(SPOILER) Birchbox: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got box 16, I need to change my profile, I have too much anti aging moisturizer, would rather have the makep, this month was a dud for me

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's what I DON'T have values for yet (even the size of the sample would be much appreciated, so I can calculate the value myself):

BORGHESE Bagno di Vita Body Soak BORGHESE Botanico Eye Compresses BORGHESE Crema Saponetta Cleansing Bar for Face and Body BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint COOLA Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+ Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 Georgie Beauty Winks by Georgieâ„¢ Hair Rules Lift Volumizing Shampoo Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture KELLY VAN GOGH® Colour Protecting Caviar Conditioner KELLY VAN GOGH® Colour Protecting Caviar Shampoo KELLY VAN GOGH® WONDERLUST® Hair Colour Protecting & Illuminating Tonic LA FRESH® Eco Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover LA FRESH® Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Melvita Floral Water Oribe Conditioner for Beautiful Color Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color stila stay all day 10-in-1 hd beauty balm Wonderstruck Taylor Swift Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
I think the Clark's retails for around $18..thought it was a full sized one they sent out, but I could be wrong..
blink.gif

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can indeed add the prices in. In regards to the perfume samples - are the samples each 0.04 oz, 0.05 oz or 0.06 oz?
I got Juliette has a gun and it's 2ml

That would be 0.07 oz... I think... I hate conversions.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would be 0.07 oz... I think... I hate conversions.
Thanks, that would be $3.40 for the sample.

I think the Melvita Floral Water is .95 ounce.  If my calculations are correct the value of the sample would be $3.09.

And by the way, thanks for all your hard work.

claps.gif

This is what I have so far, and I still need values or at least the size of the items I listed above to finish the rest of the boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

By the way, I absolutely refuse to list those bandaids as a $15 item, I normally wouldn't care but they quite literally go for/around $3 at CVS and other retailers/drugstores.

Box 1 - $43.18 value: tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 stila one step bronze - $36.00 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 CleanWell Hand Sanitizing Wipes - $0.80 Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume - $3.40     Box 6 - $52.36 value: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. - $1.63 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask - $8.00 stila one step bronze - $36.00 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $3.75 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27     Box 7 - $16.70 value: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. - $1.63 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 beautyblender® blendercleanser - $1.46 Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - $6.88 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $3.75 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27     Box 8 - $22.71 value: Masqueology Brightening Mask - $8.00 Ada Cosmetics Bronzer - $4.15 Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal To Dry - $4.40 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle - $3.89     Box 9 - $27.76 value: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. - $1.63 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 Eyeko Fat Eye Stick - $15.00 Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal To Oily - $4.40 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $3.75 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27     Box 10 - $27.36 value: Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint - $19 LA FRESH® Eco Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover - $1.10 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 KELLY VAN GOGH® WONDERLUST® Hair Colour Protecting & Illuminating Tonic - $4.28     Box 14 - $32.64 value: Apothedermâ„¢ Stretch Mark Cream - $11.05 John Varvatos Star U.S.A. - $1.63 Scalisi Skincare Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - $13.00 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 CleanWell Hand Sanitizing Wipes - $0.80 BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle - $3.89     Box 15 - $30.82 value: Modcloth Headband - $14.00 Masqueology Brightening Mask - $8.00 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $3.75 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 Supergoop SPF 30+ Everyday UV Lotion for Face and Body - $2.80     Box 20 - $50.63 value: BY TERRY Light-Expert Perfecting Foundation Brush - $14.59 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 Eyeko Fat Eye Stick - $15.00 BY TERRY Crème de Rose Nutri-Lift Comfort Cream - $13.86 Joya Âmes SÅ“urs Parfum - A Scent of Soulmates - $4.20 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27     Box 21 - $20.65 value: Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask - $8.00 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27 Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume - $3.40 BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle - $3.89 Melvita Floral Water - $3.09

Do the drastic price differences bother anyone else? $16 then $50? Really?
Honestly, it really doesn't bother me that much. I just want things I actually want to use/try. I have no use for a $36 bronzer anyway. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It really bothers me.  Mainly because I always get the lowest value box that they send out (my April box was worth a whole $8).  I got box 7 ($16) this month.  I understand that subscribing to a sampling service is kind of like gambling - who knows which products I will like or that will work for me.  However, I don't think it's fair that it's also a gamble in terms of monetary value.  Why can't they even out the boxes a bit?  When ONE product in several of the boxes is worth double what all 5 of my products are together, it's really hard not to feel slighted.  I paid my $10 just like everybody else, so why shouldn't I get an equal box?  In the 8 months that I have been a BB subscriber, I have gotten 1 full size product and it was the Stila liner in last months box.  Every month, they hype up the full size products that they are sending (Beautyblender, Revolution Organics, Tarte lipsurgence, etc) and every month I seem to get the crap boxes.  I don't want to cancel BB because it does have the potential to be great, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm not a valued customer. 

*Edited to take out a sentence that didn't sound right and to add:  I don't care if the value of the boxes are $10 or $50, but I think they should be roughly the same value for all box variations.

Honestly, it really doesn't bother me that much. I just want things I actually want to use/try. I have no use for a $36 bronzer anyway. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
True, I thought it was sort of primer? I could be wrong but I'm such a primeaholic. And a bronzeaholic. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It really bothers me.  Mainly because I always get the lowest value box that they send out (my April box was worth a whole $8).  I got box 7 ($16) this month.  I understand that subscribing to a sampling service is kind of like gambling - who knows which products I will like or that will work for me.  However, I don't think it's fair that it's also a gamble in terms of monetary value.  Why can't they even out the boxes a bit?  When ONE product in several of the boxes is worth double what all 5 of my products are together, it's really hard not to feel slighted.  I paid my $10 just like everybody else, so why shouldn't I get an equal box?  In the 8 months that I have been a BB subscriber, I have gotten 1 full size product and it was the Stila liner in last months box.  Every month, they hype up the full size products that they are sending (Beautyblender, Revolution Organics, Tarte lipsurgence, etc) and every month I seem to get the crap boxes.  I don't want to cancel BB because it does have the potential to be great, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm not a valued customer.  *Edited to take out a sentence that didn't sound right and to add:  I don't care if the value of the boxes are $10 or $50, but I think they should be roughly the same value for all box variations.
I agree. My box is roughly worth $28 (box 17) but comparing the tiny Stila sample to the full size some people got just seems.. Idk, aggravating. I know I got a larger size face mist or whatever but it is still only worth like $4 and technically $0 to me since I won't use it. I wish they would almost offer a pre-month survey for what kind of items you'd like to try that month. I know it'd get tedious but I think we'd have a better chance at something we would be happy with.

Box 7 - $16.70 value: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. - $1.63 tili Bags Small Collection 1 - $0.71 beautyblender® blendercleanser - $1.46 Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - $6.88 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $3.75 theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $2.27  
Not that it makes any big difference, Box 7 having the lowest value 'n all, but I have $1.29 for the fragrance - did I calculate it wrongly?!

1.7 oz = $55

1 oz = $32.35

0.04 oz in sample x $32.35 = $1.29

Resulting in a total value of, lo(wer) and behold, $16.36

It bothers me. I had the dreaded box 11 in May. A mini bottle of nail polish, brush cleaner, and a nearly empty tube of BB cream was a box of disappointment. If I had the beauty blender to go along with the cleaner or a full tube of the BB cream it would have been better. I think the value of the box was $12 or so however my perception was less $5. But it was hard to swallow when so many people received a full size Stila liner or a Dior mascara or the Ojon products - things I would have loved to try.

Ironic moment: I hounded BirchBox to send me more BB cream (three emails and a phone call). Three and a half weeks later I finally received two more nearly empty tubes. Left them cap down on my counter overnight so that hopefully enough cream would drain down so I could squeeze some out. I applied the Dr. Jart BB cream the next morning - only had to mess around a little to get enough out of both tubes. I hated it. The coverage is nonexistent. I fiddled with the tubes, finally cut one open to get more product out with a q-tip. Applied a second application. Still hated it. I don't even think it would work as a primer for me.

Yea a little, but then everyone complains, "you only pay $10!".  I'm not asking for a $50 box though, just a little more balance...that's all.  Lol.  I mean, logically speaking, BB can't really expect people (as a whole) wouldn't rather have a box valued at $50.  IMO anyone who says, "No, I'd prefer the box with tiny samples as opposed to a box with full size stuff or stuff valued at $50" isn't being very honest with themselves.  But that's just my opinion.  Doesn't mean I don't like what's in my box, but I think it makes sense that people would be miffed.

**Edit:  I know it's subjective though, because some people simply don't use certain products, but I'm talking about a full size or higher value of something you WOULD use; not like how some people don't want the Stila bronzer because they're already dark-skinned or they don't like bronzer.

True, I thought it was sort of primer? I could be wrong but I'm such a primeaholic. And a bronzeaholic.
smile.gif
My mom got it in her box and it does say it's a bronzer and primer...however that works.  I know it's subjective, but for me (obsessed with bronzers) it would've been AWESOMEEEEE to get it....luckily since I live with my mom, I just use hers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's good, but it's not amazing, so I'm not toooo terribly upset.  Plus, I am getting that other bronzer in my box...whenever it decides to show up.

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea a little, but then everyone complains, "you only pay $10!".  I'm not asking for a $50 box though, just a little more balance...that's all.  Lol.  I mean, logically speaking, BB can't really expect people (as a whole) wouldn't rather have a box valued at $50.  IMO anyone who says, "No, I'd prefer the box with tiny samples as opposed to a box with full size stuff or stuff valued at $50" isn't being very honest with themselves.  But that's just my opinion.  Doesn't mean I don't like what's in my box, but I think it makes sense that people would be miffed.

**Edit:  I know it's subjective though, because some people simply don't use certain products, but I'm talking about a full size or higher value of something you WOULD use; not like how some people don't want the Stila bronzer because they're already dark-skinned or they don't like bronzer.
Yeah, my thing is (and I got a good box this month value wise) they just need to spread it out. Yes we all pay 10 dollars, so a box "worth" 10 dollars should be enough but its not when someone gets a box worth $50. If all boxes were mathematically worth say between 30 and 40, box envy would be less of a thing. 

The thing this month is that the stila 10 in 1 bb cream is a newer product, where as the bronzer is from last summer, so I kind of feel like they were clearing out inventory on that one. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, my thing is (and I got a good box this month value wise) they just need to spread it out. Yes we all pay 10 dollars, so a box "worth" 10 dollars should be enough but its not when someone gets a box worth $50. If all boxes were mathematically worth say between 30 and 40, box envy would be less of a thing. 

The thing this month is that the stila 10 in 1 bb cream is a newer product, where as the bronzer is from last summer, so I kind of feel like they were clearing out inventory on that one. 
Yea they could be (in regards to the bronzer).  That's all I'm asking for, a little even distribution lol.

Back