ok to catch the spider and free it- like there arent enough spiders in the world already! What, are we going to have a spider shortage if we squish them like nature intended???? LMAO at the SpiDar- I have that too!!! I'll wake up the whole house if I have to until I find someone who believes that I could HEAR it skittering across the wall. *shudders*

Tony, laffed my azz off at your tarzan spider incident- I bet you screamed like a girl too!!! Heeheehee
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just noticed im helping bump 4 yr old threads. sorry!
silly.gif
handkuss.gif
I happen to freak out when I see spiders and any kind of bugs too, and my hubby usually takes care of them. He refuses to kill them though, he just grabs them and sets them free outside the house.

nononononononononono no no no! Spiders will put me in a panic attack faster than ANYTHING in this world.

I hate them, they creep me out so much! They give me the heebie jeebies. I get goosebumps so bad that they hurt!

I was pregnant with my first and went on a trip with a bunch of students. Another group was there and insisted on putting fake tarantulas in the shower. I explained to them that I was petrified of spiders and to avoid doing that or I would kill them (the students, that is) And they responded, "Well, get ready because we have live tarantulas and we will be putting those in the shower too." I almost went into labor. I was so freaking upset. They started digging the tarantulas up out of the ground and bringing them into the building. I was so hysterical that my husband had to address their group leader and tell him that the kids HAD to stop doing that.

I have nightmares about spiders. I also see spiders in threes! If there is one in my kitchen, I know I will see two more within a week. That happens EVERY time. I hate it so much. HATE SPIDERS! **shudder**

You want to see a scary spider?! Only look if spiders do not freak you out...

goliathspidervg4.jpg

This is the world largest spider. Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula. Found in South America. I know someone who own's exotic pets and is in the process of training some for tv commericals, movies etc. I looked after this spider for a few days once. With their leg span, they can pretty much cover a small dinner plate. Although they are venomous, painful bite, they only way you would die from one is if you are allergic to bee/wasp venom, because there venom is similar. His name is Harry-Scary!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you have SpiDar? Ya know, when you can almost sense a spider lurking about before you actually see it? I have that. I swear, I'll wake up from a dead sleep and soon as my eyes focus, there it is. I wake up staring right at it. SpiDar. It's not a gift, it's a curse. If I didn't know about some of them, I'd be able to go to sleep. But there is no way I can go to sleep knowing there is one in my bedroom/bathroom. Can't do it! I'll just lay there knowing it's going to come get me.

oh my goodness i have that. once i was just going to sleep when i have this feeling like somethings is coming my way so i open my eyes and there it is. i jumped up and scream and my aunt killed it but i didnt want to go to sleep. actually im still scared of going to sleep

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just noticed im helping bump 4 yr old threads. sorry! Nice job Emily...lolWell I hate spiders. they just give me the heebie jeebies *shivers*
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey...kill the bad guy games rule!!! I'm an AVID Quake3 player...me good too!!! (Reija SHHHH hehe j/k)
Anyhow back to spiders. I have a story for you right from today. Today in our backyard, I was watering some of our flowers and palm trees when I saw a HUGE black widow(it's butt was like the size of a big green pea) on the stucco where I took the hose off. I didnt wanna kill it right there, cuz its dead bones would be left there on the wall, so I grabbed one of my gardening spades and tried to take it to the lawn for its crushing DEATH. As I picked it up with the spade, it strung down on it's web about one foot down...hanging there. A gust of wind came up and the spider swung like Tarzan and hit me in the chest. Have you ever seen a dragster rip accross the pavement? I RAN accross the backyard with the "heeeeby jeebies" brushing myself off. Luckly the spider fell on the lawn so I smoooshed it...

LOL!!

I can deal with any kind of critter except spiders. When I was 10 my cousin threw a Trantula at me and it stick to my shirt. I nver forgot that. I got him back though cause I grabed a broom and beat the crap out of him.

OMG Shelly. I shouldn't have looked at that picture. One of the Realtors at my partners office said once that she went to show a house and when they walked in the guy who lived there had cages everywhere. He said he owned over 500 Trantulas. She said some were even crawling around on the floor. She said the guy was selling the house because he needed more room??? She said the women who was looking to buy the house started screaming and ran out the door and down the street. By the time the Realtor got back to her car and found the woman she was 3 blocks away. We still laugh about that, although if it had been me I would have taken off running also.

OH DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN! That spider is AWFUL! Yikes!!!

I would die from fright if I walked into a house full of tarantulas. I found one on my doorstep when I lived in Texas and it took three neighbors to calm me down. I think if I saw a bunch of them I would literally have a stroke

Originally Posted by canadian_gurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif You want to see a scary spider?! Only look if spiders do not freak you out...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4585/goliathspidervg4.jpg
This is the world largest spider. Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula. Found in South America. I know someone who own's exotic pets and is in the process of training some for tv commericals, movies etc. I looked after this spider for a few days once. With their leg span, they can pretty much cover a small dinner plate. Although they are venomous, painful bite, they only way you would die from one is if you are allergic to bee/wasp venom, because there venom is similar. His name is Harry-Scary!
rotfl.gif

Awww...he's fuzzy! lol!

I've made my fiance drive over to my apartment while I whimpered on the phone to him. My old roommate was one of those "trap and release" people, but now that we don't live together I make sure they all die. I came across a huge one in my shower one day (at an old apartment) and my bf/fiance was too far away to come kill it, so I got out Kaboom! and sprayed the crap out of it until it stopped moving. Then I let it sit there until my bf could come clean it up.

Originally Posted by jeansguyokc /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can deal with any kind of critter except spiders. When I was 10 my cousin threw a Trantula at me and it stick to my shirt. I nver forgot that. I got him back though cause I grabed a broom and beat the crap out of him.
OMG Shelly. I shouldn't have looked at that picture. One of the Realtors at my partners office said once that she went to show a house and when they walked in the guy who lived there had cages everywhere. He said he owned over 500 Trantulas. She said some were even crawling around on the floor. She said the guy was selling the house because he needed more room??? She said the women who was looking to buy the house started screaming and ran out the door and down the street. By the time the Realtor got back to her car and found the woman she was 3 blocks away. We still laugh about that, although if it had been me I would have taken off running also.

I'm not really scared of spiders, but I think seeing that many would, eek! Either that guy loves spiders or he is breeding them for pet stores.
I was bit by a spider once, on top of my big toe at the lake. I didn't feel the bite, I just happened to look down, felt a tickle, and sawa a spider on top of my toe. I shoved it away and later noticed a small bite. It turned nice and ugly. My toe turned all purple and it left some type of blister.
10.gif
I think it was an Orb-Weaver Spider. Apparently they are not really aggressive, but heard they may bite if there web is disturbed. There was a web underneath the lawnchair.

Latest posts

Back