Starbox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vee, what is this picture of which you speak? Inquiring eyes and all!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one that is weirded out by the pic? I am not being a prude, I can appreciate a female body but a signed picture of some random chick? I think it's weird and a little vain. Ok maybe shes not RANDOM but it was unnecessary, is this considered one of our "products"?

Hopefully this works, I posted it on instagram:

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vee, what is this picture of which you speak? Inquiring eyes and all!

I got my August Starbox too! This is my fourth month, and also brand new to Starlooks' subscription boxes, (I have had other sub boxes for a little longer) and I absolutely love this one. I guess I disagree with these comments, this box was pretty meaningful to me- but I researched Lauren Bradley after my box came, and I guess I really identified with her-

It seems to me that some people either skipped reading the August flyer and/or misunderstood the message Starlooks and Lauren were trying to get across, at least in my opinion.  In our society, I feel as if I am constantly barraged with negative influences, overtly negative television, offensive media, and some are my own doing like bad relationships or just plain my curiosity of what's out there...

I think Lauren understands this and she is trying to get all women to understand this as well.  She is saying in a photograph and through her brand that if you have spent your life comparing yourself to other women to stop.  Change right now and pay attention to the unique beauty that YOU are.
Clearly, as you can see, Lauren isn't a Victoria Secret model. She's a real woman, and very beautiful.

I feel as if Lauren is trying to tell us to wear lingerie for ourselves to have the simple idea that we are not only worth it but that we deserve to wear beautiful intimate apparel and for any reason that we please. Besides the fact that she's a fashion designer and designed her own lingerie line and is wearing it in the photo! This, to me, is so cool and innovative, and I'm excited to know about a more classic looking line now...  And I don't have anything against Victoria's secret, or any other lingerie line's ads either.. or I would be a hypocrite. And this makes you feel like you don't have to look like that to wear awesome makeup and pretty undergarments. To me that is empowering and revolutionary!  And it all starts with loving and accepting you for who you are. 

I forgot for a moment but Lauren helped me remember: I am beautiful because I am.

This box isn't selling sexy to me: it's selling empowerment. 

Yeah, I totally agree. This was my second Starbox and I thought it was phenomenal. 

I live in NYC and am obsessed with fashion and LOVE that Starlooks decided to team up with a CELEBRITY DESIGNER for this box! Seriously?! NAME ANOTHER BOX COMPANY THAT DOES THAT!! ha!

No offense, but you all are totally missing the point. Did you even read the flyers? My guess is no, and you definitely should. You're not influencing anyone with these comments, rather, you're making yourself look ill-informed. And to be honest, you all kindof come off a little "jealous" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello! My name is Marci Star, owner of Starlooks and creator of Starbox! This is my first time to makeuptalk.com, I got tipped off to it, and I have to say, I am SO flattered that an organic thread has been posted and relayed about our Starbox! Thank you, thank you!!!

Just wanted to write to you all personally to let you know I HEAR YOU! ♥ I've been researching your feedback and looking into these beauty talk sites, etc. Along with opinions about the brush, we've also seen some comments and questions about our motives for including the autographed picture. 

Every month, we strive to give you something NEW, something "outside the box" (no pun intended, haha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> which we hope is not only entertaining, but also cutting edge, innovative, and different from other subscription boxes! Just to clear it up for some of you who may have been offended by this, the message of this box was not "sex sells" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was about owning yourself as the woman you are, breaking out of your shell, women empowerment, and beauty! We believe celebrity designer, Lauren Bradley, is the perfect symbol of this, and the picture we included is of Lauren herself, wearing a set of the beautiful lingerie she designed!

Also, the reason we sent you Lauren's signature lip gloss color, rather than the deep red lip stick she wore in the photo shoot, was because we received several complaints about lipstick we've sent in past boxes melting in the summer sun! Oh no! So until fall/winter, we decided to stick with products that will hopefully arrive intact :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The eyeliner you received, however, is the very liner that Lauren is wearing in her lookbook, and she DID personally hand pick each piece, as well as take the time to sign her beautiful collectors card for each and every one of you ♥ We didn't mean to make you think anything else than: this is a beautiful collectors card from Lauren's heart and soul.. and she wanted you to know her and give you a piece of her passion. :) I am really hoping that you all can open your minds and treasure her talent as we have.

Because of the tremendous amount of feedback we have been receiving from you, and because I want to stay personally available and continue to create wonderful relationships with my Starbox subscribers and reviewers, in the future, we will be posting a video segment on each month's box called "WHY, MARCI!?" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These video's will explain why we chose everything you will receive. You can view these on our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/starlooksmd. Videos are launching in September. Hope this helps! We love you, Starboxers/Reviewers! xoxo - Marci Star ★

There is no need to be catty. I DID read the flyers and I got the message, however, I feel like the image of her in lingerie was not needed for a make up box (for me personally).

We're all entitled to our own opinion, doesn't mean we're "jealous", which is hilarious BTW.

Hi Marci! Welcome to MUT, glad to have you here. I personally was not "offended" by the card, I just didn't see the purpose. As I stated in my previous post, I did understand the message. I do not dislike starlooks for it, I love my box (this is my 3rd one), the customer service and the items I have received.

It's outstanding that you take your customers/subscribers thoughts and comments into play and we appreciate that as consumers.

I can't wait to see what is in coming months, and I personally request a fuchsia lipstick ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello! My name is Marci Star, owner of Starlooks and creator of Starbox! This is my first time to makeuptalk.com, I got tipped off to it, and I have to say, I am SO flattered that an organic thread has been posted and relayed about our Starbox! Thank you, thank you!!!

edited for content - TOS - original post deleted for advertising violation

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Marci! Welcome to MUT, glad to have you here. I personally was not "offended" by the card, I just didn't see the purpose. As I stated in my previous post, I did understand the message. I do not dislike starlooks for it, I love my box (this is my 3rd one), the customer service and the items I have received.

It's outstanding that you take your customers/subscribers thoughts and comments into play and we appreciate that as consumers.
Couldn't agree with this more. I think my initial response was that it just didn't seem to match the items. This has nothing to do with not like Lauren either. She is a beautiful woman and is obviously talented at what she does.

As someone who lives in a super hot climate I can appreciate your comments regarding melting products since that happens occasionally to me. Either way, I did like my items and I do appreciate your customer service. It's wonderful that you are involved and care about how your customers feel.

Vee!! I just sent you an email. I love this makeuptalk.com thing ;-) It makes our relationship finally feel real!

I am SO EXCITED to finally meet you! I read through all your opinions, and you are such a valued subscriber and your opinion is SO important to me!

If you plan on reviewing our box on your channel, please email me anytime at [email protected]. I will give you some tip-offs (not give away the contents, but definitely some hints ;-) as to what may be featured in the next box, and I hope that one day you might help do a tutorial for us! 

Read your email for more info.

Pleasure meeting you!

XO Marci

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Couldn't agree with this more. I think my initial response was that it just didn't seem to match the items. This has nothing to do with not like Lauren either. She is a beautiful woman and is obviously talented at what she does.

As someone who lives in a super hot climate I can appreciate your comments regarding melting products since that happens occasionally to me. Either way, I did like my items and I do appreciate your customer service. It's wonderful that you are involved and care about how your customers feel.
Dalylah,

Thank you so much for your opinions as well! I am just excited to hear people's thoughts and reactions. And I'm proud to stand behind people like Lauren and my only wish is that you and other subscribers love our product. It makes my heart so big! Thank you for being a valued subscriber! I will continue to do my best to personally reply personally to your comments!

xo, Marci

@Vee Lucky girl! Now I am going to be forced to wrestle Vee to the ground for future hints.
daz.gif

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dalylah,

Thank you so much for your opinions as well! I am just excited to hear people's thoughts and reactions. And I'm proud to stand behind people like Lauren and my only wish is that you and other subscribers love our product. It makes my heart so big! Thank you for being a valued subscriber! I will continue to do my best to personally reply personally to your comments!

xo, Marci
We appreciate your personal touch here for sure!

Vee is a very well-respected member of this community. She is helpful, kind, and does not deserve this sort of pointless venom.You are not exactly making yourself appear particularly well informed or even particularly nice by attacking her. I am also not sure why where you live makes your opinion more worthy.

Originally Posted by azuramour /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I totally agree. This was my second Starbox and I thought it was phenomenal. 

I live in NYC and am obsessed with fashion and LOVE that Starlooks decided to team up with a CELEBRITY DESIGNER for this box! Seriously?! NAME ANOTHER BOX COMPANY THAT DOES THAT!! ha!

No offense, but you all are totally missing the point. Did you even read the flyers? My guess is no, and you definitely should. You're not influencing anyone with these comments, rather, you're making yourself look ill-informed. And to be honest, you all kindof come off a little "jealous" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by PrettyPinchy1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This box isn't selling sexy to me: it's selling empowerment.

But it's your company Marci.

You're correct.

Please allow me to clear a couple of things up for all of you ;-).

Starlooks, LLC's office is located in Irvine Ca. I have a PR person (who sometimes works our of our office) and a good friend in New York City that are both supporters and subscribers of Starbox. It may have seemed like they were defending SL, but I require them to be subscribed to the box before they made comments.

Please know who these people are:

My PR person's screenname is PrettyPinchy

My Good friend is DiorAdora

Vee- I apologize, I don't approve of the recent comment Dior wrote about you and don't stand behind it.. I have told her this. I don't want my friends getting on this thread and not being nice. I have advised her to remove her comment, as I have been speaking with you and we are building a personal relationship- finally!

If MUT doesn't feel that it is fair for these subscribers to state their opinions, however, then please reply to this thread. I breathe Starlooks, and only hope that it will always stay a most supportive brand. But if our friends enjoy their boxes, and this thread is freedom of opinion, there isn't much that I am able to do except give mine ;-) AND I think it's pretty cool that our PR person has some things to tell you sometimes, as well as you all knowing that our friends are involved as well. Starlooks is one big happy family. And we welcome all of you into it.....

Love, Marci

OOps!! DiorAdora is another subscriber... I confused her with AZURAMOR- who is ourr friend

Sorry Dior! 

As you can see, I'm very new to MUT! ;-)

AND Azur's comment was erased. Thank you MUT team.

Marc

Wow, that's really off putting and a turn off to think your "employees" would do something like that for having an honest opinion. Not sure how I feel about this now.

You're correct. Please allow me to clear a couple of things up for all of you ;-). Starlooks, LLC's office is located in Irvine Ca. I have a PR person (who sometimes works our of our office) and a good friend in New York City that are both supporters and subscribers of Starbox. It may have seemed like they were defending SL, but I require them to be subscribed to the box before they made comments. Please know who these people are: My PR person's screenname is PrettyPinchy My Good friend is DiorAdora Vee- I apologize, I don't approve of the recent comment Dior wrote about you and don't stand behind it.. I have told her this. I don't want my friends getting on this thread and not being nice. I have advised her to remove her comment, as I have been speaking with you and we are building a personal relationship- finally! If MUT doesn't feel that it is fair for these subscribers to state their opinions, however, then please reply to this thread. I breathe Starlooks, and only hope that it will always stay a most supportive brand. But if our friends enjoy their boxes, and this thread is freedom of opinion, there isn't much that I am able to do except give mine ;-) AND I think it's pretty cool that our PR person has some things to tell you sometimes, as well as you all knowing that our friends are involved as well. Starlooks is one big happy family. And we welcome all of you into it..... Love, Marci
Thank you <3
Vee is a very well-respected member of this community. She is helpful, kind, and does not deserve this sort of pointless venom.You are not exactly making yourself appear particularly well informed or even particularly nice by attacking her. I am also not sure why where you live makes your opinion more worthy.

I really do not like how my name is being tossed into this! I have nothing to do with the starlooks team. If your going to use name references please use them correctly as this makes me look like I've done or said something I haven't. Thank you And reading all this I'd say its off putting to me as well..

The three accounts associated with StarLooks are:

MarciStarLooks, PrettyPinchy1 and azuramour. DiorAdora is not in California nor is in NYC.

Back