Spring's Full Skirts Await you (Article)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!--BEGIN CONTENT-->A Woman in Full: Spring's Full Skirts Await You </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

By Lisa Kovalovich

More Magazine

Stash your pencil skirts in the back of your closet -- this spring, the new skirt silhouette is full, flouncy and fun. Read on for guidelines and insider tips to pulling off this playful style: The Cut

A full skirt has a flirty appeal, thanks to its movement and flippy hemline. To make sure you get the best effect, choose a skirt that is cinched in at the waist and trumpets outward. One with a thin crinoline or several layers of fabric underneath will give a standout silhouette. Choose a skirt that falls just across your knees. Any shorter, and you'll look like a little girl; longer, you'll look like a '50s bridesmaid.

The Fabric

Anything goes when it comes to fabric this spring; it all depends on the mood you're in! For evening, try silk shantung in a bold jewel tone, or soft lace over a crinoline. For work, go for khaki twill or crisp linen. For a romantic look, choose skirts with detailed lacy or beaded hems. And for fun, try a bold flower print or western-inspired stripe.

How to Make It Work

The key to looking great in a full skirt is proportion; you must balance the fullness on the bottom with some sleekness on top. Here's how it looks for specific occasions:

Evening: Try a sleek shell or short wrap sweater on top. Pair with T-strap heels.

Work: Add a crisp, white oxford, but instead of tucking it in, wrap it around your waist. Or go for a ladylike sweater set in fine-gauge silk. Mid-heeled mules polish off the professional look.

Romance: When you're feeling passionate, wear with a shoulder-baring halter or camisole. Be sure your top is form-fitting to show off the skirt's narrow waist. Add jeweled heels or sexy wedge sandals. Fun: Pick a cotton tank in a bright color, or a close-fitting T-shirt for the utmost in relaxed chic. Or kick things up with a short-sleeved blouse in a polka-dot print. On your feet, anything goes, from flip-flops to espadrilles to girlie Mary Janes.

OMG, I love full skirts & am glad they're around again this Spring/Summer.
biggrin.gif

My legs are too skinny to pull of full skirts, but I'm always excited to hear that longer skirts are coming back into style instead of all those crazy mini-skirts!
biggrin.gif

You're too funny. I doubt that you have a big @ss, but I just think that they're so feminine & classic. Very Grace Kelly & Audrey Hepburn.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha You're too funny. I doubt that you have a big @ss, but I just think that they're so feminine & classic. Very Grace Kelly & Audrey Hepburn.
biggrin.gif
Yup! Very 50's... without the poodle! lol And yes - my butt is a JLO extreme! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha OMG, I love full skirts & am glad they're around again this Spring/Summer.
biggrin.gif
Me too!
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back