(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now everyone gets to start guessing a month before. Good way to keep people hooked!

Hmm... I just read an article on ELLE saying that Osacar de la Renta is releasing lipsticks and nail polishes this year?

I just really hope if they're offering stila again that everyone gets it--or something equally amazing.  No point in hyping up brands like that if less than half the boxes contain it, ya know?

I am just hoping the perfume ( if it is perfume) is a decent size like the Oscar de la Renta Live in Live that came in this months sample society. Not more if those tiny little freebie vials we usually get

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a cute iPod/phone accessory...?
headphonedance.gif
 Just hoping we don't get another music download! I am picky about the music I listen to and I doubt I would like anything they gave me! I wasn't a fan of the last band...what was their name again?
roflmao.gif
EXACTLY! and i would feel kind of ripped off having that in my box, idk. i guess they can get away with it because it fits under the "lifestyle" category but it's so easy to listen to any new band you wish via myspace or youtube that it would add zero value to my box.

True, it really is up to whatever company/companies they approach about participating. Can't control that part. So now we know Stila likes that kind of PR; I like the brand, so I'm happy to potentially receive more goodies from them.

Originally Posted by strawberrybrite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why do they keep on using Stila over and over again, maybe everyone else really loves it but I don't think it's that great compared to all the other high end brands that I've tried and used in my life. Switch it up!!

I have two BB subs and it let me enter in one of my email addresses, but not the other lol..why not try?

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think you can enter even if you're a Birchbox subscriber? I looked through the rules and there doesn't seem to be anything stating you can't enter if you're already a member. 

I'm thinking that maybe we could get super lucky and get some mini rollerballs? Although, the mini perfume bottle is super cute looking! Since they're doing the 5 senses, that really leaves a lot of room..but obviously a perfume seems appropriate for the smell portion. Maybe the feel it, is a lotion or lippie product to produce smoother skin/lips? The see it sense could be a pop of color...so anything from makeup to nail polish...aarrghh..the possibilities!!! Haven't even got my June boxes and I'm starting to trip out over July?!! LOL

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am just hoping the perfume ( if it is perfume) is a decent size like the Oscar de la Renta Live in Live that came in this months sample society. Not more if those tiny little freebie vials we usually get

I wouldn't mind getting a perfume if it was a rollerball or a deluxe size. I just have way too many little perfume samples. I don't think I'd be too happy with a music download and a little perfume sample in the same box. However I would be more than happy to get another Stila product. That's just me though...I love the brand and it's *usually* a full sized product!

Ditto!! I love their brand and products...it'd be really neat to get some of their shimmer tinted moisturizer or another one of their lippies...I have a few lol.

I wouldn't mind getting a perfume if it was a rollerball or a deluxe size. I just have way too many little perfume samples. I don't think I'd be too happy with a music download and a little perfume sample in the same box. However I would be more than happy to get another Stila product. That's just me though...I love the brand and it's *usually* a full sized product!

I don't think I'm excited about the taste it & hear it, but it sounds like it might really be good.  Guess I'll keep my 2nd account.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a cute iPod/phone accessory...?
headphonedance.gif
 Just hoping we don't get another music download! I am picky about the music I listen to and I doubt I would like anything they gave me! I wasn't a fan of the last band...what was their name again?
roflmao.gif
Green River Ordinance.

Ironically, they're playing here tomorrow night.

I'm not going LOL

I won't be surprise if HEAR is a music download. For those who follow Birch Box and Stila Comestics on Twitter a few weeks ago, didn't they ask what was your #GoToSong for getting ready? I wonder if there's any relations? 

Then again it could possibly be just about anything.

I'm excited!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Green River Ordinance.

I'm not going LOL
That is HILARIOUS. How ironic!

I posted about the collaboration on my blog but other than what has been previously posted I have no other info yet. I have contacted my contact (not Paulina) at Birchbox for more info or the actual press release. Here's part of what I wrote on my blog (as the rest is pretty similar to above).

The theme of the box is Five Senses of Summer with See It. Hear It. Feel It. Smell It. Taste It. So speculation on it is that the taste it will be a food item, smell it will be a perfume (possibly Oscar de la Renta since that's been coming in BeautyBar's Sample Society boxes for the last two months). Feel it is possibly some type of lotion (possibly from Boscia). Hear it has to be a music download (I did download the other free music from a couple of months ago but it wasn't my taste). See it is probably type of eye product (possibly from Stila).
I think too many of us have been around each other too much because we're all on the same wavelength when it comes to the guesses. LOL

Here's the pic if you don't want to click through. : )
glamour-birchbox.jpg
[/quote So this is what I an assuming Taste- a food item. Probably a bar of some sort Smell - the Oscar de la Renta perfume Hear - a music download See - a Stila makeup product. Probably a lip gloss since they just did liners Feel - a Boscia lotion or cream for the face or body Thoughts?
The smell me could not be anything but perfume and could almost guarantee that hear me is music downloads. Sometimes the mist obvious conclusiôn is the right one. Think small and you will not be dissapointed

at this rate the only way birchbox can make up for giving me a song as a sample would be to allow me to get points for reviewing it.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Green River Ordinance.

I'm not going LOL
lol GO. Take pics, send them to birchbox and tell them  you love them thanks to discovering them in your bb, reap the rewards! 

It's possible that the Taste it could be a yummy lip gloss? (yes, I know you're not supposed to eat it...) I can only hope. With so many food allergy problems and different tastes I find food an odd lifestyle product to include in a beauty box. Plus, would they really be including 2 "lifestyle" items (food and download)? I'm pretty convinced the "hear" would be a music download. It's cheap (most likely free) and easy and can be distributed to everyone.

Back