Spinoff: MAC Shadesticks as eye shadow base?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love my shadesticks. I've heard many rave about them as great bases. I love them cause they're so quick and easy to use but when I use them as a base, my shadow creases. I never really thought I had oily lids and when I use paints, my shadow is bulletproof with no creasing for >10 hours.

What am I doing wrong? Or do people put bases under their shadesticks? Help!

i like my shadesticks too. they're easier to use than paints and you're not wasting any. and they come in more colors
smile.gif

try using urban decay primer potion under your shadestick

You know my mom has a few and has mentioned to me a few times in the past few weeks that she's fed up of them creasing on her all the time. Think i might have to get UD PP for her so she can use them without creasing. I doubt they're any good as a base on their own though Ericka.

Definitely try UDPP with the shadesticks. I use them as a base at times and they don't crease. Whoo hoo!

Its a great base for colored eyeshadows, I use "Penny" beneath "Amber Lights" and "Bronze," and they stay on crease-free all day. The best e/s primer though, IMO, is the Urban Decay potion primer.
biggrin.gif

I use the UD Primer first, then the shadestick. Makes the color pop and is much more vivid than just wearing it alone. I only have 3 shadesticks so far, Beige-ing, Sharkskin, and ..... oh damn... I forgot the name of the other - but it's a lavender color... anyway !!! I use the Beige-ing everday, under everything. It's great as a browbone highlighter and it's neutral, so it goes with everything. I dont' wear purples or dark colors often.

Not to change the subject, but is there a trick to applying shadesticks? It seems like they aren't soft enough. I can't get them to glide on easily.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Not to change the subject, but is there a trick to applying shadesticks? It seems like they aren't soft enough. I can't get them to glide on easily. I have that problem with my older shadestick from the first release, gentil lentil. My new taupographic tho really glides on. I wonder if on my old one I missed fully snapping/double clicking the cap a few times, but I seem to remember it never went on as smoothly as my new one.

Originally Posted by CWHF I have that problem with my older shadestick from the first release, gentil lentil. My new taupographic tho really glides on. I wonder if on my old one I missed fully snapping/double clicking the cap a few times, but I seem to remember it never went on as smoothly as my new one. I have Lucky Jade and Fresh Cement, both brand new and I snap them shut completely each time I use them. Even the first time I used them they were difficult. I'll just have to keep trying.

I love using shadesticks as a base! I have several now and it depends on what colour I'm wearing that day. Some of the new colours are a little bit scratchy so I use untitled paint under those. But I find with shadesticks, my eye shadows go on much brighter and stay that way all day. Plus they're slightly creamy so they help pigments stick to your lids. The only thing I noticed was that it's a little more difficult to blend over shadesticks.

Back