(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are only 9 colours released every month, right...? so are the other 3 extras? oh someone already said it sorry I'm really tired

1455066_710236385662558_2009718038_n.jpg

I actually really love all these colours, even though I'm neutral'd out at the moment. I'm not super interested in the products but if they still have the polish only upgrade......not that I need more polish @__@

also, farrah, noelle and abigail matted holos??

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  there are only 9 colours released every month, right...? so are the other 3 extras? oh someone already said it sorry I'm really tired

I actually really love all these colours, even though I'm neutral'd out at the moment. I'm not super interested in the products but if they still have the polish only upgrade......not that I need more polish @__@

Kind of wishing I hadn't bought the ta-da drops separately a couple weeks ago!

I don't know where the insert image button is but someone shared a pic of the Jan 14 promo pic for the collection and there's a lot more color than the swatches show. The grays look more purple, the one I thought was brown looks more pinky-reddish maybe?
when you reply or quote it's in the task bar at the top - it's a picture of mountains i guess? in order to do a spoiler (the blacked out quote box) insert a black spoiler, then click inside of the yellow area that comes up and then insert the pic into that
Haha! I know ;-) it was glitching earlier on my phone and that whole bar of options wasn't showing! It is now though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that's kind of what they looked like to me!  something like that anyhow, def not your typical matte

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wonder if they are grouped by collection. Like...

Annemarie/Farrah/Hope = It Girl

Hannah/Noelle = Boho Glam

Margot/Mae = Bombshell

Mona/Abigail = CWAT
You're probably right about IG and BG, but BS and CWaT are likely switched. Mona is waaay out there for CWaT but paired with Abigail a perfectly BS set of colours

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wonder if they are grouped by collection. Like...

Annemarie/Farrah/Hope = It Girl

Hannah/Noelle = Boho Glam

Margot/Mae = Bombshell

Mona/Abigail = CWAT
You're probably right about IG and BG, but BS and CWaT are likely switched. Mona is waaay out there for CWaT but paired with Abigail a perfectly BS set of colours

Yeah I thought of that later on when I saw more pictures of swatches :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was just a quick general guess at first, I wasn't trying to be super specific, hence the Like... (I meant that as a "for example") ;-)

The more I look at this the more I love the colors.  This is not going to be good for my wallet.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want a New Years theme with glittery polishes in different shades and some new metallic! Perhaps golds, reds, champagnes, blue shimmers, etc.  I always want more  purple nail polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another vote for more foils/metallics over here! A nice icy blue would be amazing. I'm really hoping that there's an all-shimmery-and-cool It Girl box with a sparkly add-on or two. I have enough points for a free box plus one or two add-ons, and I'm a January baby, so I'm looking at it as a birthday present!

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What they said !!
Did you ladies get Zelda yet? OMG it's a light rose goldish metallic foil color. I got it during the Black Friday deals and I LOVE IT!!!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you ladies get Zelda yet? OMG it's a light rose goldish metallic foil color. I got it during the Black Friday deals and I LOVE IT!!!! 
I got that whole collection the month it was released!  That's why I want more things in this finish:  I know they can do amazing things with it.  They just need to do *more* of them.

Is it just me, or do the swatched colors on page 1 of this thread look completely different from the photo in the background of Kyuu's spoiler photo?  I don't mean a little bit different, like a purple maybe looking brown depending on the lighting.  I mean pink versus green.  Completely different colors.  I'm confused!  TIme for more Nyquil.

I'm really liking these colors a lot and will probably consider an upgrade. It's nice to see

nail products
as the extras this month. But I have to check my swatch sticks before ordering. Between SS for nails and all the sales this month, I'm getting close to having a couple hundred polishes. I think it's time to become a little more careful about purchases because I buy what I like, so I tend to end up with a lot of similar colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

Looks like I am going to upgrade, love the colors.

Which ones are gonna be in each box. Because, if I take the box. I usually do It Girl. But, I have been wanting those quick dry drops forever and I want to know which colors are going to be in the 2 polish boxes. I can use my jules to get another polish.

I just don't wanna miss out on the good colors. If It Girl is indeed the box that has the ones I do like. Which are Farrah, Margot, and Lani. And, I also kinda like Mona. Hannah is pretty...but, like I said. I have a color that looks just like it. And, I have a matte top coat that will make a grey I have look just like Mae if I put it over it.

Now, if Farrah and Margot are paired together. That's the box I'll take. Then I'll add on Lani with my jules and maybe buy Mona as an add on.

So...Is Lani not coming out or is it just an add on only?

how do quick dry drops work?  every time i look at these swatches i like the colors more and more..... 

So far, those colors don't appeal to me a lot. But, I was hoping to skip a month anyways after spending way too much on polishes in the last 2 months. It would be good not to like them ...

Noelle and Abigail do look nice though ... in one box I might be tempted.

The more I look at them the more I'm just blah about them. So I pulled the trigger on the mystery box and mystery add-on. Since I had my 40 off still languishing around.

I read somewhere that the super-bright colours (there are 3) will be a kit of minis with a top coat as an add-on for ~$15 (or 1500 jules). Apparently that was the word on the street at the NYC Julep popup store the other day.

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

Oh my god realistic swatches lol. I thought this day would never come. I hope this happens every month now!

Quote: Originally Posted by madricka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I read somewhere that the super-bright colours (there are 3) will be a kit of minis with a top coat as an add-on for ~$15 (or 1500 jules). Apparently that was the word on the street at the NYC Julep popup store the other day.

In that case. I'm skipping and getting the mystery box.

I can just pray that I get the quick dry drops in that thing and no dupes.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In that case. I'm skipping and getting the mystery box.

I can just pray that I get the quick dry drops in that thing and no dupes.
Is there somewhere where we can discuss the current Mystery Box being offered???

Back