(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am seriously excited about those. Polish upgrade for (almost) sure. Not the best timing with billing right after Christmas when I've already spent so much $$ this month though ;-) 

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol

I wonder if they are grouped by collection. Like...

Annemarie/Farrah/Hope = It Girl

Hannah/Noelle = Boho Glam

Margot/Mae = Bombshell

Mona/Abigail = CWAT

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol
im loving farrah, noelle and abigail!  

I will have to get Abigail for sure, since that is my daughter's name. It is a really beautiful collection.

I like farrah and noelle also, but I wonder if it's just the finish i like. I figure a matte top coat could probably do the same thing to a few colors I already have...

Hannah reminds me of Westside Warrior from China Glaze which I already own. And, a few of the others I have dupes for too. I think I might skip again this month (unless there's a limit on how many months you can skip.) And, just get another mystery box and a few duos if they are on sale.

I am liking these colors a lot! I love the idea of a minis only box...  but I don't think I'll get it because they are all so bright, and I'm loving the neutral tone of the fullsize. Out of all of them my favorites are Hannah, Annemarie, and Abigail. If they are grouped the way @cari12 said, I would probably get Boho Glam or It Girl (depending on the product). I'm so excited now!

I just posted this in the December thread and wanted to post it here too.

I have a bunch of Julep discount codes up for grabs if anyone wants them, Free Nail Color(x2), Free Freedom Top Coat,$10 of order, 30% of entire order, 40% off entire order and 50% off entire order.

Discount fine print:

Offer expires 12/13/13 at 11:59pm PT. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or discount. Promotional code must be entered at checkout to receive discount. Promotional code only applicable when shopping bag subtotal meets or exceeds $25 and is valid for one use only. Offer excludes julep.com gift card purchases and gift of Maven purchases. No exchanges or returns. No adjustments on previous purchases. Taxes vary by location

Anyone know what the theme is? Just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not sure about these yet...there are a few I like but it seems like the ones I like are always in different collections! We'll see...I always get really excited for the 20th and then end up skipping most months lol. I usually just get the polishes I want later on during some promotion.

Me too!  So that means these 3 will not be in the same box for sure.  But wouldn't it be great if they were?

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too!  So that means these 3 will not be in the same box for sure.  But wouldn't it be great if they were?
lol well of course they won't!  Why ever would they put more than one color that we like in a box?!  

Anyone know what the theme is? Just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not sure about these yet...there are a few I like but it seems like the ones I like are always in different collections! We'll see...I always get really excited for the 20th and then end up skipping most months lol. I usually just get the polishes I want later on during some promotion.
As a theme for this collection, not to be facetious, but it must be California dreaming. If you remember the old song by the mamas and the Papas who's chorus goes, "all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray" I just have the winter blues and it's unfortunate that this collection doesn't do much to cheer me up.oh I well. I'm glad that some people enjoy it.

I don't know where the insert image button is but someone shared a pic of the Jan 14 promo pic for the collection and there's a lot more color than the swatches show. The grays look more purple, the one I thought was brown looks more pinky-reddish maybe?

Quote: Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As a theme for this collection, not to be facetious, but it must be California dreaming. If you remember the old song by the mamas and the Papas who's chorus goes, "all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray" I just have the winter blues and it's unfortunate that this collection doesn't do much to cheer me up.oh I well. I'm glad that some people enjoy it.
the theme is the Boudoir Collection!

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know where the insert image button is but someone shared a pic of the Jan 14 promo pic for the collection and there's a lot more color than the swatches show. The grays look more purple, the one I thought was brown looks more pinky-reddish maybe?
when you reply or quote it's in the task bar at the top - it's a picture of mountains i guess? in order to do a spoiler (the blacked out quote box) insert a black spoiler, then click inside of the yellow area that comes up and then insert the pic into that

I'm sure the colors I like will be in different collections, so I'm really hoping for another core classics box so I can ad on just the ones I want.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still on the hunt for a nice dark (but not too dark) forest green. Also hoping they get away from makeup and go back to skin/body care (hello cleansing oil anyone?). 2014 is full of possibilities!
biggrin.gif

Butter London Racing Stripe Green - it's seriously perfect

Back