Splurge vs. Save Beauty Products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bargain cosmetics and drugstore makeup bestow elegant results.

Attention all beauty junkies: You've got favorite high-end beauty products, right? Products you'd shell out your last few dollars for? Well, you don't have to spend your last dime on them anymore -- we found budget versions that are just as fabulous as their big-bucks cousins! Here, our favorite inexpensive picks:

Big Bucks: Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm ($20)

Budget: Almay Whipped Gloss in Nude Reflection ($6.99). Both glosses are sheer, nude shades with a hint of shimmer. Bonus: Almay's has a minty smell that wakes you up!

Big Bucks: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($16.50)

Budget: Revlon Eyelash Curler ($5.25). Both work the same way to curl and lift lashes, making eyes look wider and brighter.

Big Bucks: L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream ($23)

Budget: de-luxe Shea Butter Hand Cream ($8.99). With rich shea butter as the main ingredient, these creams soothe ultra-dry, chapped hands and cuticles. What's more, de-luxe is about one-third the price!

Big Bucks: Terax Original Crema ($20)

Budget: Pantene Deep Moisturizing Treatment ($7.49). Their thick, moisturizing textures and hair-friendly ingredients give sleekness and silkiness, and cut down on frizz.

Big Bucks: Philosophy Microdelivery Peel ($60)

Budget: Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel (about $24). Gorgeous skin requires exfoliation, and both of these products do it effectively and gently.

Big Bucks: Bliss Labs Ingrown Hair Eliminating Pads ($35)

Budget: Tend Skin ($20). These astringent formulas help prevent ingrown hairs on particularly prone areas such as underarms and bikini line. The difference: With Tend Skin, you add your own cotton pad.

Big Bucks: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream ($18)

Budget: Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing (5.99). These leave-in conditioners work to nix frizz and give instant shine. Tip: Use on dry hair to combat midday fuzzies!

Big Bucks: Dr. Hauschka Neem Nail Oil Pen ($15.50)

Budget: Profile Cuticle Softening Pen (about $7). Soften cuticles and keep hangnails out of sight with a handy cuticle oil dispensing pen.

Big Bucks: Lancome Amplicils mascara ($21.50)

Budget: Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara (about $8). Both formulas plump up lash volume, making them look thicker and more lush.

Cool post Marisol.. I remember somebody posting their comparisons before. Maybe we should do that again! Here's mine

NARS Orgasm Blush = Milani Luminous Blush

Originally Posted by Marisol Bargain cosmetics and drugstore makeup bestow elegant results.
Big Bucks: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream ($18)

Budget: Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing (5.99). These leave-in conditioners work to nix frizz and give instant shine. Tip: Use on dry hair to combat midday fuzzies!

Cool!Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream & Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing (5.99), sounds interesting!

Originally Posted by Marisol Big Bucks: Philosophy Microdelivery Peel ($60)Budget: Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel (about $24). Gorgeous skin requires exfoliation, and both of these products do it effectively and gently.

Good product. Has left my skin glowing and fresh and I've only used it 3 times. No tingle or burning sensation, just great looking skin.

Originally Posted by Marisol Big Bucks: Lancome Amplicils mascara ($21.50)Budget: Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara (about $8). Both formulas plump up lash volume, making them look thicker and more lush.

I proudly use both. I do however prefer the Amplicils. It leaves my lashes full and lush with just 2 light coats. Full & Soft is great, too. Very light, you barely feel like you're wearing mascara. Nice look for the lashes and comes in waterproof. (what I like)

Thanks for posting this, Marisol.

Wow Marisol, thanks for letting us know
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back